welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10/9 expert mode walking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit. Did he just give us the really verbose version of "PhD with 2% body fat?" History has repeated itself!
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, he expanded it, because he got his degree in a really hard subject - not some lightweight field like quantum physics or molecular biology or advanced mathematics.

that dude's an engineer. it's the field so hard, women dare not tread there!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing he doesn't care what we think! otherwise he'd be wasting all this time trying to get us to think that he's got a bunch of money, is in better shape than most people, has a degree in something really hard, and has good relationships with people!
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to speak for any of you, but it's really too bad that I'll never be as impressed with him as he is with himself.

Also, who brags about having good relations with other people? In what social circle is "I have friends!" something that inspires envy?
Ember778

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I don't want to speak for any of you, but it's really too bad that I'll never be as impressed with him as he is with himself.

Also, who brags about having good relations with other people? In what social circle is "I have friends!" something that inspires envy?

Whether people like to admit it or not, quite a few people don't have the greatest relationships with people. Friends that aren't actually there for you when you need them, relationships with parents or siblings aren't very good, or not being able to keep a girlfriend/boyfriend for very long.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
you're welcome

Illusion of superiority? That's interesting. I never thought having a bunch of money to spend on incubus albums, being in better shape than most people so I can refute theories revolving around how to walk in high heels, graduating with a degree in something which most consider one of the hardest majors majoring in winning on the internet, and having good relationships with people (friends, family, and such) who I met on the Incubus Yahoo group in 1998 meant that I wasn't actually superior.

Who knows though, maybe I'm just in a coma.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Whether people like to admit it or not, quite a few people don't have the greatest relationships with people. Friends that aren't actually there for you when you need them, relationships with parents or siblings aren't very good, or not being able to keep a girlfriend/boyfriend for very long.

I guess the thing is that you just keep using phrases like 'the most'. Without really knowing any of us, you are self assured you are richer, smarter, and, for fucks sakes, your mother loves you more than our mothers love us.

It's kind of sad that you need to keep assuring yourself that you are the best of everyone. If you said you loved, say, Fallout Boy rather than Incubus I'd posit that you're about seventeen.
Ember778

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

I guess the thing is that you just keep using phrases like 'the most'. Without really knowing any of us, you are self assured you are richer, smarter, and, for fucks sakes, your mother loves you more than our mothers love us.

It's kind of sad that you need to keep assuring yourself that you are the best of everyone. If you said you loved, say, Fallout Boy rather than Incubus I'd posit that you're about seventeen.

I never said that you guys were worthless sacks of shit. I merely inferred from your political stances that you were lower class.

I never said that your mothers didn't love you, nor that you were in bad shape. I just said that I have all such things going for me which makes me awesome.

I'm not the one trying to tell you that you're not awesome it's just you guys trying to tell me that you think that I only think I'm awesome. You're completely wrong, but you can think whatever you damn well please.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we're telling you that we think you're not awesome, and you're telling us that you're wealthy, educated, sexy, and gosh darn it people like you (just not us). You keep saying you don't care what we think, then try to convince us how awesome you are.

Did they make chemical engineering majors read Shakespeare in your day? Does the line, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks," from Hamlet mean anything to you?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durhurhurr all liberals are poor durrrhurrr
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, he didn't call us poor - he called us lower class.

you know, class is about more than money, ember.
Ember778

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
No, we're telling you that we think you're not awesome, and you're telling us that you're wealthy, educated, sexy, and gosh darn it people like you (just not us). You keep saying you don't care what we think, then try to convince us how awesome you are.

Did they make chemical engineering majors read Shakespeare in your day? Does the line, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks," from Hamlet mean anything to you?

I'm not really trying to convince you. Otherwise I'd put up pictures of myself, brokerage account, and IRA.

I just state it as a fact because it is so. I am awesome.
Ember778

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
no, he didn't call us poor - he called us lower class.

you know, class is about more than money, ember.

Yeah it's about knowing the difference between red wine glasses and white wine glasses and how to cleanse your pallet.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the lady in the wine section of the grocery store can tell you all of that. I thought you said you were high class?

Apparently I'm high class, y'all! But also low class, because I'm a liberal. Does that make me middle class, because I'm both liberal and versed in stemware?

This is the weirdest survey on class in America ever.

1. Do you know the difference between red wine glasses and white wine glasses?

2. Do you vote Democrat or Republican?

3. Do you have friends who really like you, not just say they like you but then don't help you move that teak dresser?

4. Do you like the Jews?
Ember778

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Yeah, the lady in the wine section of the grocery store can tell you all of that. I thought you said you were high class?

Apparently I'm high class, y'all! But also low class, because I'm a liberal. Does that make me middle class, because I'm both liberal and versed in stemware?

This is the weirdest survey on class in America ever.

1. Do you know the difference between red wine glasses and white wine glasses?

2. Do you vote Democrat or Republican?

3. Do you have friends who really like you, not just say they like you but then don't help you move that teak dresser?

4. Do you like the Jews?

It was a joke. You know if you didn't have your head so far up your ass maybe you would have seen that. Also when walmart employees think that litmus paper would be in the paper isle then I doubt they'd know the difference between wine glasses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: