welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-10-14 Amber Returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:
But at the end of the day

Blue is a Devil-girl so anything can happen

but I hope you're right

Though a devil girl, Blue is devoted to Fuchsia. It's been all but stated that her loyalties lie with Fyoosh and thus Blue will not do anything that would hurt her.

Of course I'm right. Tat wouldn't just establish that she wouldn't kill him because it'd hurt Fyoosh, just to backpedal and have her intentionally do something that would hurt Fyoosh, like breaking her up with someone she really cares for, just because she discovered that there was once someone else in his life.

Blue's the best at what she does and what she does is dig up dirt on people and that's what she likes doing. She was looking for a crack in Crim's shinning armor and found something which has the potential to doom the relationship or at least seriously challenge it. It was Fushia that made that relationship work in the first place, not Crim, had it not been for her crushing hard on him after that comment "But you weren't Always a devil girl" they probably wouldn't even be together... even If that made her stop being a devil girl. They may be in a Friendship/Relationship (Which is it?) now but Crim may still be the insecure shy guy that was too afraid to call up Amber. Crim's own insecurities may yet doom that relationship, and that's what Blue found.

I like the comic, a little character study here
bitflipper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of Tat's finest strips to date; it's certainly causing a significant reaction among the fans.

I dunno; I'm kind of thinking that there's nothing Blue can do with this information that won't backfire on her. But, whether she can rationally see that through the purple hard-on she's apparently got for causing Crim some grief...

This ought to be interesting, however it goes.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I find this one of the most interesting comics to date.

Blue is most likely looking Crim up because she's worried about Fuchsia. This could lead to 3 outcomes:

1. She tells Fuchsia in the hope she dumps Crim.

Now the first thing that popped into my head is this... But considering the date, this was eons ago. Amber also apparantly stopped trying to make contact with Crim when she realized he could not be interested (and maybe he wasn't, or he was but was too shy - it is Crim). I don't see how Fuchsia would react badly to this unless we're in a cheap Hollywood dramamovie.

2. She tells Crim and in her way tries to tell him to be more mindful of Fuchsia.

Blue doesn't know Crim fully and might see this as a threat to Fuchsia that he'd break her heart due to ignorance. It would show a kind side of Blue - but it might make Fuchsia angry because it would make it look like Blue doesn't trust Fuchsia to fix things on her own.

3. She does nothing.

Were this a normal world, this would seem like the most likely outcome. There's not much she could really do - Crim already seems devoted to Fuchsia and Fuchsia has made up her mind.

I think if I were Blue I would not worry about Crim - I'd worry more about D deciding to have her back as employee, considering her abrupt escape. Perhaps Blue could start a Witness Relocation Program for devils.

As for Amber herself - I hope she has moved on and not turned into one of those 'forever pining' type of girls.

Or 4. She calls Amber up and tells her where Crim is and tries to get her to intervene for her and break them up. Blue said that SHE would never hurt Crim but that doesn't stop her using others for her purposes. And if she thinks it's worth Fyoosh's sadness for a while at the breakup for the greater good of her being 'free' of Crim as she supposes then she might just go for it. She can then swoop in as the caring friend doing the 'men are all rats, I tried to warn you' routine and possibly even coax Fyoosh back to the devil mansion.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She could call Amber, but unless we're in a bad soap opera (wait...), I doubt Amber would really do much after all those years.
Tinrac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: \(>_</) Reply with quote

This comic excited the freak outta me.

I dashed to the forums to see what everyone made of this, and no-one seems to be foretelling it from the same angle as my own.

Tatsuya-San, my curiosity as to how you spin this hasn`t been this high in a while. woot woot!
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all the characters it's occurred to me that Tat might bring back, he picks one of the ones that...didn't really occur to me because I didn't find them all that interesting. Oh well.

Yinello wrote:
She could call Amber, but unless we're in a bad soap opera (wait...), I doubt Amber would really do much after all those years.

Time doesn't necessarily pass at the same rate in the strip as it does in "the real world." Besides, like every other character, Amber will do as much as Tat wants her to do...
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Out of all the characters it's occurred to me that Tat might bring back, he picks one of the ones that...didn't really occur to me

Hallelujah.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

the scene opens on a middle-aged housewife. she has just gotten the kids off to school, and is now contemplating the mess they left getting ready. she is about to start today's round of cleaning when the phone rings.
"hello? yes, this is amber. what can i ...i'm sorry, what was that? "crim"? who is .....you mean criminy?? yes......yes, i remember him."
she glances sideways into the mirror, and instinctively pulls in her stomach. not _exactly_ the size she was back then, but with the right clothes it might not be that noticeable. of course, she would never let him see her in this old sweatshirt with the throw-up stains on the shoulder....maybe a quick trip to the hair stylist, they might have something to give her hair a little more life. she tucks a loose strand behind her ear.
"so.....how is he? did you say he mentioned me?"

* "dreams of an everyday housewife" starts playing in the background*
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Yinello wrote:

the scene opens on a middle-aged housewife. she has just gotten the kids off to school, and is now contemplating the mess they left getting ready. she is about to start today's round of cleaning when the phone rings.
"hello? yes, this is amber. what can i ...i'm sorry, what was that? "crim"? who is .....you mean criminy?? yes......yes, i remember him."
she glances sideways into the mirror, and instinctively pulls in her stomach. not _exactly_ the size she was back then, but with the right clothes it might not be that noticeable. of course, she would never let him see her in this old sweatshirt with the throw-up stains on the shoulder....maybe a quick trip to the hair stylist, they might have something to give her hair a little more life. she tucks a loose strand behind her ear.

Well I'm hooked, whens the next episode? *munching popcorn*
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
"dreams of an everyday housewife" starts playing in the background*

Cut to Blue, music changes to K.D.Lang's "Constant Craving" (sorry, no hyperlinks for ya)
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Yinello wrote:

*claws at screen* I NEED MORE!
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Ronald wrote:
Out of all the characters it's occurred to me that Tat might bring back, he picks one of the ones that...didn't really occur to me

Hallelujah.

Uh, what?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm either implying that I'm grateful that the characters you're interested in seeing the return of have not returned, or I'm implying that I'm grateful you did not expect it. Take your pick.

Because Amber is the best. \m/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Well I'm hooked, whens the next episode?

Kind of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridges_of_Madison_County with gender roles reversed Smile

-----

But this issue is just terrific!
Re-looked http://ninja-theatre.com/wiki/2011-11-20_Shift_2
That's kind of emotional combo.

What i think is
1) Blue is starving for Fyoosh company but would not pry about her explicitly
2) still she can stalk Criminy, indirectly learning at lease something about Fyoosh life.
2.1) and keep her "if you even hurt her" oath
2.2) and maybe find out any signs of any coldness between Fyoosh and Crim

3) Fyoosh and Crim suddenly grew up, during their romance. Fyoosh was definitely a child before.
3.1) I think that is the reason Blue is so harsh towards Lime - like in ninja-theatre.com/wiki/2012-05-16_Scowl - her carefree genki behavior is just too like early Fyoosh was, and Blue can hardly bear that "salt to the wound".
3.2) while she patiently waited Fyoosh to grow up, some alien came and *made* her grow. She was true and sincere but... She was too devoted to make Fyoosh even notice something, too self-forgetting. Which is a "sin" for devilgirl she is, BTW.
3.3) It turned out all her patience was worth nothing and never ever would be even noted and acknowledged. Crim easily believed Amber, that it was just a pleasant easy time passing for both. He would never guess that he hurt her (and would be truly surprised to know). Likewise Fyoosh would not know how down is Blue now, unless she would be free again.

Well, devilgirl is not to seek justice, but i think she cannot avoid thought like "unfair". That's what causes those hysterical break-outs sometimes.

-----------

And while surfign for all that i was again puzzled by Lil'E. Devil frankly considers him his offsping, yet Lil'E can go Reality Zone, that even D himself can not. I wonder...
If he is half-devil half-human and only 1st half disappears in RZ, then those succubi also should be able to pass, losing only their hellish features. But they can not.

By the way, encouraging Criminy to open RZ for himself is probably the only way Amber my pull him to herself. And it would be good plot-wise for Criminy to mature and go real. Quite possible it would happen in the long-run. As Fyoosh stood at the RZ borderline she heavily reminded me of Winny the Pooh.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
> Well I'm hooked, whens the next episode?

Since you're new I'll teach you how to do quotes. See that button marked quote above the persons post. Click that then your post automatically starts with the quote tags in the right place for quoting what they said. Want to do more than one quote? No problem. Simply select the other statement you want to say paste it and put [ quote ] and [ / quote ] tags (minus the spaces) around it. Got it? Good Very Happy Welcome to Sinfest. Please keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times and don't feed the Ember
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: