welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THIS IS A POLITICAL THREAD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: THIS IS A POLITICAL THREAD Reply with quote

...not that i've had time to read the paper or anything, what with trying to catch up on _two_ forums and now with multiple mini-forums...

but someone said we should have one.

so....um............how 'bout those politics, eh?
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suxors, yeah?
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am furious with the current United States government due to a new scandal linked here and quoted here:

Quote:
SCANDAL!!!!
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha - your pm "steve" is a suckup
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang, that was quick.....you all are such _hotheads_.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not my fault he got in... Fucking idiot sheeples and corrupt liberals... "Oh noes! The Liberal party has screwed us over again! Perhaps THIS TIME when we vote in the Conservative party they will not suck! Certainly ANYTHING is better than the corrupt Liberals, and there are simply no other choices than these two parties!"
Atlantean Relic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back the Mooseheads
Dinosaursareback!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must make a loud and decidedly horrid claim against the current trend of government with their face washing politics.

those damn face washers, with their constant face washing, it makes me sick.
Some Guy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT THE HELL IS CONGRESS THINKING!?!?

Even I know that's retarded!
-!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERYBODY STOP POSTING now I CANT TAKE THIS MUCH HOW THE FUCK AM I EVER SUPPOSED TO READ ALL THIS SHIT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

*hufs*

*pufs*
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote of the day:

“I find it difficult for us to buy in to the notion that let’s just trust the president’s judgment,’’ Mr. Biden said. “God love him, his judgment has been terrible.’’
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something for you:

Today:
Quote:
The Bush administration, called to account by Congress after the Supreme Court blocked military tribunals, said Tuesday that all detainees held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and in all other U.S. military custody around the world are entitled to protections under the Geneva Conventions.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said the policy, outlined in a new Defense Department memo, reflects the recent 5-3 Supreme Court decision blocking military tribunals set up by President Bush. That decision struck down the tribunals because they did not obey international law and had not been authorized by Congress.

"It's not really a reversal of policy," Snow asserted, calling the Supreme Court decision "complex."

June 9, 2004:
Quote:
A classified report prepared more than a year ago for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld contends the U.S. government's detention of al Qaeda and Taliban members is not bound by the Geneva Conventions regarding the use of torture.

The report states that while the United States ratified the 1994 Convention Against Torture, it did so "with a variety of reservations and understandings."

One of those reservations stipulates "the United States has maintained consistently that the covenant does not apply outside the United States or its special maritime and territorial jurisdiction, and that it does not apply to operations of the military during an international armed conflict."

It concludes "that customary international law cannot bind the executive branch under the Constitution, because it is not federal law" and that "under clear Supreme Court precedent, any presidential decision in the current conflict concerning the detention and trial of al Qaeda or Taliban militia prisoners would constitute a 'controlling' executive act that would immediately and completely override any customary international law."

In short, the study found that ultimate power on the treatment of enemy combatants rested with President Bush because "in order to respect the president's inherent constitutional authority to manage a military campaign, (the prohibition against torture) must be construed as inapplicable to interrogations undertaken pursuant to his (authority as) commander-in-chief."

Referring to detainees held at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, it stated, "The U.S. criminal laws do not apply to acts committed there by virtue of (Guantanamo's) status as within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction" and that "aliens held (at Guantanamo) do not have constitutional rights under the Fifth Amendment of due process."

timmccloud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This administration can be summed up in one phrase:
"Administration by Hypocrisy"

I've already written to my congressmen and senators to Impeach the bastard. And my senator is Russ Fiengold, if he won't do it, nobody will.

At least until the dem's take back congress in the midterms.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmccloud wrote:
I've already written to my congressmen and senators to Impeach the bastard. And my senator is Russ Fiengold, if he won't do it, nobody will.

Puh!
My senator is Chuck Norris
nathan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmccloud wrote:
At least until the dem's take back congress in the midterms.

Don't count your chickens just yet. The voting populace has remarkably short memories and predictably volatile gut reactions.

On another note, does anybody know if Diebolds are in use again this year?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: