welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-11-04 Flying With The Immortals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bitflipper



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 728
Location: Here and Now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
ok but completely nonsexual tat/death would actually be kind of cute, just saying...

Ask, and ye shall receive...


...and more. And, you're right; it was a pretty cute arc.
_________________
I am only a somewhat arbitrary sequence of raised and lowered voltages to which your mind insists upon assigning meaning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we can take relief in knowing Death has a sense of humour sometimes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitflipper



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 728
Location: Here and Now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
At least we can take relief in knowing Death has a sense of humour sometimes.

True, but, are you sure you want the Incarnation of Mortality to be a practical joker?
_________________
I am only a somewhat arbitrary sequence of raised and lowered voltages to which your mind insists upon assigning meaning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10658
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Arioch wrote:
Little helping is that in russian tradition (and probably slavic in general) Death is female. Though a boney kind of Smile


That might be, and theres been comic interpretations of a female death too. But I'm fairly certain Tat intended his Death to be male. Or as male as an immortal entity without reproductive organs can be.


I prefer this one (namely 'cuz we're likely to see her in a future Avengers movie)


_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10952
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is she wearing, wet silk? Looks uncomfortable.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10658
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's got killer abs too! (yeah, that was a horrible, horrible joke)
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
What is she wearing, wet silk? Looks uncomfortable.

My wife has some things that cling to her like that, and depending, some of she thinks is the most comfortable thing in the world and some of it the worst nightmare from hell.

Though if not that, the figure definitely has a wet quality to it's design. But that goes for all comic based things. The only way to see that many muscles through Thanos's clothing. Haha. I can vouch for artists. We like drawing anatomy, muscles, etc where you wouldn't see it otherwise. I know I personally can't help it. Subjective reality.
Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sunember123



Joined: 12 Jul 2012
Posts: 185

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
At least we can take relief in knowing Death has a sense of humour sometimes.

True, but, are you sure you want the Incarnation of Mortality to be a practical joker?


Yep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunember123 wrote:
bitflipper wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
At least we can take relief in knowing Death has a sense of humour sometimes.

True, but, are you sure you want the Incarnation of Mortality to be a practical joker?


Yep.


If it's Heath Ledger then I agree with sunember123. He can do whatever he wants with me after I die Wink Wink Laughing

And yes I'm aware thats massive necrophilia but meh, it's his fault for going and dying on his fangirls Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17588
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:

I'm starting to wonder about Sinfest Jesus though. He didn't even wave. He didn't try to save Tat. He didn't land to see if Tat was okay or needed help or comfort. We never see him helping anyone.


well, tat did land in the reality zone.... we know the devil doesn't go in there, we haven't seen any other supernatural beings go in there (except devil chicks, and it doesn't seem to work out well for them).

and face it - steampunk jesus is definitely not biblical canon. he might be looking at a bad crash landing himself.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17588
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
Arioch wrote:
Little helping is that in russian tradition (and probably slavic in general) Death is female. Though a boney kind of Smile


That might be, and theres been comic interpretations of a female death too. But I'm fairly certain Tat intended his Death to be male. Or as male as an immortal entity without reproductive organs can be.


I prefer this one (namely 'cuz we're likely to see her in a future Avengers movie)



she is definitely not the boney kind. except possibly for the hip bones. which lead me to imagine a very uncomfortable sort of body underneath all that black - all well-fleshed, except with visible hip bones.

please, no one, attempt to draw that.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Meddler



Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 1600
Location: On the sunny side of the street

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that Death speaks in all caps. Does this mean that he also has an umbrella stand in his mansion?
_________________
WARNING: Microwave musclebear detection devices in use on these premises!
Flavius Maximus wrote:
Dick Detector: Carpenters call them Stud Finders Very Happy

Click here to see my artwork!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10952
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
Arioch wrote:
Little helping is that in russian tradition (and probably slavic in general) Death is female. Though a boney kind of Smile


That might be, and theres been comic interpretations of a female death too. But I'm fairly certain Tat intended his Death to be male. Or as male as an immortal entity without reproductive organs can be.


I prefer this one (namely 'cuz we're likely to see her in a future Avengers movie)



she is definitely not the boney kind. except possibly for the hip bones. which lead me to imagine a very uncomfortable sort of body underneath all that black - all well-fleshed, except with visible hip bones.

please, no one, attempt to draw that.

I'm curious about her pose. In the third frame it looks like the outer margin of her hips is parallel with the outer margin of her breast, meaning she's doing some kind of pelvic thrust. Plus her torso is leaning to the left, over her left hip, but her left leg is bent. Does that seem stable? Maybe she's just mid-stride. You know, the walking pelvic thrust that women do.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group