welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The GOP and friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always love the signoff "may god continue to bless the united states of america". why are they so sure god hasn't blessed us with obama's election?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/strip-citizenship-everyone-who-signed-petition-secede-and-exile-them/ZbMjcwPf
Quote:
Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede and Exile Them

Mr. President, please sign an executive order such that each American citizen who signed a petition from any state to secede from the USA shall have their citizenship stripped and be peacefully deported.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have gone batshit insane of the election results:

Colorado man charged with threatening to kill Obama
Quote:
DENVER (Reuters) - A Colorado man was charged on Tuesday in federal court with threatening to kill U.S. President Barack Obama during an October campaign visit, and court documents showed that he told investigators that he has had daily homicidal fantasies for years.

Mitchell Kusick, 20, was ordered held on a charge of making threats against the president pending a bond hearing in U.S. District Court in Denver on Friday.

A U.S. Secret Service affidavit unsealed on Tuesday also showed that Kusick, who was arrested on Friday, "made credible threats and took steps" toward shooting and killing children at a trick-or-treat Halloween event sponsored by a Denver-area high school.

Some, even moreso:

Arizona woman runs down husband with car for not voting
Quote:
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i propose we make Arizona our Yucca Mountain For Crazy People

when it reaches critical mass we break out the nukes
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm, if it's reached critical mass you wouldn't need to
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never cease to be amazed at how seriously Americans take their president. Even to the point where they ignore that he's been around for 4 years and the world didn't end.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Some people have gone batshit insane of the election results:

Colorado man charged with threatening to kill Obama
Quote:
DENVER (Reuters) - A Colorado man was charged on Tuesday in federal court with threatening to kill U.S. President Barack Obama during an October campaign visit, and court documents showed that he told investigators that he has had daily homicidal fantasies for years.

Mitchell Kusick, 20, was ordered held on a charge of making threats against the president pending a bond hearing in U.S. District Court in Denver on Friday.

A U.S. Secret Service affidavit unsealed on Tuesday also showed that Kusick, who was arrested on Friday, "made credible threats and took steps" toward shooting and killing children at a trick-or-treat Halloween event sponsored by a Denver-area high school.

Some, even moreso:

Arizona woman runs down husband with car for not voting
Quote:
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday.

I propose we put the whole state of Colorado (sorry Sam) on anti-depressants or antipsychotic meds.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh also, there's this:

http://gawker.com/5960453/florida-man-angry-over-election-results-writes-fuck-obama-on-his-will-before-taking-his-own-life

That'll teach Obama. Now, if only more people upset with his re-election could do this. Oh woops, did I say that out loud? Wink
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Dems were upset when GW was president, but I don't remember people going to such lengths (although maybe it just wasn't reported).
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obama from day one has gotten a lot more death threats than previous presidents. so it sure ain't just that he's a democrat.

i should start a list of companies that are actually, even now, letting employees go or cutting back their hours, because a second obama administration is going to bring about an economic holocaust (so far, there is a coal-mining company, Applebee's and Papa John's Pizza, i believe). it's like all the confederate states that seceded before lincoln was even inaugurated - you couldn't even wait to see if all the stuff you predict (or rather, faux news predicts) is going to come true? there is nothing about the last 4 years that justifies this level of doom and gloom.

oh, wait - this article lists them. along with other instanced of non-clinical insanity.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

romney has figured out why he lost - it's because obama showered the electorate with gifts!
Quote:
“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free health care, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity, I mean, this is huge,” he said.

and clearly utterly self-serving on obama's part - why would anyone care if poor people get sick?

those tax cuts for his rich friends, those were in no way 'gifts'. totally, totally different thing.

good news to everyone who was worried mitt might have to start dealing with reality - he's still firmly in the bubble!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Ryan: I knew we lost when it was obvious that we had lost (I may be paraphrasing)
Quote:
"I'll let the pundits decide exactly how he won," says Ryan. "The point is, he got more votes than we did. That's how he won."

Also, top GOP wonks say Romney was just 'too vague' Rolling Eyes
Quote:
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Top Republicans meeting for the first time since Election Day say the party failed to unseat President Barack Obama because nominee Mitt Romney did not respond to criticism strongly enough or outline a specific agenda with a broad appeal.

In conversations at the Republican Governors Association meeting in Las Vegas, a half dozen party leaders predicted the GOP will lose again if it keeps running the same playbook based on platitudes in place of detailed policies. Instead, these leaders asserted, the party needs to learn the lessons from its loss, respect voters' savvy and put forward an agenda that appeals beyond the white, male voters who are its base.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Top Republicans meeting for the first time since Election Day say the party failed to unseat President Barack Obama because nominee Mitt Romney did not respond to criticism strongly enough or outline a specific agenda with a broad appeal.

In conversations at the Republican Governors Association meeting in Las Vegas, a half dozen party leaders predicted the GOP will lose again if it keeps running the same playbook based on platitudes in place of detailed policies. Instead, these leaders asserted, the party needs to learn the lessons from its loss, respect voters' savvy and put forward an agenda that appeals beyond the white, male voters who are its base.

Permit me to be even more candid than usual: these people are glossing, and it makes them sound to fucking imbeciles to people who have actually studied the actuarial effects of their socioeconomic message, policy, and effective governance since GWB. It is likely that they have full access to the information that shows that their platform has been rendered wholly toxic to young voters of every stripe and wholly toxic to all minority groups and that the group that previously floated their national electoral governing power — an over-65 demo of primarily white males, bolstered with a shortening evangelical core — is vanishing and being replaced with the expanding voting habits of people who are moving into the reliable post-35 age grouping, as well as the completely ruined prospects they have with "the poors, latins, ghettos, and urbans"

Jesus fucking christ it is actually happening. They are unable to put data-based policy at the rudder. The tea party is a ruinous element. The death spiral I talked about four years ago is ALREADY HAPPENING what my god that is so much faster than I anticipated.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of death spirals: for those who are unaware of it, filibustering is a senate rule, and it can be changed at the beginning of the new congress. a group of young senators want to change it. at the moment, they are talking about returning it to what it once was - a good old, mr. smith-goes-to-washington, stand-up-and-talk thing.

anyway, there's a petition, if you want to sign it: http://www.reformthefilibuster.com

this might make the republicans realize that they are actually the minority in the senate, and maybe they will start recognizing the value of compromise.

granted, they do also have to realize the value of reality, but baby steps, baby steps.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More news of Republicans stating the obvious:
http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-gop-needs-times-131006853--election.html
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — To hear some Republicans tell it, the Grand Old Party needs to get with the times.

Some of the early prescriptions offered by officials and operatives to rebuild after devastating elections: retool the party message to appeal to Latinos, women and working-class people; upgrade antiquated get-out-the-vote systems with the latest technology. Teach candidates how to handle the new media landscape.

From longtime GOP luminaries to the party's rising stars, almost everyone asked about the Republicans' Nov. 6 election drubbing seems to agree that a wholesale update is necessary for a party that appears to be running years behind Democrats in adapting to rapidly changing campaigns and an evolving electorate. Interviews with more than a dozen Republicans at all levels of the party indicated that postelection soul-searching must quickly turn into a period of action.

"We've got to have a very brutally honest review from stem to stern of what we did and what we didn't do, and what worked and what failed," said former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, who ran the party in the 1990s. The party "has to modernize in a whole wide range of ways," added former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who ran against White House nominee Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential primary. "We were clearly wrong on a whole range of fronts."

To determine what went wrong, the Republican National Committee is examining every detail of the 2012 elections, with the goal of rebuilding the party for the future — much as the Democratic Party did in the 1980s after suffering a series of stinging losses at all levels of government.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: