welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-07-03 Relapse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kylra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Why? Why not.

The question is, "Why choose any path or not path at all?" Why even choose "why not"?
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylra wrote:
The question is, "Why choose any path or not path at all?" Why even choose "why not"?
Why not? Why.
Why? Why not.

Look, I know all about the Münchhausen Trilemma, alright?
Kylra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Kylra wrote:
Why not? Why.
Why? Why not.

Look, I know all about the Münchhausen Trilemma, alright?

The Munchhausen Trilemma applies to logic, not really choice and morality as it is in Existentialism. Why have you chosen to be who you are, and are you happy with your arbitrarily chosen reasoning?
Demetirus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Demetirus wrote:
Ah, I love the Fyoosh and Crim stories. I like watching them grow together.

I'd like it even better if Tat wasn't totally ignoring the question of whether or not Fuchsia got the job in the coffee shop which she applied for. We'll never know one way or the other unless he tells us.

After all, the strip doesn't follow Fuchsia around 24/7, any more than it follows any other character 24/7. We have no way of knowing what sort of wacky hijinks any of them get into when we're not looking.

Heck, for all we know, Fuchsia owns the coffee shop by now. Unlikely, yes, but still.

I'm confident that we'll get back to those story threads in time. I'll be looking forward to it. ^^

Ronald wrote:

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I'd prefer for the strip to focus on Mint, Lime, and other newer Devil Girls.

That'd be nice too. I'm interested in seeing how they could impact the story.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylra wrote:
The Munchhausen Trilemma applies to logic, not really choice and morality as it is in Existentialism.
I see you really don't understand it, in that case.
Kylra wrote:
Why have you chosen to be who you are, and are you happy with your arbitrarily chosen reasoning?
A thing is what a thing is. Nothing can be what it is not.
But, if your talking about the future, I just do the same anyone does: The best I can with what I have.

Additionally, you're barking up the wrong tree with most of this, I'm something of a hard incompatibilist.
Kylra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Additionally, you're barking up the wrong tree with most of this, I'm something of a hard incompatibilist.

What a coincidence, me too! That doesn't mean you don't have a choice though.
daveshan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Demetirus wrote:
Ah, I love the Fyoosh and Crim stories. I like watching them grow together.

I'd like it even better if Tat wasn't totally ignoring the question of whether or not Fuchsia got the job in the coffee shop which she applied for. We'll never know one way or the other unless he tells us.

After all, the strip doesn't follow Fuchsia around 24/7, any more than it follows any other character 24/7. We have no way of knowing what sort of wacky hijinks any of them get into when we're not looking.

Heck, for all we know, Fuchsia owns the coffee shop by now. Unlikely, yes, but still.

Wrong! She has used her powers of Hell for good and transformed that sweet old lady back into a young woman.

That former sweet old lady then met a young, alcoholic, millionaire playboy who was on the brink of an arranged marriage to a wealthy, single woman. She also met an Iowa corn farmer with an Oscar-winning wife and paranoid, delusional tendencies. And, together, the three of them fight illegal narcotics and crime lords in the mean streets of L.A.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kylra wrote:
Lich Mong wrote:

What a coincidence, me too! That doesn't mean you don't have a choice though.
lul, wut? No, that's exactly what it means.

I'm pretty sure its clear at this point you really have no idea what your talking about. I could make up terms to test that theory, but don't have the will, free or otherwise.
Kylra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E: Probably better not to go on for now. Ignore this post!
Motorcycle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wanting to make something clear: I love the Crimnee/Fuscia arc. To me it has become the best part of the strip. I made the previous post because I just wanted to take a step back & point something out.

I also find it amusing that Crimnee, just by being himself & not actively seeking to, has done more that has beaten the Devil than Glossy & company that are opposing Big D actively. Come to think of it he has more succes than Jesus in the strip in a way. True Jesus beats the Devil in 1v1 fights & even team sports, but HE hasn't done anything that has lasted long term. His turning the devil girls always got negated. Due to Crim the Devil has lost one of his best & most trusted Devil girls, another is no longer as loyal, lost a powerful tome, had a dezin of hell escape, a coward oppose him, & even Hell invaded. All because Crimnee was nice to the scary sexy lady that came to talk to him.
wobster109

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked old Fuchsia, the one who danced through fields singing while chasing butterflies, and was sweet without being all angsty-sad about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: