welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

11/13 Winter is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arioch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
But I have as much right to be on the thread as you suppose you do, so you can't tell me to get off it just because

I don't *tell* you, i don't even *suggest* you, i just humbly remind you of the option you could forget.

And to compare - you do tell me what i may and what i may not speak about, while you're hardly in position to give me orders.

You dislike this thread but you continuing to read it time and again like an addict.
That is not rational thoughtful behavior that civilized westerners should be good at.

Snow savage like me can keep himself calm and time and again repeat the links and explanations. Civilized, well-behaving, rational and all that westerners i'd expect to at least be on the same level.
OTOH, if one would think of chewing gum, it would hint him that actually it is the opposite, those are savage trait to be stoic and reserved, not the civilization trait...

We have one more running joke (no pun intended, just a quote):
The mice pricked themselves, screamed, but went on eating cactus

On the previous page there was a post by Miss M, and it was TL;DR for me. So i just skipped it and felt fine.

The person claiming my posts are itchy for her, yet persistently reading them to each letter, just casts doubts about her consistensy.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary I like the thread, I just don't like anything you post. But fine, I'll ignore anything you type and then we won't have a problem.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so in other words, Arioch is a troll

good to know
Arioch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Good try, when you have nothing to say on topic.

Succubus1982 wrote:
On the contrary I like the thread, I just don't like anything you post.

The topic itself died on 2nd page, all the rest was a mix of discussing languages with me with attempts to shut me up by some polite and liberal people.

Now i have to think that you kept reading pages 3 till 7 just because you liked first two ? Amusing. But well, i would believe you, why not.

Last edited by Arioch on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how you whine about "ad hominems" after pulling bullshit like this

Quote:
You dislike this thread but you continuing to read it time and again like an addict.
That is not rational thoughtful behavior that civilized westerners should be good at.

Snow savage like me can keep himself calm and time and again repeat the links and explanations. Civilized, well-behaving, rational and all that westerners i'd expect to at least be on the same level.
OTOH, if one would think of chewing gum, it would hint him that actually it is the opposite, those are savage trait to be stoic and reserved, not the civilization trait...
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the topic is now "is Arioch a troll?"

i say yes

BEGIN
Arioch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after multiple insults on previous pages i only discuss what people do (and they do do it, those are observable facts). I do not put my words into others mouths, i don't let myself tagging and calling names.

If we both would get watered by a car riding by, i would say like "ShadowCell got wet" and you would say "Arioch is dirty pig".

I would say "thos words are improper" and you woudl say "shut up!"

But it is me who is troll, and you probably think your self like hero to the rescue? At least that should be very comfort way of thinking, hope you enjoy it.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
I do not put my words into others mouths, i don't let myself tagging and calling names.

followed by

Quote:
If we both would get watered by a car riding by, i would say like "ShadowCell got wet" and you would say "Arioch is dirty pig".

I would say "thos words are improper" and you woudl say "shut up!"

is hilarious
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

protip: if you choose to express yourself in a language in which you are not fluent, and fluent speakers of said language correct you on the connotations and meanings of a word you used, you pretty much have two options:

a) ignore them and tell them what the words in their language mean even though they know their language better than you

or b) accept it, correct yourself, and move on

'cuz i mean golly gee willikers i would look positively daft if i presumed to lecture Arioch about what Russian words mean even though i can speak Russian about as well as Google Translate, even though i don't live in Russia, even though i am completely ignorant of the cultural context in which Russian words reside

y'know?

and then if Russian people take offense at my continued incorrect use of Russian words and my boundless arrogance in presuming to lecture them about their own language when i clearly don't know it as well as they do, spilling out specious reasoning and questionable understanding of the issue all the while, and my response to that is condescendingly dismissing them and then hypocritically caterwauling when i'm called out on it, why, i'd have to be downright kooky to be surprised when some people start to think i'm a dick

and then if i insist that i don't put words in people's mouths while in that very same post putting words in people's mouths...well, you get the idea
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
the topic is now "is Arioch a troll?"

i say yes

BEGIN

He's almost as good at avoiding the topic as Ember was. Just our luck.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Добро пожаловать на форум, товарищ. Желаем вам приятного отдыха.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*yawn*
w/e

Arioch seems to be well-intentioned enough
he's okay as far as I'm concerned
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's just great!
Gibson22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short but sweet version, Arioc: your choice of word was fine. There is a more suitable word, probably. But it basically meant the same thing you meant to convey. The word I would probably use was "he mellowed her" or "he changed/softened her heart".

That is the great, scary and amazing thing about language. You speak with your intent and what you mean to say, but invariably it will be heard by someone with their own thoughts and intents and they will act upon them. Those intents will range from curious, friendly, harsh, charged for debate, or seeking offense. Usually you can tell the easily offended by whether or not they blow up in the next post or not.

So, again, in short: tame is fine. If people are going to get upset over a word choice...well...I got bad news about the rest of their lives...
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but I think you're a shit eating clackerface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: