welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-06: Made with love and care.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The package has cupcakes and stuff in it. It has already established in canon that packages from Granny contain baked goods.

I love the idea of Glossy being Granny's legitimate granddaughter a lot, though... it's super cute. It fits well with my headcanon that Glossy is Gay Guy's little sister. As unlikely as it may be, I just find it frickin' adorable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty cute.

One of these days Granny will have to put on the dark shades.
joandark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
I love the idea of Glossy being Granny's legitimate granddaughter a lot, though... it's super cute. It fits well with my headcanon that Glossy is Gay Guy's little sister. As unlikely as it may be, I just find it frickin' adorable.

Hey, that would be pretty convenient for Tat if he wanted to tie in a gay rights message to the feminist one. Those movements are pretty compatible as is, but giving Glossy and Gay such an excuse to hang out could help work it into the story.

And since we know from the Trans-Seymore strip that he looks at your fanart, all you have to do is one family-all-together pic to give him the idea. Not that I doubt you might already have been thinking of drawing that Wink
Ember778

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joandark wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

Hey, that would be pretty convenient for Tat if he wanted to tie in a gay rights message to the feminist one. Those movements are pretty compatible as is, but giving Glossy and Gay such an excuse to hang out could help work it into the story.

And since we know from the Trans-Seymore strip that he looks at your fanart, all you have to do is one family-all-together pic to give him the idea. Not that I doubt you might already have been thinking of drawing that Wink

Now gay rights is something I can get behind. There isn't a single reason gays should be restricted rights based on their sexuality. No one suffers from gays being able to marry and be treated fairly.

You don't want to be gay? Then don't freaking be gay. Simple as that. I'm not gay, but I have no problem with the gay community. A gay person has never tried to force me to be gay. Why should we try and force them to be heterosexual?

That's just hate.

Personally I wish Tat would do more on that than feminism.
Adyon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with you...And Tat can definitely do that. It won't be able to affect as many characters as the feminism arc does, as there's so many ways inequality of genders affects EVERYONE. So I think he'd have to run another side-note, which he might. But feminist ideology affects everyone here and creates a ton of plot for him to build on, which is why he probably went so deep into it. It's so intertwined into his strip, he found it a perfect plot to follow and dissect his universe. It'd been impossible to have quite this massive of a plot around gay rights.

But yeah, still on board with seeing that. Especially with all the hype that recently got brought up about gay rights again with Chik-Fil-A.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joandark wrote:

Plus there is the fact that they're both... blond, wear orangey-yellow themed clothes... she even looks exactly like him with her hair down in her day in the life strip. It's a tad bit of an uncanny similarity.

joandark wrote:
And since we know from the Trans-Seymore strip that he looks at your fanart, all you have to do is one family-all-together pic to give him the idea. Not that I doubt you might already have been thinking of drawing that :wink:

Alright. You had to open your mouth and provoke me, didn't you? Well, so it shall be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the art is great, but the yellow on yellow word balloons are sort of unreadable.
Hal Abaren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I am okay with the feminist story line in full as my only complain has been rectified granny's smiles show at least one of them can show emotions and be professional
joandark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoho, awesome, Magenta fulfilled my request. Wasn't actually sure that would happen. I just came back to this thread to see if anyone had made a Hulk joke yet. Glossy smash patriarchy!
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering a lot of feminists are also fighting for gay rights, I could totally dig this.
fanboy2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Sinfest Parallel Universe!! Reply with quote

Hey!! I thought that was a nice storyline mouse suggested and Miss Magenta drew! Maybe we could have a sinfest parallel universe where all of us give ideas and Miss Magenta fleshes them out!! Wouldn't that be amazing?

We could explore ideas like.........

Can't think of anything fantafabulous as of now, so will rest with this idea for now. Smile
Halen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Miss Magenta. Very cute Smile
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too adorable, I CAN'T TAKE IT
Homeslice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice drawings Miss M.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magenta's art: It's like looking at a picture painted with lemon pulp and sunsets. I can almost smell the cookies. I don't want the vase to break.
(The Matrix)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: