welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-10-14 Amber Returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamFiction wrote:
I'm wondering....
Is it outside the realm of possibility that Amber IS Fuchsia?

Ronald would find the strip I'm thinking about, but afaik Fuschia was first seen as a normal passerby girl that got 'devilified' by big D in one of his showing off spree. She didn't look at all like Amber.

Then again, it's a comic so retcon is possible.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:
KamFiction wrote:
I'm wondering....

Ronald would find the strip I'm thinking about, but afaik Fuschia was first seen as a normal passerby girl that got 'devilified' by big D in one of his showing off spree. She didn't look at all like Amber.

Then again, it's a comic so retcon is possible.

Sorry that's not Fuchsia but still relevant to this thread/ Smile
starkruzr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amber and BLUE look a whole lot alike and even have the same haircut.
Sudoku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my reactions cannot be put to words
so here's a picture of the world ending by moon

Because the wolves gonna want a taste.
Homeslice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...Oh boy

This doesn't look good for crim.
LadySunami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
Holy character revival, Batman!

I seriously hope Blue isn't thinking of using Amber against Crim's current relationship with Fuchsia... or ANY of the past girls for that matter.

Buuuut~ then again... Amber is a nice name... for a Devilgirl.

EDIT:

Also... is this another retcon? In the past comic arc, Amber KNEW that Crim blew her off.

MORE EDITZ:

Also this. If Amber wasn't looking for a lasting relationship, she wouldn't be moping over not getting a call from Crim.

Even if she wasn't looking for a lasting relationship, his innocence may have tugged at her heart strings and she began to hope. Moping isn't always a rational response after all.

And did Blue yawn and miss DJ Crim? I'd have expected her to raise her eyebrows at the sudden wildness at least.
iskandar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so lemme get this straight:

man pressures woman for physical relationship she does not want as well as deeper seated emotional attractions and woman rejects him- slick, you bastard!

woman wants physical relationship (albeit not as heavily as slick, though that may be thanks to slick being more for comedy) from man who does not want it as well as deeper emotional attractions- criminy, you bastard!
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iskandar wrote:
so lemme get this straight:

man pressures woman for physical relationship she does not want as well as deeper seated emotional attractions and woman rejects him- slick, you bastard!

woman wants physical relationship (albeit not as heavily as slick, though that may be thanks to slick being more for comedy) from man who does not want it as well as deeper emotional attractions- criminy, you bastard!

You're stretching too hard for this one you misogynistic butthead..no one made that argument at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is anybody saying that Crim is a bastard? I mean, I think it was kinda not cool how Crim showed interest in going out with Amber again but then never even acknowledged she existed after that, but that's failing on Tat's part rather than Crim's.

Blue may think that Crim is a bastard for this, I don't honestly think this is the case though, but that would be because she has shown that she really does not like him at all. And this is something that would add to it. But honestly, I do not think Blue is going to use Amber for any kind of set-up to break up Crim and Fuchsia. Even if Blue doesn't really approve of the relationship much, even if she doesn't like Crim, and wants Fyoosh to come back to the manor - with her - she's not dumb. She knows that doing such a thing would hurt Fyoosh. Blue refrained from killing Crim because she knew it would hurt Fyoosh, so why would she just suddenly do something to break her up with a guy she really likes, that she know would hurt her.

Really. Her face in that second to last panel? That isn't the face of someone who is angry. Or plotting something heinous to break her best friend's heart. That's the face of someone who is sympathetic - the face of someone who understands how it feels to pine for someone and they don't even really acknowledge that you exist anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
I do not think Blue is going to use Amber for any kind of set-up to break up Crim and Fuchsia. Even if Blue doesn't really approve of the relationship much, even if she doesn't like Crim, and wants Fyoosh to come back to the manor - with her - she's not dumb. She knows that doing such a thing would hurt Fyoosh. Blue refrained from killing Crim because she knew it would hurt Fyoosh, so why would she just suddenly do something to break her up with a guy she really likes, that she know would hurt her.

Really. Her face in that second to last panel? That isn't the face of someone who is angry. Or plotting something heinous to break her best friend's heart. That's the face of someone who is sympathetic - the face of someone who understands how it feels to pine for someone and they don't even really acknowledge that you exist anymore.

But at the end of the day

Blue is a Devil-girl so anything can happen

but I hope you're right Wink
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamFiction wrote:
I'm wondering....
That is what I thoughtwhen she first showed up, also the girl in the strips up above, Fyoosh in disguise, setting up to corrupt Criminy who instead whateverthereveseofcorruptedised her.

Evidently not. I think Blue is planning on using Amber to break up Fuschia and Crim.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavius Maximus wrote:
But at the end of the day

Blue is a Devil-girl so anything can happen

but I hope you're right

Though a devil girl, Blue is devoted to Fuchsia. It's been all but stated that her loyalties lie with Fyoosh and thus Blue will not do anything that would hurt her.

Of course I'm right. Tat wouldn't just establish that she wouldn't kill him because it'd hurt Fyoosh, just to backpedal and have her intentionally do something that would hurt Fyoosh, like breaking her up with someone she really cares for, just because she discovered that there was once someone else in his life.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think a blue/amber alliance would be an amusing love square for a bit, trying to break up fyoosh/crim and failing miserably, of course

bonus points if blue and amber hook up instead at the end. we all know blue needs some more love, these days things are so sad for her
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this one of the most interesting comics to date.

Blue is most likely looking Crim up because she's worried about Fuchsia. This could lead to 3 outcomes:

1. She tells Fuchsia in the hope she dumps Crim.

Now the first thing that popped into my head is this... But considering the date, this was eons ago. Amber also apparantly stopped trying to make contact with Crim when she realized he could not be interested (and maybe he wasn't, or he was but was too shy - it is Crim). I don't see how Fuchsia would react badly to this unless we're in a cheap Hollywood dramamovie.

2. She tells Crim and in her way tries to tell him to be more mindful of Fuchsia.

Blue doesn't know Crim fully and might see this as a threat to Fuchsia that he'd break her heart due to ignorance. It would show a kind side of Blue - but it might make Fuchsia angry because it would make it look like Blue doesn't trust Fuchsia to fix things on her own.

3. She does nothing.

Were this a normal world, this would seem like the most likely outcome. There's not much she could really do - Crim already seems devoted to Fuchsia and Fuchsia has made up her mind.

I think if I were Blue I would not worry about Crim - I'd worry more about D deciding to have her back as employee, considering her abrupt escape. Perhaps Blue could start a Witness Relocation Program for devils.

As for Amber herself - I hope she has moved on and not turned into one of those 'forever pining' type of girls.
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
i think the nose dildo is a clue

Ooh, I'm famous! <Blush>
But the nose dildo has only TWO prongs. This time, I leave the photoshopping as an exercise for others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: