welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random News Stories of Note
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 633, 634, 635 ... 829, 830, 831  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Re-read the last sentence. If you're looking for something more precise, well I can't offer it, call it gut instinct.

In other words you're speaking out of your ass, and when countered by folks who knows the local situation way better, fall back on commonplaces.

Since you're so clairvoyant, do you think it's time to buy more facebook shares?.

So you're saying that there's not a possibility this could lead to further violence? I wanna live in the fantasy world you live in.

He asked why, which is something I thought I answered already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
Since you're so clairvoyant, do you think it's time to buy more facebook shares?.

all my friends tried to get me to buy facebook shares for them and I was like don't you fucking touch that garbage don't you even
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindslicer wrote:
So a police officer in Philadelphia punched a woman thinking she threw liquid on him (Note: she didn't.)

Well that police officer is getting suspended with the intent to dismiss.

Quote:
Officials say a police officer seen on video punching a woman at a Philadelphia neighborhood street party over the weekend is being suspended for 30 days as of Thursday with intent to dismiss.

Commissioner Charles Ramsey took the action Wednesday against Lt. Jonathan Josey following Sunday's events during a north Philadelphia festival associated with the city's annual Puerto Rican Day Parade.

Prosecutors earlier said a disorderly conduct charge was being withdrawn against 39-year-old Aida Guzman of Chester.

A 36-second video on YouTube shows Guzman being struck in the face and falling to the ground, her face bloodied, then being led away in handcuffs.

She has marks on her lip, where the punch landed, and on her elbow, on which she fell, reports CBS staitn KYW in Philadelphia.

John McNesby, president of the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police, told WPVI-TV he thinks the decision to dismiss Josey "stinks."

FUCK YOU, JOHN MCNESBY.

Jesus F. Christ. Why is the first thought on someone's mind to punch as hard as you can when you get some water sprinkled on you?
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Sam the Eagle wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Re-read the last sentence. If you're looking for something more precise, well I can't offer it, call it gut instinct.

In other words you're speaking out of your ass, and when countered by folks who knows the local situation way better, fall back on commonplaces.

So you're saying that there's not a possibility this could lead to further violence? I wanna live in the fantasy world you live in.

Ahh, denail and anger. Soon your journey on the path of the asshat side will be complete. You did not answer at all, or gave any indication; hence why you were called on twice.

I'm saying that you know jackshit of the situation, that you infer platitudes out of a brainfart. Both Willem, and I up to 2 months ago, were living near or in this country; that the roots of this issue are a bit more complex than what this pisspoor piece led to believe; and that you're taking your apocalyspes fantasies for granted without even understanding it's causes and therefore it's possible outcomes.

I'm sayign that and nothing else.
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most likely thing that will happen is that the French police end up shooting some innocent Muslims again and the banlieus going up in flames again. I really don't see an actual large scale terrorist attack happening. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Sam the Eagle wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:

Ahh, denail and anger. Soon your journey on the path of the asshat side will be complete. You did not answer at all, or gave any indication; hence why you were called on twice.

I'm saying that you know jackshit of the situation, that you infer platitudes out of a brainfart. Both Willem, and I up to 2 months ago, were living near or in this country; that the roots of this issue are a bit more complex than what this pisspoor piece led to believe; and that you're taking your apocalyspes fantasies for granted without even understanding it's causes and therefore it's possible outcomes.

I'm sayign that and nothing else.

I'm not angry in the least nor denying anything, all the anger is on your end. And there's no room over on the asshat side, yourself righteous know-it-all ego is taking up all the space.

Willem: I said "I wouldn't be surprised", meaning while I think there's only a low possibility, the plausibility of an attack happening seems sound. There's this from the article, most of which I pretty much knew:
Quote:
A statement from President Francois Hollande praised the police for the raids and said the state would continue to "protect the French against all terrorist threats."

Last month's firebombing of the grocery, in a Jewish neighborhood outside Paris, happened on Sept. 19, the same day a French satirical paper published crude caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad. Anti-Western protests were also growing at the time against an anti-Islam film. One person was slightly injured, but the attack came after a summer of what residents described as growing anti-Semitic threats.

France, which has the largest Muslim population in Europe, is trying to contain the spread of a radical Islam hostile to Western influences.

The prosecutor was careful not to draw direct links between Saturday's arrests and Mohamed Merah, a young Frenchman of Algerian descent who died in a shootout with police in March after the killings in the south of France. That attack terrorized the French Jewish community, which has since ramped up security in many parts of the country.

Since someone was killed during an arrest attempt, I can see someone using that as an excuse for further acts of violence.

Last edited by Darqcyde on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's summed up best by this: "Desperate and unhappy people do desperate and unhappy things, and often come to a desperate and unhappy end"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we're doing stories about the police being shitty, now?
Him

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the suprise of noone except those who relied on the right wing oppositions "ghost" polling institutes (sadly that would be most of the western media) Hugo Chavez have won the venezuelan elections with over 50% of the vote, 80% election participation, and a comfortable mqrgin of some 10% to the right wing challenger.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, SpaceX successfully launched a payload that's expected to dock with the ISS tomorrow. Despite the fact that one of the rocket's engines exploded in flight.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woop woop!
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael: Holla!!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-sentenced-to-30-to-60-years-in-prison-on-45-counts-of-child-molestation.html

Sandusky got sentenced for 30-60 years on 45 counts of child molestation. His maximum sentence could have been 442 years, but at age 68 he probably won't even last the minimum. He's going to make a lot of "friends" I'm sure. Also, this bit of courage moved me:

Quote:
"I don't forgive you and I don't know if I will forgive you," Victim No. 4 told Sandusky. "I grew up in a bad situation and you made it worse." Victim No. 4 was the first known boy Sandusky abused, and he did not reveal the abuse until years later. "While I stand here and won't forgive you," Victim No. 4 said, "I ask the others after me to forgive me for not coming forward sooner."

mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was half-asleep when the news was reported on NPR - but it sounded like sandusky hasn't exactly accepted that he is actually guilty of anything - i seem to recall hearing the term 'victim-blaming', or maybe that was just my interpretation.

unfortunately, i doubt spending the rest of his life in prison will convince him of his guilt.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and in other legal news: unintended consequences of anti-immigration laws

georgia enacted a law that people needing any sort of business license had to prove they were in the country legally - this overloading licensing division (already strained by budget cutbacks which have reduced the number of employees), and so greatly extending the time it takes to get a license. in the case of new nurses, it can take up to three months.

Quote:
“The fact of the matter is that in our agency we’ve taken a streamlined process we’ve had in place and made it more bureaucratic,” said Brian Kemp, the secretary of state.

the news article doesn't mention how many illegal aliens have been apprehended as a result of the law.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 633, 634, 635 ... 829, 830, 831  Next
Page 634 of 831

Jump to: