welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting to know you - this time, it's a game!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HR: my mom bought me a second hand bmx when i was nine. I rode on glorious circles on my back yard for hours. Great summer.

Rugby match in my home town, St Helens. We have one of the genuinely great teams.

I'm not very hairy. I am very vain. Polishing a tits vain. My sideburns are pretty.

Mine:

Was an abbreviated version of my surname until some colleagues found a headline on the paper that began Mr Gary Is A Bad Man ... apposite.

It snowed heavy and we'd spent ridiculous amounts of money on one another - playing swear word scrabble and drinking champagne with a stripper.

Stupid Ho by Nicky Minaj.

Totally love it to tits. Totally lesbian cut, and I've never attracted so many pretty women.

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Was an abbreviated version of my surname until some colleagues found a headline on the paper that began Mr Gary Is A Bad Man ... apposite.

Oh, that nickname.... Um, I picked Lasairfiona because there were too many Kats where I went to college. I had picked Lasairfiona because I was going to do some SCA and I had to pick a period name and I liked the look of it.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:

1 What was / is your nickname, and why?

Some people used to call me Chuckles

If anyone remembers the website or IRC servers TalkCity - this would have been around 1997-1999 - I was on the IRC servers as Laughter (and everyone thought I was a girl). When TalkCity hired me as an IRC admin they had all of their staff use nicks with "CCC" in it (for City Conference Crew or something, I don't remember), so I became CCChuckles. I used that nick for yeeeears... until they ran into money trouble, switched up management, became a bunch of dickbags, and I resigned 6 months before they shut down. Memories!

(apparently some people remember it fondly... it was cool and all, but damn)
Adyon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) How old were you when you learned to ride a bike?
Really young...Like 4. So young I don't remember for sure. But I do remember by age 10 riding across town to where my friend lived every so often. (Well it took like an hour to ride that far so not too often if I could help it)

2) What was the last sporting event you went to?
I...can't remember. =P Years ago.

3) On a scale of one to fluffball, how furry are you?
I'm decently fuzzy. I have a "bunny trail" as my wife calls it of hair down the middle of my chest and stomach. Fairly light though.

4) why
Because she likes it and doesn't want me to shave it.
----------

1) What was / is your nickname, and why?
If here...I made up the nickname Adyon based on a weird way of pronouncing my own name...Aaron. From there I played with sounds to make them more concrete. Then I started pronouncing it "Ad ee yawn" I like it now, because no one uses it online, despite it supposedly being an alternative to "Aiden", yet it's simple and traceable back to me.

My real life nickname was Air-head. Because my cousin saw the Air-Heads candy when we were kids, called me it, since Aaron begins that way...and...voila!

2) What was your favourite Christmas?
Any Christmas that involves lots of snow and lots of Christmas lights! <3 Also eggnog and hot chocolate!

3 Is there a song that makes you dance your ass off, and what is it & why?
Just about anything catchy you'll probably see me that way. Especially in a purely goofing off kind of way, in other words, purposefully silly. Like Lasairfiona said, currently Gangnam Style is addicting. I'm Sexy and I Know It is another. My wife says for her she thinks Caramelldansen is a big one.

4 Are you happy with your current hair do?
Yeah, when I don't sleep on it wrong where it stands up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG1 One guy use to call me Skeletor. Sadly it never caught on - but it was the one I like the most.

MG2 The first five Chrismases

MG3 The Blue Danube Waltz - Johann Strauss

MG4 No. Too grey and too long

HR1 5 or 6 learned on my own falling off a neighbours bike for weeks Smile

HR2 FIFA U-20 World Cup 2007 ( saw 2 games)

HR3 about a 3.5

HR4 So that when the special person in my life look me in the eyes she will say 'Oh my god'
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
New questions, then!

Pretty old, I think like 12-13
Portland Wrestling at the Eugene fairgrounds like ten years ago

4) why
Because shaving takes too much time, and waxing would probably cause me to bleed out.
Bart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HR1; No idea, I have no memories of learning to ride a bike
HR2; Played a basketball game this weekend
HR3; Medium, hairy arms and legs, otherwise pretty standard.
HR4; Because I can

Gary1; "Rainbow", it has nothing do with sexual preferences, but with the way I arc my shots in basketball. It is sometimes amended to "rainbow warrior" when my hair gets too long and I have to wear a headband to keep the hair out of my eyes when running.
Gary2; Christmases are consistently good, so it's hard to give a favourite. Probably one when it snowed.
Gary3; No songs in particular, ska/punk in general.
Gary4; Yes, I currently don't have to wear headbands while sporting. That is a good thing.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HR1) How old were you when you learned to ride a bike?

Pretty young, I'd say in the 6 range as well. I was about 8 when I dislocated my knee cap flipping the handlebars.

HR2) What was the last sporting event you went to?

Highschool? Maybe? So at least a decade ago.

HR3) On a scale of one to fluffball, how furry are you?

I'm pretty hairy, so flufftastic.

HR4) why?
Because.

MG1 What was / is your nickname, and why?

I never had a real nickname, I go by my middle name for most day to day things though. Does that count?

Some chick in middle school, and to this day when I see her, called me Spiffy Snorthenheimer. All because one day when I had long hair it froze on my walk to the bus and looked like I had ridiculous amounts of hair gel in it, just water.

MG2 What was your favourite Christmas?

The one in July?

MG3 Is there a song that makes you dance your ass off, and what is it & why?

There's really not a song that can get me out of my crippling social anxiety to dance at a party/wedding/mitzfah/wake/bar. The killer romantic in me though, I slow dance to some of Tom Waits songs with my lady.

MG4 Are you happy with your current hair do?

I hate it, but it at least covers the fact that my hair is thinning. Too short or too long and it's painfully obvious.
Kilgore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
4) why

1. I was, I think, 8, maybe 9. It took me a long time. I was terribly uncoordinated as a child, which is one of the reasons I took up running.
2. I went to a Steelheads (semi-pro hockey) game with my friends last time I was in Boise.
3. Tom Selleck
4. My objections to metrosexuality notwithstanding, manscaping would take an amount of time an energy completely disproportionate to the payoff, so I chose to embrace my barbarian nature. I do shave the stuff that grows on the backs of my shoulders, because back hair is scraggly and gross.

Mr. Gary wrote:
2 What was your favourite Christmas?

1. People sometimes call me Kaz, which is a shortened version of my otherwise difficult to pronounce last name.
2. Any white Christmas.
3. No.
4. I got tired of paying for haircuts, so I just go over my head with a No.1 clipper once a week or so. It's cheap and keeps me in compliance with the grooming regs. The style, such as it is, has grown on me. Plus, if I ever go bald it'll be an easy transition from this to just shaving my head.

-Slick
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:

sam, god only knows why

Quote:

iunno today its this

http://grooveshark.com/s/Loist+Moinal/3emOYb?src=5
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
Openly admitting you refer to another human being as 'master' doesn't make it less bizarre.

I'm okay with that. Very Happy

Willem wrote:

i generally don't read your posts

*pouts*

Darqcyde wrote:
That said, I took chastmastr's original post as somewhere in between. Maybe completely true, maybe a lie, maybe a fantasy in his little hairy heart

Nope! Totally true.

Quote:
I didn't know and don't want to.

Oopsie!

Yinello wrote:
One of my friends told me they were into anthro sex roleplaying

Shocked So... like... they were humans... role-playing being... anthropomorphic humans... wow. Now that's meta.

(Oh, I know you meant anthropomorphic animals! I still kind of like my version. Hmm. If there were real-world anthropomorphic animals, would they role-play being humans?)

Willem wrote:
i personally don't mind what the dude does, but it's kinda weird to talk about it like that i dunno

That's OK. Smile Though as you may have guessed from the post, I'm not really talking so much about a "does" as an "is" in terms of relationships and the like. For me, this particular aspect of my life--at least in terms of Daddy Vern--has much more to do with a consensual hierarchical mentoring relationship than BDSM playtime and the like.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
The strange thing is that the weirdness has settled down to a slight 'huh. well. that's something' level now, but that was mainly because it sounded like it wasn't just domination but also some furry shit at first.

... oh, now you have me wondering about the furry thing. You mean references to bears, or to body hair and beards, or one's (human) body being furry, or...?

Adyon wrote:
From all the things I've seen Willem speak abstinently about, I begin to wonder how he manages to even spend time on the internet without ending up in a frothing pool of his own rage on the floor every hour. Razz

Which is, I am confident, a fetish for someone out there in the great wide world. Shocked (Not necessarily Willem.)

Willem wrote:

bronies and furries are degenerates though and shouldn't open their mouths ever

I was going to make jokes about a combination of the two but everyone already did, so...

Adyon wrote:
if that's how someone is, they shouldn't feel the need to hide it for fear others will judge them.

I appreciate it! Smile Arguably I'm almost a perfect storm of things about which someone will be able to judge me one way or another, and often the people one might expect me to connect best with--I'm a Christian (specifically an Anglo-Catholic Episcopalian whose theology is fairly C.S. Lewishish), a gay leatherman in the bear community but whose actual sexual limits are in some ways very limited compared with most people in general (yes, really), a fairly liberal/progressive Democrat politically, and I'm quite OK with some paranormal things but I do not get involved with others.

What this tends to mean in practice is that people who would very much approve of me in one context may, as a result of the other things, regard me as (1) a hellbound sick fuck who supports that evil Obama and plays with witchcraft, (2) a weirdly puritanical guy who's too religious and also goes further than some people would with BDSM, (3) adhering to an oppressive religious system which they see as counter to the other things I believe in, and/or (4) just plain too weird for words.

I'm kind of used to it. To be fair, I am jumped upon less by the gay/leather/liberal/paranormal crowd than I have been by the Christian crowd. And honestly these days people don't seem to freak out nearly as much as they used to, so that's fine.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i guess since i started:
HR1: i never did learn to ride a bicycle. i tried to learn when i was around 10-12, never could get the balance thing down, then my brother disassembled my bike, and that was that.
HR2: last professional sporting event i think was a padres game...um. wow. many years ago. i went with a friend who had season tickets.
HR3: semi-fluffy (depending on the wind)
HR4: why not?

MG1: 'mouse' is what my father called me, way back when. i started using it when i first started posting to on-line forums, i was trying for this archie and mehitabel type thing, what with the lower-case typing and just sort of sneaking quietly into places, but i don't think anyone ever got that.
MG2: i seem to remember surprisingly few christmases. i guess that at least means i don't remember any really awful ones.
MG3: gordon lightfoot, "triangle" - it always makes me want to get up and waltz. sometimes i do.
MG4: i am generally really happy with it for about 2 weeks before i am due for a cut (i.e., just before it gets too long). then i get it cut, and it is too short.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was twenty six. It was glorious!
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I apologise to Chast for my new avatar.

Alas! I missed it!! Sad

Heretical Rants wrote:

I REGRET NOTHIIINNNNG

changing it back though

Surprised

OMG DA BABY HEDGEPIGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WE WUVS IT FOR EVER!

... oh, was the hot bear guy the avatar I missed?

(Yes. Yes, I do have RSS for Cute Overload, the Daily Squee, and the Daily Otter.)

I think... junior high.

If watching the Super Bowl on TV because it was a party counts, then that. If it has to be in person, I genuinely don't remember. Never been a sports fan.

Relatively furry-ish, I suppose. I would love to have comic-book Wolverine levels of body hair (Hugh Jackman is hot, but often in the comics, Logan could almost make a body topiary). I see myself as not very hairy but I technically have more than I give myself credit for.

4) why

because

Mainly it is "Daddy-Bear," because it is what Cubby calls me, and it's the way our relationship is.

2 What was your favourite Christmas?

Hopefully the next one, and then the one after that and so on! Smile

Not much but I should do more with dancing.

Now that I can afford a haircut after months, YES! Smile Nice and short.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: