welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 16: Not punished enough
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, Seymour, maybe you're being punished for being clumsy.
Adyon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
Holocauxt wrote:
So be it. Lemme share my philosophy on religion.

There are three kinds of religious persons in the world:

- The modest: follows his religion's teachings as liberally as possible. Doesn't impose his beliefs unto other people and respects other belief systems. May go to his place of worship sometimes, but in reality does not feel the need to do so.

- The charismatic: outspoken about his religion, but does not force it when people don't want to. Goes to his place of worship frequently.

- The fanatic/zealot: follows his religion's teachings by the letter. Will preach about it if given any opportunity to do so. Everything else that goes against his belief system is a sin directly against him.

Religious Breakdown, these days:

Zealots: 90%, The world has been whipped into a frenzy believing divine intervention regarding everything from plagues to peanut butter.

Charismatic: 9%, busy trying to hold real religious practices together while zealots create more agnostics by the day.

Modest: 1%, wondering what the big deal is with religion anyway.

Sometimes it's a good thing to be the 1%.

It would probably actually read more Zealots 5-10%, and about a 50/50 split between Charismatic and Modest people.

Zealots give everyone a bad name, and believe me there's a lot fewer of them than you think. But they're so vocal they get the Charismatic to join in sometimes. And either way, since they're the vocal ones, that's what people associate with the religion. Catholics is the easiest example, because many of its fanatics get recognized all the time, even if some of the Priests, etc are more modest and would be considered Charismatics by this list.

And when the charismatics happen to mention their love of their faith, everyone just takes what they know about the fanatics and decides ALL those people have to be extreme as well. Then people just yell at them about how stupid/evil they are. So more Zealots are created that way sometimes when people begin to think the non-religious are all just being assholes to them. It's especially bad on the internet.

But it all comes down to people hating on one another, pushing each other to bigger extremes. Some people can start out happily passionate about things, but when they see people ready with torch and pitchfork, they assume they have to get more defensive. It's just human nature.

But all this IS funny. Like Yinello said, we have more people on here willing to recognize that there are different levels of devotion in religion, but not in things like feminism. Not that this is normal of course, as much as particular to this thread. Most people are happy to label everyone of faith a Fanatic/Zealot instead of admit some people are different.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> builds impassible wall around trans state
> finishes
> walks off with sense of accomplishment
> finds out he's on the wrong side of the fence

Comedy gold.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
But all this IS funny. Like Yinello said, we have more people on here willing to recognize that there are different levels of devotion in religion, but not in things like feminism.

But I do, honestly. I stratify everything in life. I just don't want to talk about it because of all the shitstorms brewin' lately.

for Internet arguments, I follow this:

Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: