welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/4 Da-Meaning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adyon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true. I know you like to be direct. Some people don't seem to like that. xD

Oh but to add something to that discussion Lich, I think that the biggest reason for that shift is that supernatural humans simply make for more interesting stories. Your basic everyday Joe has been done quite a few time in literature. There's only so many ways to go with it, and Tat has a supernatural element to his comic he can play with. I think Tat is just embracing his own universe. There may not be as many devil people as we think. Because it's all he shows. But I'd say they are a decent portion of the minority at least. Devil people seem to simply be a play off the recent Christian doctrine of people that are simply caught up in some sort of sin. He took it completely a different direction, but considering so much of his stuff is based on a parody of reality. In this case, the devil girls just represent all of a certain part of society. We've not seen non-devil strippers (that I can remember) and definitely not recently since he embraced his own universe more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are correct in that he is using them to show "degenerates" or whatever PC term you'd rather use (unfortunates?). However, I do think he seems to view most of the people in the town as 'those kind of people,' (however you'd like to classify them) which is the point I am trying to make.

I was planning on additionally making an "armchair psychologist" assertion which I expected Dogen to beat me about the face and neck for. But, since it seems I have already pissed off one well respected forum dweller today, now might not be the best time. My temperament can only take arguing against a certain number of people at once.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devil people are just people who abide in their baser emotions. Lust, hate, anger etc. This is where Tat is going with Slick. He has fallen back into a base nature away from his 'real' persona. This is where the subplot about the friend zone is coming from. He has stopped trying to fight his lustful nature and crossed the line hence he is no longer just a horny friend he has gone further into the decline of his own morality.

So taking it further we have Criminny and Fuscia, Fuscia being a fallen soul who through Crim will find redemption through love. He's dragging it out for the sake of art. The little granny is also helping Fuscia find redemption through her understanding and kindness. So I can deduce from this that Tat has decided to give Slick a fall so he can show you how to forgive yourself and learn to love. Redemption and becoming real are going to be ongoing arcs for quite a while I think.

The feminism arc is teach people that objectifying women is not the way to wake up to yourself and become 'real'.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
I have already pissed off one well respected forum dweller today

Darqcyde? "well respected"?

hehe. hehehe.

Oh, my. I seem to have contracted a case of the giggles.

hehehehehebwahahahaha.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i mean compared to like say Guest or Thy...
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Buddha is dead.
Buddha remains dead. And we have killed him.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I really want to get into theological things right now? Especially over the categorization of genus and species of fictional representations of divine/spiritual beings in a (very good) comic strip?

. . .

(insert "Jeopardy" theme here)

. . .

. . . no. No, I do not.

Very Happy
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong, Chas.

You're supposed to say the answer first, then the question. Get your Jeopardy rules straight.
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Seriously - Reply with quote

I love the Devil Slick.

He helps Slick unleash his true manhood and waves it in the face of the the hypocritical man-hating pseudo-feminists.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
Lich Mong wrote:
I have already pissed off one well respected forum dweller today

Darqcyde? "well respected"?

hehe. hehehe.

Oh, my. I seem to have contracted a case of the giggles.

hehehehehebwahahahaha.

Wow, even I laughed at that one. Well-known =/= well-repected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since everyone feels I was incorrect in that assertion, I guess I should bow to the collective's greater wisdom on the matter and withdraw it.

My apologies to the accused party.
Adyon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So weird to see someone withdrawing and apologizing for a semi-compliment. Hahaaa, then again it's far more likely online than the alternative. xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know, "You should treat others as they expect to be treated" and all that.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
I was planning on additionally making an "armchair psychologist" assertion which I expected Dogen to beat me about the face and neck for.

Armchair psychoanalyze all you like. Just be right. I try not to beat people about the head and neck for using silly labels (offensive labels, sure). I do reserve the right to check your work. Wink

Quote:
Well, you know, "You should treat others as they expect to be treated" and all that.

Is this a new form of the ethic of reciprocity?

Ronald wrote:
tricksterson wrote:
Devils: Fuschia, Lime, Tangerine, nameless purple haired devil girl at strip club, Legion, Baby Blue

I'm politely dubious about that being Lime and not simply a random Devil Girl with green hair, but it's certainly possible.

I think this is really the pressing matter of the day. Is that green devil the green devil now supporting the flying pyramids? Let's discuss. Leave no stone unturned, people! Someone break out the hexcodes of their color schemes and do a CSI analysis of body shape and posture. Enhance! Enhance!
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Armchair psychoanalyze all you like. Just be right. I try not to beat people about the head and neck for using silly labels (offensive labels, sure). I do reserve the right to check your work. Wink
Because I basically know nothing about the field I doubt it could have been.
Dogen wrote:

Is this a new form of the ethic of reciprocity?

No.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: