welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-26-10 Tran State: The Final Cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But why should she give him a chance if not only has she already given him a few chances, but is rather uninterested in giving it another shot?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
Holocauxt wrote:
Then Slick slips into the Trans State and ignores Manique.

Reversal of roles.

Hilarity ensues.

But then maybe it will teach Monique some humility so when she goes back to being a girl she gives Slick a chance

No just an idealist. One can dream right?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should she "give slick a chance" she's clearly not attracted to him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:

Only within set boundaries. For insurance purposes.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
But why should she give him a chance if not only has she already given him a few chances, but is rather uninterested in giving it another shot?
Sad but true. Every time 'Nique let Slick get close, one of two things happen: (A) He screws it up, or (B) An outside force screws it up, and she blames him for it.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:

Only within set boundaries. For insurance purposes.

Sorry I tend to like the opposites attract theory and people overcoming their differences, growing in nature to end up together. After all look at Crim and Fuschia. But yes of course. No Monique for Slick, ever ever ever.
Fuzzles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Green/Fern/whatever we're calling her needs to find Storytime Zombie.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzzles wrote:

It would be interesting to see how they interact but I think if that did happen Storytime would probably not be interested because he seems to be mainly after the stories and Fern doesn't strike me as much of a reader (being a stereotypical bimbo and all) so they'd probably clash.
sunember123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She read that Rad Fem book Glossy gave her, despite not being a feminist at all. So I guess she's really an avid reader, it's just that she doesn't have any book to read Razz
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunember123 wrote:
She read that Rad Fem book Glossy gave her, despite not being a feminist at all. So I guess she's really an avid reader, it's just that she doesn't have any book to read Razz

Damn I forgot about the fem book. That'll teach me to stereotype characters based on appearance.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Sorry I tend to like the opposites attract theory and people overcoming their differences, growing in nature to end up together. After all look at Crim and Fuschia. But yes of course. No Monique for Slick, ever ever ever.

Yeah, I like that too. Why else do you think I like Slick/Glossy? But really. I don't think humility is what's required (from Nique) for them to possibly become an item since Nique is capable of showing humility at times and she should improve that but more importantly it's Slick who needs to make a major change. You know, if a girl isn't interested the dude should respect her wishes and leave her the fuck alone about it. Not only is it obnoxious, but it's also pretty creepy and inconsiderate of Slick to keep practically harassing her about making out "post-patriarchal sexy-times" and the likes. It's also kinda creepy of him to act the same way towards women he doesn't know. Since if there's one thing I know, is that it makes a lot of women feel unsafe. Of course, it's unlikely that any of them feel genuinely threatened by his presence, but probably quite uncomfortable. Since, you know, most of the time he's not really seeing a person with thoughts and feelings just like him, he's seeing someone he can ogle and possibly be with if he's lucky. And that's what needs to change.

When someone says no, you gotta respect that. Seems kinda seems familiar, doesn't it?

If they're going to get together, Slick's going to need to give up on the fantasy of being with Nique, which he has already deemed as impossible before, move on, get over himself and actually grow the fuck up.

Fuzzles wrote:

That'd be super cute, holy shit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean humility in the sense of her bowing down before Slick but maybe seeing his POV and experiencing the mind of a guy might give her more insight into why he says and does such things so that she's willing to give him another chance, to me it doesn't seem so much that she's definately not interested in him, it's more than he's not ready for her yet, she's a level he's yet to attain. But you're right he does have a lot of growing up to do before that'll happen. But then if he grows up he'll stop being Slick and all the 'the old comics were better' complainers will crawl back out of the woodwork to bash Tat for expanding on a character in depth of personality. Coz you know, god forbid!
Arioch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing, it seems that Tat rather considers Slick supporting Nique than other way around

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3758

But Slick cannot get out of his very black and white "that looks cool / that looks pathetic" ideas for most of the times. He's too eager to take any warmth or trust ad advantage to be immediately exploited.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
I don't mean humility in the sense of her bowing down before Slick but maybe seeing his POV and experiencing the mind of a guy might give her more insight into why he says and does such things so that she's willing to give him another chance

so why is it _her_ responsibility to understand his point of view and give him a second chance? why is it not his responsibility to see _her_ point of view, understand why he's being creepy, and so deserve a second chance?

it's not like they hate each other, or anything. they hang out, they like each other - she just doesn't want to have to service a walking pile of hormones on demand. and understanding that he is sometimes a walking pile of hormones is really not a reason to just give in to him.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
I don't mean humility in the sense of her bowing down before Slick but maybe seeing his POV and experiencing the mind of a guy might give her more insight into why he says and does such things so that she's willing to give him another chance

so why is it _her_ responsibility to understand his point of view and give him a second chance? why is it not his responsibility to see _her_ point of view, understand why he's being creepy, and so deserve a second chance?

it's not like they hate each other, or anything. they hang out, they like each other - she just doesn't want to have to service a walking pile of hormones on demand. and understanding that he is sometimes a walking pile of hormones is really not a reason to just give in to him.

They both need to see eye to eye, thats the truth of the matter, neither one or the other has complete responsability or exclusion from blame of the situation. I just meant that if she understands his motives it might help. At the very least she'd be more experienced at diffusing the situation and manouvering it the proper way. But look I'm not saying Nique is wrong so you all don't have to jump to her defense or anything. I'm just saying if she understands what motivates Slick to do and say those stupid guy things she might have a little more sympathy for his idiocy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: