welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 474

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:

Not very subtle, but still profound and truthful.
.


Since Tat became a little more militant, he lost some of his subtility.
.


Tats was subtle? When? If anything IMHGO he has gotten more nuanced in recent years.

And does Slick really think all those higher powers healed his heart so he could lock it away?

Also, I would assume that after being blessed by two demi-gods and a pair of angels that the devilness would be gone.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Sam the Eagle wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:

Not very subtle, but still profound and truthful.
.


Since Tat became a little more militant, he lost some of his subtility.
.


Tats was subtle? When? If anything IMHGO he has gotten more nuanced in recent years.

And does Slick really think all those higher powers healed his heart so he could lock it away?

Also, I would assume that after being blessed by two demi-gods and a pair of angels that the devilness would be gone.


What two demigods? Jesus was full on god and Buddha was full on human. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChastMastr



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 473
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida, US

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
Oooooookay, I personally have some sort of really strange idea about what this comic is trying to say, but I'm uncertain.

May I ask for a clarification on what's going on here? Very Happy


Slick is afraid of love--or of being vulnerable--so now that his heart is healed, he's locking it away.

Poor Slick.

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable."
--C.S. Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oneponytoruleall



Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3114

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what a lot of us do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tinrac



Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 38
Location: Japan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:

Also: The dudes in panel 12 appear to be in pain, which seems to run contrary to the love-arrow concept.


Of all pains, the greatest pain,
Is to love, and to love in vain.
-George Granville (no clue who he is, but he said it)
_________________
And lo, therefore was the shitstorm summoned from the Abysses of False Civility in which it had briefly hidden, and there was much torment and despair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zhuinden



Joined: 02 Jul 2012
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:
Oooooookay, I personally have some sort of really strange idea about what this comic is trying to say, but I'm uncertain.

May I ask for a clarification on what's going on here? Very Happy


Slick is afraid of love--or of being vulnerable--so now that his heart is healed, he's locking it away.

Poor Slick.

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable."
--C.S. Lewis


That's a pretty neat quote, that clears it up.

...I just can't shake the feeling that how in this comic strip his heart pretty much 'bites' the first girl he sees, this also has a subtle meaning of some kind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
...I just can't shake the feeling that how in this comic strip his heart pretty much 'bites' the first girl he sees, this also has a subtle meaning of some kind.

Probably more along the lines of lust then love basically. Or being overly in a state of wanting love that you choose to go for anyone. Plenty of ways it can be interpreted too. Some even thought it was something to do with Devil Slick.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wheel



Joined: 06 Apr 2012
Posts: 103

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's What You Get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kz6hNDlEEg&feature=endscreen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10626
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Also: The dudes in panel 12 appear to be in pain, which seems to run contrary to the love-arrow concept.

Didn't you know, love hurts.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr Zero



Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you take a Shot Through The Heart, you're not going to want the finish scratched the first day back, let alone on the way back from the God Squad. Let the guy play the field, ease back into it.
That's Slick for you. He won the Singles in the Doubles, but to be fair no-one told him the last panel was a team sport, after all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Also: The dudes in panel 12 appear to be in pain, which seems to run contrary to the love-arrow concept.

Didn't you know, love hurts.


but sometimes it's a good hurt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Also: The dudes in panel 12 appear to be in pain, which seems to run contrary to the love-arrow concept.

Didn't you know, love hurts.


but sometimes it's a good hurt


I've noticed you have really good taste in music. Or rather similar tastes to mine which is what I consider good.

Unless of course you just put up songs that match what you're talking about and don't care either way for the actual song/band playing said song. In that case you just happen to pick songs/bands which I enjoy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little from column A, a little from column B Laughing

I just have a wide variety of tastes lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10626
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Also: The dudes in panel 12 appear to be in pain, which seems to run contrary to the love-arrow concept.

Didn't you know, love hurts.


but sometimes it's a good hurt

Where's the good? I remember when Incubus was metal, they've been shit for years.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: 7 Oct 2012 - Cupid's Arrow 7 Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Also: The dudes in panel 12 appear to be in pain, which seems to run contrary to the love-arrow concept.

Didn't you know, love hurts.


but sometimes it's a good hurt

Where's the good? I remember when Incubus was metal, they've been shit for years.


Screw you. Incubus is great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group