welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-04-01 - hug 4, the devil within
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leutchi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
It's not a BOMF people. that comes from the hands. What she hit Slick with, from her tail, is a BZOMF. I don't think it's nit picking people as the means of delivery, the spelling, & the results are all shown to be different from a BMOF.

Whoops, my mistake - you're right Motorcycle Very Happy

So by being 'attacked' by the tail could possibly lead to different effects that being just regularly bomfed? 'Niques reaction might be quite interesting.
Ptharien's Flame

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
It's not a BOMF people. that comes from the hands. What she hit Slick with, from her tail, is a BZOMF. I don't think it's nit picking people as the means of delivery, the spelling, & the results are all shown to be different from a BMOF.

But remember Free Hugs 3? She said her hugs "come with BOMF". Either a BZOMF is a specialized kind of BOMF, or something at least partially screwed her up. The second one makes more sense to me, especially since she seems confused in the 11th panel of the strip we're all discussing.

Also, I vote for "Mint" too.
Maynar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, fresh meat! Wink

Welcome to both you newcomers. Cool
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for 'Forever Nameless.'
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding her "new" Devil Girl ability, well, like Blue, she may have the proportionate power of a Plot Device.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4191
(panel 6 there)

The thing about Minty the Not-an-Asssassin here is that she does not obviously fit into any pre-existing Devil Girl niche.

1) Unlike Blue, Fuchsia, and others, there's no evidence that she works directly for The Devil. She's just strolling around in relatively modest attire, la la la.

2) Unlike Pebbles, there's no evidence that she was directly BOMFed into being a Devil Girl by The Devil. Plus, also unlike Pebbles, she seems to be pretty assimilated into "mainstream" society (whatever that means in this strip).

3) There's no evidence that she's a Devil Club employee (no Devil Club patrons have ever received much attention).

4) Out of all the Devil Girl "extras," she's AFAIK the only one to display BOMFing power, and she's entirely casual about it.

She's apparently a 100% civilian Devil Girl. She's new and refreshing. Not everything we know about Devil Girls may apply to her.

Ptharien's Flame wrote:
But remember Free Hugs 3? She said her hugs "come with BOMF".

Well, the thing is, there was really no "hug" per se, as far as I could tell. Epic though this strip may be, that was a part of it that didn't entirely meet to my expectations. Wouldn't a "war" of genuine affection have been more groundbreaking? Oh well.

"I'm comforting you!"
"Oh, yeah?! Well, I'm comforting you on a deeper level!"
"You feel good! Say it, mortal boy! Say it!"
"Ha! It's really...uh...whoa...it's you who feels good. Really, really good. Mm...currrrrrrrrrrrves..."
"Uh...hey, did you know that...a Devil Girl's tail is...one of her most...intense erogenous zones...?"
leutchi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynar wrote:
Hey, fresh meat! Wink

Welcome to both you newcomers. Cool

Thanks Maynar - I've been watching the comic for a while and figured that instead of just watching the forums, I may as well join in too Cool

Ronald,
1) Quite true; although she's the first one to attack Slick and successfully 'change' him (if I'm wrong, please say so)
2) Pebbles is an interesting case; agreed.
About 3, could she be a patron of the Devil Club and a member of the 'general' devil population, all living under the rule of our friend in the suit? Anything is possible, I guess.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
I voted for 'Forever Nameless.'
I do not vote for a name because this is not important to me.

Forgive my crankiness, but I'm craving pudding thanks to Yorick.
Yorick wrote:

Stupid not-having-any-pudding. Stupid everything!! Mad
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leutchi wrote:
1) Quite true; although she's the first one to attack Slick and successfully 'change' him (if I'm wrong, please say so)

Correct, but neither Fuchsia nor Blue have really given it a shot. Devil Girls usually don't attack unless provoked (as Seymour has done repeatedly).

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3050
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3862

Which makes it all the more interesting, to me, that this Devil Girl, possibly a free agent, has done so.

Maybe one is actually safer around Devil Girls who work for The Devil? I mean, at least we know that he's given them rules to follow...

Admittedly, we see here http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4142 that even Devil People who don't necessarily work for The Devil still show him a certain level of respect, but then, well, Fuchsia does seem to think that leaving Hell means she won't have to obey The Devil any more, doesn't she? After all, not much point in her running off to start a new life if he can just show up and command her knock it off and get back to Hell where you belong. Hm.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line: Slick got kinda BOMFed, and Minty didn't get bone.

The Hug looked more like a head lock then anything else
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Well, the thing is, there was really no "hug" per se, as far as I could tell. Epic though this strip may be, that was a part of it that didn't entirely meet to my expectations. Wouldn't a "war" of genuine affection have been more groundbreaking? Oh well.

"I'm comforting you!"
"Oh, yeah?! Well, I'm comforting you on a deeper level!"
"You feel good! Say it, mortal boy! Say it!"
"Ha! It's really...uh...whoa...it's you who feels good. Really, really good. Mm...currrrrrrrrrrrves..."
"Uh...hey, did you know that...a Devil Girl's tail is...one of her most...intense erogenous zones...?"

Okay, that made me laugh! I can really see them going at it like that, too; you managed to write both of them in character.

As for the tail...Crim is the only guy who's had a chance to find out. I'd like to think so, myself - and Slick would enjoy getting some Devil Girl tail if not for the complications.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavius Maximus wrote:

Well, plenty of other Devil Girls to hug. Hopefully Slick won't retire his booth, and his next "customer" will accept and return an actual hug. Perhaps Slick might enjoy a perky sample of Lime.

Heck, at this point, even Baby Blue might be depressed enough to accept a hug from her favorite mark. Oh, the irony. The drama. Egad.

Wyvern wrote:
Okay, that made me laugh! I can really see them going at it like that, too; you managed to write both of them in character.

Thanks. It was a fun little moment. Smile
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:

Well, plenty of other Devil Girls to hug. Hopefully Slick won't retire his booth, and his next "customer" will accept and return an actual hug. Perhaps Slick might enjoy a perky sample of Lime.

Here's your sample of lime.

Devil Girl Problems: Clashing horribly with the color scheme of a client's living room while proselytizing for The Church of Mindless Self-Indulgence
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, Minty's possible status as Just Plain Devil Folks (and not a mansion-dwelling Hell employee) would mean that she has to put up with stuff like this every day:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3337

That was an eye-opener for Fuchsia -- which, whether I like it or not, implies that she started out human but was BOMFed into being a Devil Girl and right away brought into The Devil's organization -- but to Minty it might be same-old same-old. And now that Fuchsia's out in The Big Bad World full-time, that's what it'll become to her too. How sobering.
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another another note, Panel 4: Is she wearing a pair of shorts or a scarf? I doubt that even the boldest of 'Nique's midriff-baring outfits have been cut that low.

Not a critique, heaven forbid, just an observation. Wink
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
"Mint" ? what's wrong with you people? Clearly, she is PISTACHIO!

Um no.. pistachio again has more of a yellowy-green tinge. This girl has a blue-toned green colour to her. Mint I can go with, or Jade or Teal (though Teal is typically more blue than she is) even Beryl. Pistachio not. But again it might work for the other green Devil girl.

And Jade can be all sorts of shades you know, if you're going by the stone and not Wikipedia's extremely limited colour pallette. Hell if we're going to go by pallettes then I'll dub her #6AFB92 Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: