welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I hope this thread kills itself (a disscussion on suicide)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
right-to-die/assisted suicide will be the law of the land probably by the time we are old. It's another one of those 'just a matter of time' issues where changing demographics removes any real opposition to the idea.

Yes, giving the government yet another legal way to remove people of interest from the picture is a brilliant idea.

Cause there's no such thing as a corrupt doctor.

Nope.

Quote:
Oh yea, that whistleblower was simply in too much pain.

He had to be put down.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Is that why I grind my teeth and have TMJ? Hmm. I didn't know about that particular symptom.

Well, maybe not that direct a link to depression, but TMJ is usually a reaction to stress.You clench your jaw muscles and keep them clenched. You probably don't even feel yourself doing it most of the time. Sometimes I don't know what is simply stress and what is depression in myself.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sam wrote:
right-to-die/assisted suicide will be the law of the land probably by the time we are old. It's another one of those 'just a matter of time' issues where changing demographics removes any real opposition to the idea.

Yes, giving the government yet another legal way to remove people of interest from the picture is a brilliant idea.

Nope.

Quote:

He had to be put down.

Jesus fucking christ, put down the crack pipe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: I can guess. Reply with quote

You act as if that shit doesn't happen monkey.

There's plenty of dead hackers out there who "committed suicide."

Those types have very complex personalities you know.

Who could possibly know what they were thinking during their final thoughts?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crack pipe....down.....nao

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't we agree that we weren't going to talk to Thy when he says stupid crazy shit like that
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(hacker)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagbard_(Karl_Koch)

I could easily find 2 with one simple google search.

But hey, it's just stupid crazy shit, right?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEHNEHNEHHABABABABABABASHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Crack....Pipe.....Down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
So we are _only_ addressing suicide in chronic physical conditions, not mental ones right?? Or are we saying that metal and physical pain are the same?

The only experience I have with suicide is due to mental illness. My aunt killed herself with alcohol. My adopted aunt shot herself in the head. My mom has tried in the long ago past and fights the urges pretty frequently. The idea has certainly crossed my mind. Finding a medicine that works is darn difficult. Knowing that there is another state of mind to strive for is downright impossible (which makes fighting side effects feel like it isn't worth it).

I have no problem with Death with Dignity for physical pain because we know enough about it to know if something is going to help (of course there are new drugs but again, we have a better understanding of the physical body). We have no clue about the mind and that makes me upset.

I think you have to make a distinction between mental pain and mental illness. As it happens I am just reading a couple articles for a test on euthanasia.

A lot of terminal illnesses come with mental pain too. Advanced dementia and some brain-tumours for example. Hell, knowing you're going to die probably leads to a lot of mental anguish itself anyway.

Anyway, whatever I just said aside, mental illness can't really qualify for euthanasia since there is way to tell if the request is wellreasoned and willing.

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sam wrote:

Nope.

Quote:

He had to be put down.

Eiden wrote:
"Thy: We do not trust you have a credible overall understanding of this subject and we are not interested in hearing your interpretations".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Willem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

Nope.

Quote:

He had to be put down.

Thy, I'm going to put this in the most simple terms I can muster so you'll be sure to understand it:

You're talking about murder that's covered up as suicide by the government. We're talking about actual suicide which the government has literally no say in - if it were to become legal.

We're talking about the immense pain and suffering that we force people to live in, even though they themselves just want to die with dignity. You're talking about the government - instead of just having that person killed and covering it up - using assisted suicide laws - in a way no such law will ever be written - to kill hackers.

We're talking about euthanasia and suicide, you're talking about something completely different and completely irrelevant to the subject itself. By doing this, you're not only disrespecting the people who actually use this thread for discussing euthanasia and suicide, you're also disrespecting the people who suffer each day because we as a society have decided they must. If you want to continue posting weirdly formatted paranoid posts, make your own thread. Get the fuck out.

That said, Finnegan, I think you made a mistake in throwing up both euthanasia and regular suicide for discussion. Euthanasia is a straight up good thing which everybody should have access to. Suicide is a symptom or the result of mental anguish or a mental illness that must be prevented if at all possible - in that it has to be stopped and that the person attempting or contemplating it should be helped to get rid of those feelings. They're two very different subjects and they should be treated as thus.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this was mis-placed:

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
http://www.julijonasurbonas.lt/p/euthanasia-coaster/

“Euthanasia Coaster” is a hypothetic euthanasia machine in the form of a roller coaster, engineered to humanely – with elegance and euphoria – take the life of a human being. Riding the coaster’s track, the rider is subjected to a series of intensive motion elements that induce various unique experiences: from euphoria to thrill, and from tunnel vision to loss of consciousness, and, eventually, death.

On an unrelated note: HEY AZMOTEN!!!!! GLAD TO SEE YOU STILL AROUND!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please please please please

sinfest

stop responding to thy. stop engaging him in debate. stop indulging his lunacy. he has nothing to contribute on any subject. there is nothing he can say that will be insightful or interesting, there is nothing you can say that will prompt him to say 'oh, I was wrong. sorry'

just stop. please?

love john x
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is where I admit to loving John and nodding my head and also where I ask Azmoten to Aw n'mind ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:

http://www.julijonasurbonas.lt/p/euthanasia-coaster/

“Euthanasia Coaster” is a hypothetic euthanasia machine in the form of a roller coaster, engineered to humanely – with elegance and euphoria – take the life of a human being. Riding the coaster’s track, the rider is subjected to a series of intensive motion elements that induce various unique experiences: from euphoria to thrill, and from tunnel vision to loss of consciousness, and, eventually, death.

I gotta say I find the idea of a lethal rollercoaster rather disquieting. Mainly because I like rollercoasters, and now I'm never going to be able to ride one without thinking about suddenly blacking out and dying. >.<"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: