Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enough Ponies Already
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psuliin wrote:
Quote:
hahaha by that standard THIS thread poses a significant threat, too

Yes, the first one was so scary that it spawned new threads to deal with it. I'm impressed, truly.

Whatever helps you feel good about yourself. It's easy to tell people they're threatened, look: you're threatened by our mocking of you, and felt the need to come back and defend it. Oh snap! Now everyone's under threat! Maybe we should go hide in the bomb shelter. Quick, build a bomb shelter so we can hide in it! Shit, why didn't we prepare for this sort of thing, if a random nobody can post a comment saying "I don't like the comic anymore" and it will so obviously drive us to flee!?

No, seriously, you overestimate your value to us. No one cares what you think, so they just brightened up an otherwise redundant and useless thread. But good job with your self-esteem. With a sense of self-importance like that I bet you kill at contract negotiations. Have you thought of going on the Apprentice?
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psuliin wrote:

As the thread evolved it acquired a sort of fascination. I started wondering just how many pages could be filled up with pictures of ponies and repetitions of "dudebro" rather than actually addressing the topic.

just out of curiosity - how, exactly, did you expect us to "address the topic"?

there was already a thread full of people objecting to the feminist storyline, and other people defending it. did you expect us to repeat all the same arguments in another thread, just for you?

did you expect that, because _you_ posted disagreement, that we would suddenly all realize that, yes, indeed, the feminism stuff had gone on too long? that you would magically be the one to end it all, after so many had failed?

did you expect us to run after you, crying "no, no, don't go!" - even though you'd never actually been here?

did you think we would start pleading your case with tat, even though many of us disagree with it, and none of us has any reason to want you to stick around?

seriously, what did you think we would do? and what difference do you think anything we do will make to the strip? tat's never seemed to be much into fanservice, he doesn't seem to reply to email - hell, if he didn't every once in a blue moon post something, i would figure he wasn't even aware of the forum. it's his comic, and he'll do what he wants with it. why should one person who signs up apparently just to say "i'm leaving" on the forum suddenly change that?
Halen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, Psuyliiinn whatever your name is. I totally had your back man. TOtally. But you scorned me man, you ignored me, and now I am hurt and upset.

I was going to cry but then Samsally posted this.

Samsally wrote:

And oh god it's one of the best paintings I've ever seen my eyes are popping with how good that looks I wish I could paint like that oh god oh god oh god.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is pretty sweet. it's one of the ones that i look at and say 'oh, they just do little brush strokes for the leaves, _i_ could do something like that' and then i try it and it looks like something stepped in a puddle of paint and then walked all over the picture.
Intervention

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:

I was going to cry but then Samsally posted this.

Samsally wrote:

And oh god it's one of the best paintings I've ever seen my eyes are popping with how good that looks I wish I could paint like that oh god oh god oh god.

That's really quite impressive. I suddenly feel better just looking at it.

I'm also one for ballpoint pen drawings.

ChastMastr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
So have a picture of a grasshopper:

HE. NEEDS. A. CAPE. A TEENY WEENY CAPE. <3
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! That's a small version of one of my wallpapers. If you look at it for a little while you can tell that he's sitting on glass (a windshield, I think), but at first he totally looks like he's flying. Wheeeee!

He? She? How do you sex grasshoppers? Hmm...
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

very carefully, i would expect
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psuliin wrote:
And besides...ponies.

You see? Resistance is futile. Smile
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I know! That's a small version of one of my wallpapers. If you look at it for a little while you can tell that he's sitting on glass (a windshield, I think), but at first he totally looks like he's flying. Wheeeee!

It's a boy!

I had to look it up.
Wingcap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good, can we do this then?

He likes to sleep a lot, so drawing this was hard. I had to bribe him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like dramatic things.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: