welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wii U Death Vigil (again)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 443, 444, 445  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anybody playing DayZ? It looks very interesting.
Mini J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have. It's fun. Sometimes you don't see anyone for ages, and you just dodge and avoid zombies. Turned a corner, ran into someone, and it startled me so much I accidentally fired my gun; he then slaughtered me. The remaining lives I've played mostly wound up with me being eaten by zombies. Once I managed to bleed out on the beach from a zombie bite. Also managed to die falling off a roof.

I suppose the moral is, you die a lot, and it's hard to be successful.

The worst thing about it is the head bob and other movements are really pronounced, it really set off my motion sickness. But if that's not a problem for you, then no worries!
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game looks so unforgiving. Days/weeks of play gets erased in a moment over a minor error, or even things beyond your control. I saw a guy snipe someone from 700 meters away. Brutal.
Gibson22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
The game looks so unforgiving. Days/weeks of play gets erased in a moment over a minor error, or even things beyond your control. I saw a guy snipe someone from 700 meters away. Brutal.

I do love games like that, though. My most favorite game ever is "Azure Dreams". It's the most obscure dungeon exploring game ever, but I never had so much fun. If you pass out during an adventure you lose all the equipment you have powered up for hours.

I couldn't do marathon with XCom though...way too difficult. I'd break too many controllers by throwing them. O_O
absoluthoyt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DayZ is a fantastic comment ruined by hackers and crashed servers. Once the stand alone is done I hope it will be worth playing again.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
is anybody playing DayZ? It looks very interesting.

my brother plays it with our roommate, they love it. I don't get it though.

Seems pretty much like this:

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.

Humble Indie Bundle for Android (and Mac/Win/Lin) 4. Less than a week left, though. I would have linked sooner, but honestly the first round of games just didn't appeal to me at all. Because I already own a lot of them through previous bundles. Actually it's the same with the new wave of games that were just thrown in the other day.

They be needing some fresh blood up in here, yo.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAn I was so pissed to learn that Lego Lord of the Rings was pushed back, again, for the third time. Fuckin' Gamestop didn't even announce it. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini J wrote:
I have. It's fun. Sometimes you don't see anyone for ages, and you just dodge and avoid zombies. Turned a corner, ran into someone, and it startled me so much I accidentally fired my gun; he then slaughtered me. The remaining lives I've played mostly wound up with me being eaten by zombies. Once I managed to bleed out on the beach from a zombie bite. Also managed to die falling off a roof.

I suppose the moral is, you die a lot, and it's hard to be successful.

uh, yeah. I think I've died 9-10 times so far. The average life expectancy, according to this, is 1 hour 9 minutes. Most of my lives have ended 10-15 minutes in. My longest life has been about 40 minutes, 37 of which was spent crawling on the road after falling through a lighthouse rail guard and breaking my leg (I didn't realise it was possible to respawn if your legs are broken).

At no point have I found a weapon or provisions. I haven't even managed to find an explorable building before coming to the attention of at least one walker. It's frustrating. I'm so shit Sad
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want one of these Z games to get past alpha level functionality
Mini J

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far my biggest success was stumbling across a shotgun and one bottle of soda. Sadly, within about 45 seconds of finding the shotgun is when I was startled by the other player, and died. The only saving grace is that the sounds of the gunfire attracted all the local zombies, so his name appeared on the dead list about 30 seconds after mine.

I think the standalone may be better; I like the concept, but find the execution a bit frustrating.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does [the Raspberry Pi] run Minecraft? Well, since you asked...
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THQ is having a pay-what-you-want sale ($1 minimum) with the option to donate some/all of your payment to the American Red Cross and Child's Play. The games are Saints Row the Third, Darskiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, Company of Heroes, CoH: Opposing Fronts, and CoH: Tales of Valor. You also soundtracks.

It's a Steam-only sale, but it's not being offered through Steam. Instead it's being done through the Humble Bundle crew for some reason. Even though the games are neither cross-platform nor DRM-free, and THQ is not exactly an indie studio.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four more THQ games have been added to the bundle if you pay more than average, including Warhammer 40K Dawn of War GOtY Edition.
Two days left to pull the trigger if you're still on the fence.
CTrees

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And purchased. Those bonus games... Definitely one of the cooler Humble Bundles (from my perspective).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 443, 444, 445  Next
Page 346 of 445

Jump to: