welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8/8 traumatized
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: 8/8 traumatized Reply with quote

you'd think she'd have seen this stuff before. is she new or what?
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe she was hired in the Temptation department of Evil, Inc., and only recently transferred to corporate HQ, so she probably never saw the Torment department before.
leutchi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She clearly didn't read her employment contract for the provisions of being redeployed in a different division of Evil Corp - or even of what her job description was. It's all in the fine print, you know!

(I can't remember, does she have a name yet?)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - There is actually no proof that she actually has ANY sort of job of which to speak at the devil mansion. We haven't seen her torturing nor tempting any souls at all, and there haven't actually been any signs that she's been given a job at all. So far, all we know that she sits around and looks pretty for D-man, as his eye-candy, and that she was previously a performer at the devil club. Which she doesn't seem to be anymore. So she doesn't actually appear to be actually employed at all. So, uh. No. D-man hasn't put her to work yet, she is in fact established as a newbie, and he lets her do as she pleases for the most part.

2 - She does not have any sort of canonical name of which to speak, and everyone seems to be torn on what to call her. I want to call her Harlequin, quite a few want her to be called Lime, there's at least one or two people who want her to be called Fern... Then there's my best friend who wants her to be called Clover. Basically, whatever floats your boat is a-OK it seems.

Next question?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Miss M
1 - True; fair point.
2 - Cheers; been away for a bit and had forgotten.

No more Q's Smile
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't her neck grow? That's not how you NOPE.jpeg
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how long it takes for her to realize this may not have been her dream job. :3
merest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By far my least favourite character - a sort of devil Mary Sue. Still, I hope to be surprised eventually.
Vancore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap she's opened the door to the sinfest forums, Close it!!! Close it quick least one of us jumps out and debates horrible complex philosophy on you.

Actually its coo, we just want to name ya.

Wait, where did ya go!!!

Arrrrggggghhhh!!!!
Wheel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I like this one best. She's an agent of Chaos. If this were a D&D game she would be chaotic-good. She read the book and left it laying around. She didn't dispose of the fluttereyes like she was told to. She's just quietly sowing mayhem where ever she goes.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel wrote:
She's an agent of Chaos. If this were a D&D game she would be chaotic-good.
I'm not comfortable with that. She is a demon; demons can't be chaotic-good... Well, maybe "can't" is too much of an all-encompassing statement.

What I mean is Fuchsia is TRYING very hard to be good and failing at it. I really don't like the idea that this demon girl can just, you know -like- BE good just because she is "air-headed" or "innocent" or whatever. She is a succubus for christ's sake.

Fuchsia's character slowly changed. She WORKED at being good, had long pauses and self reflection over many years before she finally broke away and -even now- is still unable to fully embrace being good. This tart just is -what- too stupid to be evil or something?

I mean, maybe I am making too much of this. It just always pissed me off that Vegeta tried so fucking hard to be the best and Kakarot basically just fell into being awesome.
Demetirus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Wheel wrote:
I'm not comfortable with that. She is a demon; demons can't be chaotic-good... Well, maybe "can't" is too much of an all-encompassing statement.

What I mean is Fuchsia is TRYING very hard to be good and failing at it. I really don't like the idea that this demon girl can just, you know -like- BE good just because she is "air-headed" or "innocent" or whatever. She is a succubus for christ's sake.

Fuchsia's character slowly changed. She WORKED at being good, had long pauses and self reflection over many years before she finally broke away and -even now- is still unable to fully embrace being good. This tart just is -what- too stupid to be evil or something?

I mean, maybe I am making too much of this. It just always pissed me off that Vegeta tried so fucking hard to be the best and Kakarot basically just fell into being awesome.

... I don't know why, but upon reading this all I could think of was: "... now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb. " -Dark Helmet.
Wheel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

If you're not comfortable with that then maybe you can look at it like this:
She's definitely chaotic.
She's just doing things randomly to her surroundings, which happens to be Big D's house, that are upsetting the tranquility.
I suppose she could be chaotic-neutral but appearing to do good because of where she's introducing disorder.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel wrote:
If you're not comfortable with that then maybe you can look at it like this:
She's definitely chaotic.
She's just doing things randomly to her surroundings, which happens to be Big D's house, that are upsetting the tranquility.
I suppose she could be chaotic-neutral but appearing to do good because of where she's introducing disorder.

I agree with your assessment of her alignment. That's not the bit I have a bone with.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:

I don't see why she can't just be randomly good. I mean, like every other devil girl, she wasn't always a devil girl at all. Not to mention... she hasn't really been established as being EVIL at all. Neither has any other devil girl that doesn't work for D-man. She's in association with someone who IS certainly evil by all accounts, but that's kind of because when you think about it she really doesn't have a choice in the matter at all. And neither does any other devil girl. Or human girls, for that matter. He can bomf them as he sees fit, he can just randomly pick them up and employ them, and boss pretty much everyone around at random.

Since bomfing releases any sort of inner evil you have in you - supposedly, according to Blue - if you don't have any actual evil except being lusty to any degree - which is one of the deadly sins, and the only sort of vice she's shown so far, kind of comes with being basically a stripper in a devil club, I'm sure - then that's all you're going to be as a devil girl. A lusty little devil girl who is kind of left in the dark about most things happening to other residents of Devil Mansion.

Fuchsia is having difficulties with becoming truly good because to her - being evil was not only her job, but her identity. She incorporated being evil into who she was, and she was evil for years. She did evil things for years. She clung to being evil for so long, and made it apart of who she was, because supposedly it helped hide away any sort of insecurities about herself that she supposedly had. So it's natural that after working evil into everything about herself, she's going to have difficulties tearing it away from everything about herself too. Meanwhile, someone who was never actually evil, nor adopted evil into being who they are, so far, wouldn't... actually... be evil.

For Fuchsia, it's a struggle because she let evil become who she is. For Harlequin here, it's no such issue because she didn't. Any more questions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: