welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yes, yes, we all love Tat, but please.... no creepy stalking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: yes, yes, we all love Tat, but please.... no creepy stalking Reply with quote

This rant is not directed to any one specific person/group/subforum but I've noticed it's been mentioned somewhat frequently over the past few years, so I'm throwing my two cents for anyone new enough not to have been around since it came up last time.

Tat's a private sort of dude. he'll step in if there is a serious issue on the forums and seems glad to answer any pertinent sinfest relate questions through email (i.e. registration issues, account adjustments, etc.) My opinion (and it is just that: my opinion) is that if he wanted to socialize with questionably functional sociopathic fans, he probably would do so. The fact tat he doesn't makes it clear (at least to me) that this is probably the case. If he doesn't want to socialize with a bunch of strangers on the internet that's his prerogative (I would be the same way if I wasn't so damned bored). Just let him have his privacy: he produces amazing work on a daily basis, it's the reason we are all here now, so if you would like to demonstrate your appreciation/ fandom, don't go stalking about the internet, rather show your appreciation by helping to support sinfest financially so that we will always have it and the community which sprung up as result of it. Granted I have no money either, but since I'm broke and yet will easily blow $30 at a bar in one night, but if I end up passing on getting trashed that night it's almost like free money so I try to give sinfest $10 or so every month or so. I know it's not much but it's what I ca afford at this time.

Addendum: If I misconstrued, misinterpreted, or down right misunderstood any of this or offended anyone who may have made a post which may be applicable, whether intentional or not, then I apologize. If this is the case, please PM me your home address/ meeting place of your choosing and I'll do my best to arrive there in a timely manner so that you can punch me in the face.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, where is this coming from?

My pet theory BTW is that Tat interacts through the forum via an alt account. It would make sense because a) he gets to keep his privacy, b) he gets to interact with people still c) he doesn't risk alienating anyone and can speak more freely about what's on his mind.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yorick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's been mentioned? I don't follow. Stalking? I've never heard or seen any evidence of stalking. Lots of speculation that T reads the forums, but no stalking.

Or are YOU a stalker?
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone mentioned something about Twitter but I think it was merely in passing/joking. Don't recall anyone seriously wanting to stalk Tat.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I said, this was not precipitated by anyone individual nor any pasts posts. every couple of years. I just figure that he is probably learns toward being on the introverted end of the spectrum (much like myslf, as I only post when stoned or) but basically Tat provides us a well drawn comic everyday so there is much point in complaining that when he is not more sociable with us.

and no, this was not precipitated by the posted expressing interest on following him in twitter. But if this still doesn't clear things then the ,invitation to pounce me in the face is still available.

Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't tell me not to express my love for Tat! If he didn't love me, why does he send me coded messages in all of his strips? Don't tell me you can't see them? It's obvious he's writing to me through the characters! Those other people better back off! He's mine!

There, now you have a reason to make this thread.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on your poorly communicated non-issue.

please, make more threads!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 Dennis ♥♥
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, we all love Dennis, but NO CREEPY STALKING.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey now - the only reason i work is to save my pennies so i can go to australia and stalk dennis in person.

you have just deprived my life of meaning.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea! why don't we let this poorly communicated thread about a non-issue die because god knows what my state was when I wrote this and already felt sufficiently like an ass after seeing it the next day before having read the comments.
and dennis, that was a masterful insult. sarcastic, succinct, and just disdainful enough to be insulting yet clearly communicating that it/I wasn't worth devoting any actual energy on.

^sincere compliment, by the way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Forum Guidelines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: