welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checking in, checking out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
your daddy so fat
iskandar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmptyOnion wrote:

I think I like all of the points but one.. is it really no longer important what is "inherited?"
I think no matter how much progress is made, the whole "time and energy" is something that we as people also inherit, while the parents are still alive.

Even if the school system was free, even if the college was free (Both, not so much, which make finances a big part of raising a kid), it is still important how much "love and care" the parents put into the kids, at least.. I would think so for the emotional well being of the kids.

Ps. Your dad's so ... yeah, I just can't think of a good one.

Your dad's so desperate for sex, he even banged your mom. BOOM! Both parents at the same time.

As for time and energy, yeah you have a point there, but time and energy is more a factor of the people raising you than anything else. I am speaking about property like farms, or noble titles, stuff where who your parents are (in the what their position in society is) really matters. Two bastards who get married and have kids can invest just as much time and energy into a kid as two people from noble families, however they can't pass down the family titles or ancient land holdings (which, especially as a farmer was critical, the key way the english dominated the irish was by forcing them to allow every child to inherit equally, making sure no one had enough land to have real surplus). This was one of the reasons why cities have always been more liberal in sexual matters than the country. In the city, you can expand your property without taking it from someone else. In most feudal societies however, all the property was gone so you either had to gank someone else or inherit it, thus the root of a lot of the societal complex we have around women's sexuality, a woman sleeping around was a shit ton more dangerous to the family than a man doing the same.
Ambaryerno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iskandar:

The practice of distributing property to all sons equally is a very old practice. The Merovingians especially followed this type of inheritance in the early Middle Ages and is part of what led to the breakup of Charlemagne's empire, and eventually the collapse of the Merovingian dynasty itself.

Oh, and it got a lot more fun when bastards start getting legitimized....
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I set aside the time to read this thread.
iskandar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambaryerno wrote:
Iskandar:

The practice of distributing property to all sons equally is a very old practice. The Merovingians especially followed this type of inheritance in the early Middle Ages and is part of what led to the breakup of Charlemagne's empire, and eventually the collapse of the Merovingian dynasty itself.

Oh, and it got a lot more fun when bastards start getting legitimized....

It was also practiced among the iranian and turkoman dynasties resulting in empires that existed for maybe two generations before collapsing into civil war. which is why the ottomans stopped it and replaced it with one brother inherits and then murders all his siblings. On the other side of europe, the feudal states did the same thing. There is a reason equal inheritance was stopped, it always lead to internal strife and collapse, which is why the english reinstated it for the irish.

Or try to legitimize themselves: nature thou art my goddess and to your laws my soul is bound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: