welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aug. 10: Wha...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, if she's blonde, I guess she's not any version of Mint after all. Never mind that part, then.

(Human women with green hair have been seen in the strip before.)
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Nique with her Kreeptonite when you need it?
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, everyone ignores the implication that Kcils has left the Mirror Universe and is roaming free in the "real" world. He doesn't typically do that, so far as I recall.
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Meanwhile, everyone ignores the implication that Kcils has left the Mirror Universe and is roaming free in the "real" world. He doesn't typically do that, so far as I recall.

Well, like I said, I initially presumed today's strip wasn't SET in the "real" world. I could still be right about that. No way to tell as of yet.
Vancore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly Devil Slick, that's what imagination is for.

If this is Odd world, wouldn't the devilgirls be normal ones here?
Wheel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really kind of at a loss as to where this one is going.
Is evil Slick able to operate on both sides of the mirror now? His typing isn't backwards, so he's out at the same time as Slick and on the same side of the mirror? Could he and Slick meet sometime? Would Slick even recognize him?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Wait, if she's blonde, I guess she's not any version of Mint after all. Never mind that part, then.

Not automatically. Remember, strawberry blondes and redheads have pink hair when bomfed, and supposedly HarleLimeFern was a blonde before being bomfed...

Ronald wrote:
(Human women with green hair have been seen in the strip before.)

(There is no way to prove that is their natural hair-color or not.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
joandark wrote:
masturbating to = objectifying? That is what you're saying, isn't it? If so, is it true in all cases? I just mean to understand.
I am saying that seems to be -in some cases- the opinion of some people on this forum.

I -honestly- am unsure what my own opinion on the matter is. I feel I am too bias to form a reasonable answer to this moral question, so I am withholding judgment until I see more arguments for and against.

Often when discussing the matter with my friends or on the Internet we have run into the problem that people seem to have vastly different views about what objectification actually is and isn't. Some feel that thinking of someone else in a sexual way at all is objectifying them, whereas some people's views seem to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Personally I find it very important that we make a distinction between fantasizing about someone, and regarding that someone only as a object for other people's sexual gratification.

Everyone has a right to their dreams, thought and fantasies, there isn't (and shouldn't ever be) any thought-police who can peek into someone's head and say "Hey, you are not authorized to use those images that way!" It's perfectly understandable that when people see someone they find attractive, they may want to imagine having sex with them.

Problem comes when people forget basic human decency, and start thinking of people they find attractive as nothing more than a set of sexy body parts. And conversely, when people think that someone they don't find attractive must therefore be completely worthless. Measuring other persons personal worth solely by how sexually appealing you find them is really quite disgusting.

Though even then one must make a distinction between only focusing on one aspect of a person (in this case, their sexual appeal), and actually thinking that one aspect of them is all that person is. If two people meet at a bar, find each other sexually attractive but otherwise incompatible, and then go have sex with full knowledge that sex is all they want of each other, that perfectly fine. They may have focused only on each others sex appeal, but both can still acknowledge the other as a perfectly nice and valued human being even without that sexual attraction.

Example of the latter kind of thinking would be a man who only attempts to befriend women to get sex from them, and if they don't warm to his advances, he cuts all contact with them thinking to himself "These stupid bitches, they are completely useless if they refuse to give me the one thing I want from them!" This guy would obviously be an asshole of the highest order, and unfortunately there's quite a few of guys like these in the world...

So to conclude my overly long rambling, if Mr John Doe one day finds a picture of a woman he finds very attractive on the Google Image Search, starts imagining what it would be like to have sex with said women, and decides to pleasure himself while thinking of this fantasy:

- it's perfectly fine if he thinks to himself "Ah, what a lovely lady she must be. How nice it would be to have mutually satisfying sexual relations with her, or perhaps even a long and happy relationship! Truly, what a splendid fantasy this is!" Or even if he just masturbates to her picture without thinking anything other than her appearance, it's still fine if he still somewhere in the back of his mind acknowledges she is an actual equally valued human being.

- if Mr John Doe instead thinks "Look at this sexy slut! She is such a worthless whore, I bet there's nothing going on in that empty bimbo head of hers! I wish she was here so I could show her how a real man takes his woman..." it would be pretty clear that Mr John Doe happened to be an especially vile and horrible person. Unfortunately, these kinds of people exist as well, really depressing really...

And on more thing to add: When I say there's absolutely nothing wrong with people thinking sexual thoughts about other people and fantasizing, I mean as long as people can keep their fantasies to themselves, and not go tell some poor woman (or man) about their fantasies that the other person might really not want to hear. Also it's pretty rude to stare at someone for so long that you start to drool...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: