welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old drama, or "Why dragonwriter gets abused for newbs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
I think page 11, where Sabacc judiciously checks if Tifa (who's sig is 'Icesniper my sexy man') is 18 before he indulges in text based hot tub flirting.

But it is pretty tied a few pages later when Sabacc claims he's 'had more sex than most people'.

Other great hits include Phar saying you're meant to look after your siblings, this from the man who would later go on, if I'm not confusing him for someone else, to start a discussion thread about whether or not he should take his little brother to a brothel.

oh yeah I remember that.

Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading all of these threads now. I am the fucking worst person to be allowed to work from home, I swear.

Although it is perfectly paired with the TV I just found by the side of the road allowing me to watch THE GLIMMER MAN. In a perfect world Steven Seagal (current) will play Dragonwriter in the movie of his life, written and directed by Dragonwriter.
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IceSniper honourable mention thread is fucking glorious. It begins with some sad sap melodramatic bullshit and quickly becomes an insane CAPSLOCK-off between Gary and Hadley. Good shit.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading all of these threads now. I am the fucking worst person to be allowed to work from home, I swear.

Although it is perfectly paired with the TV I just found by the side of the road allowing me to watch THE GLIMMER MAN. In a perfect world Steven Seagal (current) will play Dragonwriter in the movie of his life, written and directed by Dragonwriter.

THE GLIMMER MAN is one of my favourite movies. I can't help but think that the addition of a Wayans is the one thing missing from all his other films.

As Vern pointed out though, the most ridiculous thing about it is the title. It is explained in the film and it is just dumb.

btw, I love fred's most ridiculous statements.

Feiticeira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Did it seem as fucked up then as it does now, looking back?

High level insanity-drama was just more common back then. We had DW doing his crazy thing, blizzardwolf1 making shit up, the furry invasion, lots of couples happily using the forum as couples counselling, intense flame wars between multiple posters and later Kry vs the world.

It was still ridiculous. It was just something that had to be dealt with in order to read the rest of the forum. These days it seems like the most drama we get to see involves people berating Darc, Him or Guest for their terrible, terrible opinions.

Kind of a shame, I suppose. I rather miss the lunacy (well, not the furry invasions).
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, unfortunately, that's not how it works.

What I have noticed, and what I have been told many times, is that minorities have something we white people, with all of our money and possessions, do not have.

They can agree and get along, with their pack instinct.

We white people can't ever agree on one thing or work together for more than a minute, as demonstrated above - one page of harmonious posts later, someone challenges the idea.

Mexicans and black people, referring just to the lowlifes of the group (sadly, a large part of these groups), are the phalanx.

The phalanx, from X-men, are alien goo balls that mesh together to form one bigger, super-alien-goo-ball.

That's how it is with mexicans and black people: They're nothing by themselves, so they mesh together with all of their homies to form the gang - one giant, invincible super Mexican.

holy monkeyfresco christ
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing which i just quoted was not in any way posted in jest, it was actually the way he saw things
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Giant Invincible Super Mexican" would make a great band name, though
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the two gangs can join forces and become a United Giant Blaxican.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayumn.

That was some high level of ultra-concentrated whatthefuckerry you guys had back then. Makes the feminazy propagandists look like cherry pies.
Dragonwriter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who like the drama: don't read this. I'm done trying to make drama or defend myself.

To those who were not around at the time (which should be most of you): I'm sorry you have been drawn into this.

Reading through all of that, even skimming it, makes it pretty clear just why I have the reputation I do here. I don't remember typing or even thinking half of the stuff that's been quoted, but I have no doubt that I wrote it - I was really stupid back then. And highly medicated. And confused. And proud about nothing of any real value. And starving for attention. And trying to hide all of that like some kind of fool, which of course only made all of it that much more obvious to anyone with eyes in their head and a brain to think with. Probably a bunch of those still apply to me today.

To whoever it was that brought the point up: I DID turn myself in a few years ago. It wasn't pretty. I'm not gonna share what happened - that's between me and the law - but needless to say I have been made to pay a price considered appropriate to my actions. In many ways, I'm still paying that cost, and I will do so for the rest of my life. Won't make it any better - all it does is appease the law. It doesn't make me any less of a monster.

I destroyed someone else's life in a way that can never be undone or taken back, and I said a lot of very stupid things that make no sense at all on their own and even less sense when compared to each other. My actions were not quite as severe as some people on this forum have stated, but they were certainly bad enough. I permanently altered the path that someone's life would've taken, altered it for the worse, and nothing I do will ever fix that. No amount of good deeds will ever give that person their life back. I will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of my life - every morning, the cost of looking myself in the mirror proves to be far worse than any price the law makes me pay. It usually takes me a few days to work up the courage to shave.

And the worst part is that I then took those problems, which are bad enough in-and-of themselves, and spewed them out all over you guys' forum. God, how dumb could I get. There is only one being who can grant me the redemption I so strongly desire, and it will never come while I still draw breath, so I need to stop moping and just accept that my life will be spent striving for the impossible. I'll never get my humanity back, but it'll be worth it to try anyway; it's all I have left.

Ironically, this place made me a much better person. The self-loathing I picked up here taught me to doubt myself, to see the horrors I was capable of. It taught me the self-inherent value of REAL altruism and sacrifice, the joy of giving selflessly, the peace brought on by working hard to help improve someone else's life. I learned here that the line between good and evil is thinner and easier to cross than we think, and that it bisects every human heart without concern for gender, race, nationality, or religion. Thank you for that. Though you never meant to give me those gifts, you did so anyway.

I'm truly sorry - from the depths of whatever heart I have left - for bringing my problems to your table. It was prideful and selfish of me, and all it accomplished was to help shatter the peace of your community by doing so. Once again I can do naught to repair the damage - only express my regret sincerely and take the credit where it is due.

I will... TRY... to leave you in peace now. I might not succeed - if there is anything I am, it is fallable - but I will try. I have taken up far too much of your time and mental energy with my problems. I might find myself drawn back here from time to time, but I will try to stay out of your way.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One: can you please address this -->

I just found something interesting:

Dragonwriter in 2004 on the old forum wrote:
The only one who hasn't come out of this for the better is my sister, who is currently the school slut (I'm sad to say). However, I must point out that for one thing she is currently only 16 (and thus I assume still has some ways to grow),

and then we have...

Dragonwriter in 2012 on this forum wrote:
I was 14 when I came out on these forums and all that drama happened.

Two: You fucking pompous douchebag.

Last edited by Dennis J. Squidbunny on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore:

Dragonwriter wrote:
To those who like the drama: don't read this. I'm done trying to make drama or defend myself.

Mmm, really? If you were done with drama you would end the post here.

Dragonwriter wrote:
To those who were not around at the time (which should be most of you): I'm sorry you have been drawn into this.

Mmm, they're in a thread specifically titled to explain it all to people. This is just one of your usual, pathetic attempts to seem like the reasonable one in all of this.

Dragonwriter wrote:
Reading through all of that, even skimming it, makes it pretty clear just why I have the reputation I do here. I don't remember typing or even thinking half of the stuff that's been quoted, but I have no doubt that I wrote it - I was really stupid back then. And highly medicated. And confused. And proud about nothing of any real value. And starving for attention. And trying to hide all of that like some kind of fool, which of course only made all of it that much more obvious to anyone with eyes in their head and a brain to think with. Probably a bunch of those still apply to me today.

Is there anything else you'd like to hide behind? I'm surprised you didn't add "and I was only fourteen". I can't say anything about your current level of medication but the rest still apply.

Dragonwriter wrote:
To whoever it was that brought the point up: I DID turn myself in a few years ago. It wasn't pretty. I'm not gonna share what happened - that's between me and the law - but needless to say I have been made to pay a price considered appropriate to my actions. In many ways, I'm still paying that cost, and I will do so for the rest of my life. Won't make it any better - all it does is appease the law. It doesn't make me any less of a monster.

Until you address my previous post about you being 14 with a 16 year old younger sister, I'm going to take everything you say as a lie. As in nothing you are saying is true.

Weirdly, brambling around rereading all of this stuff has started to get me thinking that maybe, just maybe, no abuse ever even occured. Wouldn't that be interesting? After all this, nothing ever happened, you just lied about assaulting your sister so you could get sympathy on the internet from people who hate you.

Dragonwriter wrote:
I destroyed someone else's life in a way that can never be undone or taken back, and I said a lot of very stupid things that make no sense at all on their own and even less sense when compared to each other. My actions were not quite as severe as some people on this forum have stated, but they were certainly bad enough. I permanently altered the path that someone's life would've taken, altered it for the worse, and nothing I do will ever fix that. No amount of good deeds will ever give that person their life back. I will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of my life - every morning, the cost of looking myself in the mirror proves to be far worse than any price the law makes me pay. It usually takes me a few days to work up the courage to shave.

Very funny.

Dragonwriter wrote:
And the worst part is that I then took those problems, which are bad enough in-and-of themselves, and spewed them out all over you guys' forum. God, how dumb could I get. There is only one being who can grant me the redemption I so strongly desire, and it will never come while I still draw breath, so I need to stop moping and just accept that my life will be spent striving for the impossible. I'll never get my humanity back, but it'll be worth it to try anyway; it's all I have left.

This wasn't the only awful, stupid, douchebag thing you did in your time on the forum, fyi. It's just the most touted.

Dragonwriter wrote:
Ironically, this place made me a much better person. The self-loathing I picked up here taught me to doubt myself, to see the horrors I was capable of. It taught me the self-inherent value of REAL altruism and sacrifice, the joy of giving selflessly, the peace brought on by working hard to help improve someone else's life. I learned here that the line between good and evil is thinner and easier to cross than we think, and that it bisects every human heart without concern for gender, race, nationality, or religion. Thank you for that. Though you never meant to give me those gifts, you did so anyway.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Dragonwriter wrote:
It taught me the self-inherent value of REAL altruism and sacrifice, the joy of giving selflessly, the peace brought on by working hard to help improve someone else's life. I learned here that the line between good and evil is thinner and easier to cross than we think, and that it bisects every human heart without concern for gender, race, nationality, or religion.

HOW? HOW DID ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED BETWEEN YOU AND THIS FORUM TEACH YOU THE FUCKING JOY OF GIVING SELFLESSLY YOU FUCKING USELESS GRANDSTANDING AWFUL LITTLE WANKER.

Dragonwriter wrote:
I'm truly sorry - from the depths of whatever heart I have left - for bringing my problems to your table. It was prideful and selfish of me, and all it accomplished was to help shatter the peace of your community by doing so. Once again I can do naught to repair the damage - only express my regret sincerely and take the credit where it is due.

Mostly boring. Nothing was shattered, especially not peace. I've been reading through a pile of it again, and it's like four or five threads tops. No damage has been done. People always bring it up because it's a sure fire way to get you to fuck off again.

Dragonwriter wrote:
I will... TRY... to leave you in peace now. I might not succeed - if there is anything I am, it is fallable - but I will try. I have taken up far too much of your time and mental energy with my problems. I might find myself drawn back here from time to time, but I will try to stay out of your way.

SAID DRACO OF AVALON, AS HIS CAPE MADE OF A TATTERED AMERICAN FLAG WAFTED MAJESTICALLY OVER HIS WEYR OF EARTHSWAN

THE PEOPLE -- HIS PEOPLE -- OF SINFEST WOULD NEVER TRULY KNOW THE GREAT SACRIFICES HE HAD MADE. THEY WOULD FOREVER CALL HIM MONSTER BUT IN HIS HEART HE KNEW THAT HIS TRUE NAME

WAS HERO.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonwriter wrote:
To whoever it was that brought the point up: I DID turn myself in a few years ago. It wasn't pretty. I'm not gonna share what happened - that's between me and the law - but needless to say I have been made to pay a price considered appropriate to my actions.

I hope it was chemical castration. Or regular castration.
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonwriter wrote:

SAID DRACO OF AVALON, AS HIS CAPE MADE OF A TATTERED AMERICAN FLAG WAFTED MAJESTICALLY OVER HIS WEYR OF EARTHSWAN

THE PEOPLE -- HIS PEOPLE -- OF SINFEST WOULD NEVER TRULY KNOW THE GREAT SACRIFICES HE HAD MADE. THEY WOULD FOREVER CALL HIM MONSTER BUT IN HIS HEART HE KNEW THAT HIS TRUE NAME

WAS HERO.

you forgot: *drops a single tear* there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: