welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Favorite Television
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
DALE DIED?! D:

Spoilers: Dale died. Shane died twice. Herschel got bit. Carl carries firearms now.

I thought I had missed the second episode for a moment. My sense of time is off.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elementary is not Sherlock. Once you get past comparing one to the other, it's an enjoyable show mostly due Lucy Liu' acting.

But it's really not Sherlock...can't wait for season 3.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently rewatched the first two series of Him & Her. Forgot how absolutely fucking brilliant that show is.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:
Recently rewatched the first two series of Him & Her. Forgot how absolutely fucking brilliant that show is.

The timing of this post/ my rewatching Him & Her turned out to be very fortunate as it appears series 3 began airing sunday!

watch. this. show. seriously, one of my all time favorites on tv right now.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elementary is great because lucy liu is actually a LEAD and she isn't stuck in the same old bullshit role-leading

In practically any other serial, liu would be the 'frigid girl that the main character has to thaw out'
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm watching Supernatural which is a hysterically bad idea on all accounts. I'm a gigantic coward and apparently scare easily but now that I've started I CAN'T STOP AGH.

The funny part is I'm probably gunna go grab a doll or two to keep me company and for anyone else that would just be like nightmare icing but I guess I'm a special snowflake like that.
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only hysterically bad idea with supernatural is: watching past season 6
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, it gets bad?

I mean, it's got issues now, which I won't rant about, but its still good despite that.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was told by a few people that it was originally supposed to end with season 5, and everything afterwards is horrible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an arc that it travels through. It starts to get better and better, then it caps the arc, and carries everything to a pretty satisfactory resolution, and then ...

... it keeps going past the satisfactory resolution, with all the writers of said satisfactory resolution having mostly departed, just to whore out the general concept of the tv show endlessly
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general I have to say I am an expert at quitting tv shows. it's a vital skill in this day and age.

I cut my teeth on such hallowed ground as Heroes (which I should have quit after season 1 but foolishly stuck with for season 3) and Battlestar Galactica (which I should have quit at dead last at seaon 3 when I realized that the show had stopped having any characters as time goes on. The plot has become so detached from character motivations that everyone appears to be behaving largely randomly)
Willem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys watched Treme so far, but you should. It's hard to get into and while it shares similarities with The Wire, it's still a wholly unique and excellent show. Can't believe how much it's grown on me. The third season just finished and there's a shortened fourth coming up.

watchit watchit watchit watchit
Yorick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
There is an arc that it travels through. It starts to get better and better, then it caps the arc, and carries everything to a pretty satisfactory resolution, and then ...

... it keeps going past the satisfactory resolution, with all the writers of said satisfactory resolution having mostly departed, just to whore out the general concept of the tv show endlessly

so, you don't like the idea of watching ridiculous "we hide our true selves from each other" brotherly angst for two more years? Very Happy

I love the show, still, even tho I know it's become such a train wreck. Frankly, it's because I love monster shows, I enjoy the standalones more than the continuity episodes.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
In general I have to say I am an expert at quitting tv shows. it's a vital skill in this day and age.

I cut my teeth on such hallowed ground as Heroes (which I should have quit after season 1 but foolishly stuck with for season 3) and Battlestar Galactica (which I should have quit at dead last at seaon 3 when I realized that the show had stopped having any characters as time goes on. The plot has become so detached from character motivations that everyone appears to be behaving largely randomly)

I watched Heroes till the very end, but at least I quit The Walking Dead after the first season. And ignored How I met your mother after the fifth season.

Quitting bad shows isn't really a problem. Quitting shows that aren't really all that bad but which you know will never get a second season though....

mouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye, there's the rub.

i've practically given up any kind of continuity show. either it gets killed just after i really get into the story, or it runs off into all sorts of weird places, and if you miss even one show, you have no idea what is going on. and about half of the time, the sudden thing that you don't get is the appearance of the evil undead. i mean, seriously - is this a common problem that i have somehow remained unaware of, that creatures from horror movies are walking among us? (that said, i do check in on "Grimm" periodically.)

HBO series are about all i watch - treme, of course, and boardwalk empire, at the moment. but i blame hbo for the trend in recent years for short seasons and wide gaps between seasons so you never know if the show is coming back again or not (like "mad men" - is that coming back? sometime? how about "hell on wheels", which had about a 4-episode season earlier this year?)

i seem to be totally hooked on ncis, in part because a) the cast is pretty stable; b) it generally doesn't matter what order you see the shows in; and c) there are no zombies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 50 of 54

Jump to: