welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Woooo Spooky Sinfest Ghost Story Camp Fire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yorick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
holy shit I hate those ghost shows

While I believe in the supernatural due to my experiences, I am pretty sure those ghost hunters shows are all hokum. Especially when they put up subtitles for the unintelligible electronic noise as if it's supposed to actually be words.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
Lasairfiona wrote:
holy shit I hate those ghost shows

While I believe in the supernatural due to my experiences, I am pretty sure those ghost hunters shows are all hokum. Especially when they put up subtitles for the unintelligible electronic noise as if it's supposed to actually be words.

*sound that can only be described as a muted breath*

Host: See there, it clearly says "help me" in what sounds like a panicked child's voice.
Owner: Oh yeah, I can hear it now. I hear that a lot actually.

"Oh my god, did you hear the foot steps?"

There was a show on once, I think it was destination truth, that was a lot more fun since it wasn't just ghost things. But they had one time where they were in some secluded village in indonesia, a guy was in a hut in pitch black doing one of those solo ask the ghost question things. The people outside heard something and ran off to investigate leaving the dude behind in the hut. At one point he just says "Whats going on out there? *sigh* I'm done with this" For some reason it struck me as super hilarious.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birds, mice and several rodents (up to things the size of weasels) live in your house with you. Even if you're a city type. And if it's really really quiet the sensitivity of your ears go up.
It's a miracle we get any sleep at all.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get over how much I like this thread.

I feel like I'm obligated to represent ghosts that aren't assholes, though!

Okay, so this is a Bowling Green ghost. I don't know what the name of their theatre was, sadly, but it was a really weird space. Like, there was this narrow stage with very little wing room (just doors that lead to 'back stage') and where the audience sat had these super narrow windows up near the very top of the walls that looked into (of all places) the floor of one of the costume storage rooms. So, you know, if you weren't careful and you were wondering around costume storage with the lights on during a show everybody would see your feet. Very very odd design.

Well anyway, Bowling Green had this really nice janitor. His uniform involved a brown pair of dress pants and he always wore brown shoes with it. He was a pretty old fellow, and very set in the ways of chivalry. When girls would work late and have to walk to their cars or their dorms he would accompany them for safety. Everybody said he was a total sweetheart and of course they were all sad to hear when he passed away of old age.

Apparently he never got over his protective streak, though. He continues to follow women and protect them from men he deems threatning, which, as far as I understand, is pretty much all men. The women he follows never know he is there, but men will often hear two sets of footsteps when encountering a woman who is alone. One girl was working in costume storage late at night and a friend of hers was in the theatre waiting for her to finish up. He looked up and saw not only her feet, but the brown trousers and shoes of her silent protector.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahaha

wait so she was IN A ROOM FULL OF COSTUMES and this guy glances at her and sees NOT JUST HER BUT ALSO A PAIR OF PANTS

that is genius
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Birds, mice and several rodents (up to things the size of weasels) live in your house with you. Even if you're a city type. And if it's really really quiet the sensitivity of your ears go up.

You know that sound that you can hear when a TV is on, but set to a blank AV channel? That really high pitched buzzing that can be heard through the house? It's a very unsettling noise.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am enjoying this thread though Smile

Two of my favourite ghost stories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJT0630ROw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLMYtgAV8l8
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Michael wrote:

You know that sound that you can hear when a TV is on, but set to a blank AV channel? That really high pitched buzzing that can be heard through the house? It's a very unsettling noise.

That one gets worse with older tvs. If you have a few of those tiny little blue screens security people used to use it gets crazy. Sometimes if you switch a crt screen ff the sound drops in pitch and you "hear" it go from a tingly headache thing to an audible sound, it's really weird.

Near where I grew up there's a little transformer house that emits a high pitched sound you can hear for meters around it. I used to cycle by there to check if my hearing was still ok since no grown ups seemed to hear it :p
(I now feel like going there again but I'm too scared of what I might find...)
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
hahahahaha

wait so she was IN A ROOM FULL OF COSTUMES and this guy glances at her and sees NOT JUST HER BUT ALSO A PAIR OF PANTS

that is genius

They were walking with her, chuckles.

Or so the story goes.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Racoons? In Wigan? Hmmm ... Wink

hey, they're taking over japan! wigan could easily be on their list.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
ANYway, the house I grew up in had some sort of electrical ghost. In the sense that electrical devices sometimes acted funny. Like a flashlight turning itself on. when there were no batteries in it. or an old flourescent lamp that would try to turn itself on (one had to push very hard and for about a minute on the button to start it). or the tape recorder that would eat batteries and "hiss" like it was on, when it wasn't on.

My sister claims to have an occasional disruptive effect on electric lights and devices. She says she has been going down the highway before and streetlights have gone out as she's gotten to them and relit after the car passed by. She says one time at a ballgame she was near the concession stand in cloudy weather and people started backing away from her because her hair was standing up. I am unconvinced though.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
She says she has been going down the highway before and streetlights have gone out as she's gotten to them and relit after the car passed by.

This doesn't happen to everyone? (I'm not being facetious, I honestly thought this was normal.)
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More often then I admit.
Lemontree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
The funny thing is I think it was DeD that posted that story about the boy who ended up outside of his house after he'd been "sleepwalking." Talk about nightmare fuel. Never reading that story again. *shudder* I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

Where? I think I missed that one.
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The house I grew up in had been around since the mid 1800's. Go New England for having very old construction. Anyways, we lived on a main road and had a steep rise in the land at the front of our yard. We learned a few years after purchasing the house that the previous owner had become a shut in after witnessing her husband get hit by a car who bounced up the hill and into the lawn. Apparently she went a little nutters and lived only in the attic until she finally passed after almost 40 years living in 2 rooms on the third floor. For the entire time we lived there we would occasionally here soft foot steps in the attic. When no one was up there, late at night. It never stopped for as long as I lived there.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: