welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Shit I made a Sunday Playlist!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Holy Shit I made a Sunday Playlist! Reply with quote

I have something to post! I am probably late to the party since they were featured on Colbert not that long ago but damn they is awesome.

Attaboy by the Goat Rodeo Sessions.

The Goat Rodeo Sessions is the highest caliber folk music POSSIBLE! (Excuse me: "blending the classical and bluegrass genres") Seriously, Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer and Chris Thile.

Yo-Yo Fucking Ma.

Watch it FFS.

Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck. Everything Yo-Yo Ma touches turns to gold. Seriously. Even just playing in the background. It sounded to me like that one guy came in on a bit wonky of timing about 2/3rds of the way through but as it is a (somewhat) live performance and he was fine other than that little fumble I will excuse him. I wouldn't even say anything about it BUT MY STANDARDS FOR THIS BAND ARE IMPOSSIBLY HIGH BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE IN IT.
...and on a second listening I didn't even notice whatever the hell it was I was talking about just now. Huh. 気のせいかな。。。

Speaking of skilled classical musicians(at least according to their fans, bahahaha) playing crossovers with regional folksy stuff...
Bond- Shine for a bit of the Indian flavor.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair (off their fourth album, Suck It and See)
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen Close, by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death in Vegas - Aisha
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair (off their fourth album, Suck It and See)

I saw them this summer, I was drunk and also doing some seriously experimental chemistry, and yet even so the stuff they did from the latest album nearly put me to bed early.

Modest Mouse - Float On because they have moustaches and because the guy who created DangerMouse (the cartoon) died this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

It's a good song and all, but what I am saying is beware of singers from the north of England who are all into telling you whether to sit down or stand up or not.

Mr Zsasz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Dogen wrote:

I saw them this summer, I was drunk and also doing some seriously experimental chemistry, and yet even so the stuff they did from the latest album nearly put me to bed early.

Modest Mouse - Float On because they have moustaches and because the guy who created DangerMouse (the cartoon) died this week.

I will admit that I liked their second album better. If I'm going to listen to pop-rock/brit-pop/whatever, I like it to be really bombastic and energetic. I still find Don't Sit Down to be catchy, though. There's another song on the album called Brick By Brick that makes me want to smash my face with a... wait for it... shit I lost it. Well, some kind of heavy object one could fit in the hand, anyway. Right in the face.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
There's another song on the album called Brick By Brick that makes me want to smash my face with a... wait for it... shit I lost it. Well, some kind of heavy object one could fit in the hand, anyway. Right in the face.

Archer wrote:
Wait ... I had a ... I had a thing for this ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that show. I wish they'd make more. I have season one on DVD.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I love that show. I wish they'd make more. I have season one on DVD.

Season three started showing on US tv, and is to begin again in 2012. Season three includes a Burt Reynolds cameo.

Because this is how we get ants.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube seems to have taken down all copies of Paragons of Innocence.
Bastidges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: