Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-05-31: Feminist Senses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
But you think errors in logic are immoral? That's odd. Hm.
Uh... The word wrong has several different definitions, you realize, surely?
Hypocrisy -I think- is immoral.

Additionally, I could make a long winded post about why I feel that contradictions are immoral, but it would contain a lot of unsupported assumptions on my part about the nature of the universe and humanity, and I don't expect anyone would find it all that interesting; but, to answer the question:

Yes.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to argue that an honest mistake is in no way immoral, even if the mistake itself is evil, as you say.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, there. I might agree with you if you clarified.
But I'll be taking a week long break from the internet now, and might not see any response you make, so don't bother writing anything too lengthy for my sake, no Wink
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Which argument?

Oh look 20 pages worth of strips with people bickering back and forth about moral issues.

...Yep, no argument whatsoever.

Seriously who are you trying to convince?

Lich Mong wrote:
You see, there is one thing I really do hold as evil, and that is contraction, inconstancy. If you contradict yourself you are objectively WRONG. There is no other word for it.

...Ok I am not going to go and pick aside the parts where you contradict yourself, mostly because this thread is fucking long, but partially because I believe both Dogen and mouse did it in the past with more expertise than I can put on it... And I will not comment on your moral weirdness on that sentence because HR is already doing that.
Mr. North by Northwest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:

Additionally, I could make a long winded post about why I feel that contradictions are immoral, but it would contain a lot of unsupported assumptions on my part about the nature of the universe and humanity...

Curiosity: are you shooting for a Kantian ethical framework here? Principle of non-contradiction?

---

Sadly, I'm sans churros at the moment. I'd like to take a second and give much respect to all of the posters in this thread taking the time to write out some pretty provocative thought (Shadow, Sam, Rants, I'm looking at you among others). I'm a typical duct-tape bandaid, meat-eating, mansplaining, rip-fishhook-out-of-hand-with-teeth type, and reading the exchanges here has given me a lot of pause. One doesn't think about how they objectify folks; fitting them into easy-peasy little categorical boxes that's the day-to-day. Hell, one gets programmed that way, you know? I have been thinking about it, and that wouldn't have come about without Tat pitching it and you folks batting it back and forth.

I ain't got the churro, but I do have the gratitude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: