Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avatar: The Last Airbender: Legend Of Korra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Elite_Criminy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread!
I used to be a huge avatar fan. Now i'm just a regular anime fan.
I would have to say that if i was from anywhere on avatar, i would be an earthbender. That makes me happy. ^__^
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went two years w/o cable and still might not have it if it weren't for avatar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit tons of videos! My fav: http://blip.tv/crnews/episode-5888051

Here's a bunch more http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/01/15/video-a-new-look-at-avatar-sequel-the-last-airbender-legend-of-korra
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*tap tap* Is this still on?

Reviving this thread for relevance. Excited! About to watch the first two episodes of Korra!*

*which i didn't exactly acquire legally

Huh, fineprint? Nevermind.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGWATCHEDTHEFIRSTTWOLASTSATURDAYAND LUUUUUUUUVED THEM. Very Happy

But seriously, after my group of friends finished the second episode.. we all sat there and were like "Fuuuuuuuuuuck... we have to wait another 2 weeks before we get to see a new episode." v_v

But yes- I love that the humor is up to the same quality as the original series.. and the art style?? So gorgeous! And Pro-Bending League? AWESOME.

Big fan of Korra. She's just the right mix of cocky. And bets on those 2 guys in the Pro-Bending league being grandsons of Sokka and Zuko, anyone?
Lemontree

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna put this here:
http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/05/11/legend-of-korra-star-janet-varney-interview/

Also, ... Goddamn there is already so much awesome art on the internet for this show! Loooove.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per Lemon's request, I'm gonna post here because hey, topical

Can I just say with the recent episode that SHIT JUST GOT REAL?

Because it totally did. And I'm super excited for the ONE HOUR series finale which is going to be awesome because holy shit and this is just the first season. Cannot wait!

And is it just me, but are Michael Demartino and Bryan Konietzko (I probably spelled that wrong, too lazy to check) the only ones able to mix action with flatulence and still make it look not campy? That's a rare gift.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, they've already finished recording voices for the second season..... I wish I hadn't found that out! BECAUSE I WANT TO WATCH IT IMMEDIATELY.

Also, it feels like each of the last three episodes was a continuous stream of "SHIT JUST GOT REAL". I have never gasped and laughed and been so involved in watching a cartoon ever before. (Yes, that goes for MLP even. Razz )

And dear lord I am childish enough to still laugh every time Meeo fartbends! Oh fart jokes.. why u so funny?

And Lin! LIN. LIIIIIIIN. Is she not the most badass woman to ever exist in a cartoon? I mean honestly the whole show is like a competition for who can be the more badasser of badass women.. but still, Lin. Holy fuck, Lin.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture dump:
Best of Friends
Fart jokes are funny.
Momma Toph SMASH
YOLO
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd better have something interesting planned for Iman or I'm going to be pissed, cuz right now he's hella boring as an antagonist.

Perfect, unstoppable villain with terrifying power and a dark past? Everything goes his way and he has NO interesting flaws/inner conflicts/etc to overcome? We know basically nothing about him except that he's dangerous and his final showdown with the protagonist, the culmination of an entire season, is coming up in the next episode? laaaaaaaaaame

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rewatching the first episode and I still grin when those thugs get it handed to them. That was when I knew this show wouldn't disappoint.

Anyway, I think that's Amon. With an A. And I'm hoping he's connected with the previous series, one of the characters, something. Don't think the big reveal of the series antagonist with the ability to REMOVE BENDING would benefit from a complete unknown. But I have faith in the creators. They'll pull through. Also, hearing Dante Basco again sort of cemented this series as return to form, no?

I swear I'm usually not this giddy. I guess the show just brings it out of me.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire benders get a bad rap. Mako and Bolin's parents were killed by a fire bender mugger, and Amon's parents were killed by a fire bender gangster? What, no earth bending crimes?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's Amon. It seems that he is so thoroughly uninteresting that I have failed to type his name correctly.

He probably has some kind of direct relation to the Avatar, seeing as his power is something usually reserved specifically for the Avatar.
Dogen wrote:
Fire benders get a bad rap. Mako and Bolin's parents were killed by a fire bender mugger, and Amon's parents were killed by a fire bender gangster? What, no earth bending crimes?

Even fewer air-bending crimes. As for waterbending crimes, there's always bloodbending, but of course Amon can push right through that without the slightest trouble.

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, Asami is Amon, and is not at the same time, at least that's my theory. Any person can wear a mask and learn a technique, so "Amon" is nothing more than the symbol to unite the equalists. That's why Amon appears to have no personality, because "he" doesn't. "He's" like the Dread Pirate Roberts.

Asami is sticking close to Korra to make sure that Korra fully becomes the Avatar. Then and only then will she reveal herself and her ambition to totally and completely crush the Avatar. Amon already said way back in the beginning that the Korra could be taken out at any time.

As for pushing through the blood bending, there's plenty of explanations, most likely being either A) the Amon being a blood bender as well or B) having prosthetic limbs or C) using some kind of chi technique to counter the bending.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would make sense for multiple people to be playing the role of Amon, yeah, if he didn't show precisely the same prowess at every encounter.

Asami's been shown to care about things that she probably wouldn't be concerned with if she were indeed Amon, but it could be an act, I suppose.

edit: Omfg now I'm writing "Asami" as "Isami." I clearly have issues with the capital "A"

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/asami-is-amon

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: