welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-09-02: Devil Girl Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor little flutter guys! Sad

They remind me of my lab, Lulu, when it thunders.
Nekomancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run, Lime, run!!
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that the part that frightens them, tormenting damned souls, is really the only job that God has supposedly 100% authorized The Devil and company to do. Temptation and terror are all very well (so to speak), but God supposedly wants the damned souls in Hell to be tormented, so, from that perspective, the Devil Girls who do that are doing no less than God's work.

Theological mileage may vary, of course. Discuss or not. Wink

Which is just another example of how good and evil aren't always cut and dry in Sinfest. The tormented souls presumably "deserve" to be in Hell (or at least God thinks so or God wouldn't let The Devil put them there in the first place, that's pretty basic theology; sure God "stands back and allows" bad things to happen to people in the mortal world, but surely the afterlife merits a more Hands-on approach), yet Tat's intention definitely seems to be for us to sympathize with the souls nonetheless.

starkruzr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this one again? How did we meet her?
Ambaryerno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Notice that the part that frightens them, tormenting damned souls, is really the only job that God has supposedly 100% authorized The Devil and company to do. Temptation and terror are all very well (so to speak), but God supposedly wants the damned souls in Hell to be tormented, so, from that perspective, the Devil Girls who do that are doing no less than God's work.

Which is just another example of how good and evil aren't always cut and dry in Sinfest. The tormented souls presumably "deserve" to be in Hell (or at least God thinks so or God wouldn't let The Devil put them there in the first place, that's pretty basic theology; sure God "stands back and allows" bad things to happen to people in the mortal world, but surely the afterlife merits a more Hands-on approach), yet Tat's intention definitely seems to be for us to sympathize with the souls nonetheless.

I thought one of the most interesting strips was one fairly early in the run where God tells the Devil that nothing has happened that he didn't intend to happen. Which means the Devil's rebellion and fall WAS GOD'S INTENTION.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are devils born, made, or are some the first and others the second? Because Greenie is so sweet and innocent I don't see how she could have been recruited in the first place. Maybe not all devils are inherently evil. Fuschia certainly shows that they're capable of redemption.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devil girls have been shown to be normal girls wandering the city, bomfed into devil girls at complete random. What happens afterwards isn't completely specified - presumably most of them get jobs as strippers and then get picked up by D-man at random.

I'm pretty sure devil girls are meant to represent repressed desires - erm, sins, the inner evil - from their lives as a normal girl. Harlequin seems to possess mostly gluttony and sloth. Probably lust too but we've really only seen her display that once. 9_9

BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT, I THINK WE SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT THE FACT THAT PANEL ONE WAS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO REVEAL ANY SORT OF NAME SHE MAY HAVE - I MEAN FYOOSH AND BLUE HAD THEIR NAMES WRITTEN ON THEIR DOORS. IS HER NAME JUST NOT WRITTEN ON HER DOOR YET, OR WHAT. FRUSTRATING AS HECK.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was derping around in photoshop today and it turned into fanart.

Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. <3
Catel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW

Tat I believe you just got a new reader.

(sorry if already pointed)
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that comic is still going?
Catel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know but try to understand, it was the first webstrip I discovered... Embarassed
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Are devils born, made, or are some the first and others the second? Because Greenie is so sweet and innocent I don't see how she could have been recruited in the first place. Maybe not all devils are inherently evil. Fuschia certainly shows that they're capable of redemption.

Nobody's inherently evil. Even Li'l E, who grew up (sort of) to be a total mean jerk (before being amnesiafied), was once an innocent little baby (with horns).

The fact that there are Devil Women and Devil Men would seem to almost guarantee that there are Devil Children and Devil Babies around somewhere (and where there are men, women, and children there are generally houses and/or apartments and thus kind of by definition a neighborhood, but I digress), who would thus have been Born Devils. However, so far the only Devil Girl whose "origin" we've seen is Pebbles, and she is definitely a transformed mortal. The implication is that her mortal personality is gone (which seems sort of unfair to that personality, but Tat hasn't made a point of that) and her Devil Self is a new person. But I dunno.

In any event, there's never yet been any indication that mortals voluntarily become Devil People -- the act of signing up with The Devil "only" results in one ending up as a damned soul, or so I'm presuming -- so "recruitment" probably isn't really an issue.

The fact that we want to know about these things pretty much guarantees that Tat won't tell us. Wink
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
Who is this one again? How did we meet her?

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4142

Notice that The Devil "recruited" her and her friend from what the devil girl training demo depicts as for lack of a term (at all) Phase One, implying that if they once were mortals but later became Devil Girls, they signed up to be Devilized before they even became dancers/strippers, and there's nothing inherently evil about being a dancer/stripper. Even if Lime/Fern/Greenie used to be mortal, she wasn't when she accepted The Devil's offer in the cited strip.

I suppose the implication is that The Devil might have originally "recruited" Fuchsia and Baby Blue in an identical matter, but we don't know that yet.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Random Wanderer wrote:
Wait, she hasn't even been in her own room until now? She looks surprised by everything she finds in there...

Maybe she's just been wandering the halls non-stop since her arrival, camping out on couches when she gets tired. Stately Devil Manor is a big place, after all.

I don't recall right off if the butterfly drones have previously been seen in color or not, but I doubt it's a coincidence that one is blue and the other is pink aka fuchsia.

It seems like she's maybe moving into Fuchsia's old room, I'm not sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: