welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10/9 expert mode walking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadySunami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I didn't think about swimming pools. That makes sense.

Some of those meters don't work well even with a warm up period and calibration. Of course, undergrads aren't always the best at taking care of instruments, especially if they're new to chemistry, so that could definitely be part of it.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That precious moment when you watch someone in the first lab of the year drop a $300 burette on the floor and it is dashed into trillions of little pieces, along with their chances of ever passing the course.
It read 'Welcome to The End'
LadySunami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now, I don't know of anyone who actually failed a chemistry course due to breaking glassware. And burets don't come into play until lab #2 anyway.

The first lab here involves Bunsen burners instead, which is in some ways worse... Cue me snapping at students for leaving the gas on while trying to figure out how to work the lighters.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadySunami wrote:
Now now, I don't know of anyone who actually failed a chemistry course due to breaking glassware. And burets don't come into play until lab #2 anyway.

The first lab here involves Bunsen burners instead, which is in some ways worse... Cue me snapping at students for leaving the gas on while trying to figure out how to work the lighters.

Yeah I don't think people fail for dropping glass. They get charged for it, but no one fails.

I honestly don't see how anyone can not know how to use a flint striker. It's literally one of the easiest tools to understand. Gas gets caught in cup, push down and slide flint against steel. Bam you have ignition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: