welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 297, 298, 299  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, of all your claptrap conspiracy theories (maybe it was a sign decrying James Cameron wasting money on submarines!) the most confusing one is the time? why would she take a webcam shot of herself holding a handwritten sign with the time on it? Is this what the kids do now?

but what? sleeping pills? what?
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does it matter if it's real or not? i mean, it obviously is, but why are you so concerned with the possibility that someone took the time to photoshop something they could have easily faked in easier and more convincing ways? or they could've easily found an actually legit picture and just repost it

and why did you choose to share your concerns with the rest of the world?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/b/ you either get it or you don't

What I said makes so much sense it's really you two that seem foolish.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh snaps, the guy who immediately wheeled off on an unsupported stupid conspiracy theory to dodge a substantive point is calling you foolish! WHAT DO YOU DO
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize my opinion of people with pictures of themselves holding up "hand written messages" was formed LOOONG before this entire thread was ever started, at least two years or more ago. Just sayin'. Also, a lack of exif data is always suspicious, plus tineye turned up zero results, both of which I checked with a right click via add-ons. pretty basic stuff if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the point sails over his head like a Drew Brees pass...

riddle me this, though: what difference does it make what "the original picture" said? especially if you cannot produce said picture? refer back to willem's post
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
why does it matter if it's real or not? i mean, it obviously is, but why are you so concerned with the possibility that someone took the time to photoshop something they could have easily faked in easier and more convincing ways? or they could've easily found an actually legit picture and just repost it

and why did you choose to share your concerns with the rest of the world?

i'm confused too, and will go make some peppermint tea.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried my hand at making my own chai tea today! It was good, but turned out pretty bland, so I'ma check out the organic foods store tomorrow to see what fancy spices I can find.

Oh yeah. Feminism.

Is it terrible just thinking about joining these discussions makes me feel tired and down? Like, I think I'm going to blame seasonal depression, but it still kind of bums me out. People keep saying really thoughtless awful things about women at work, too, and I can't really argue about it because it's my fucking job and I'd love to keep it. It's not really like religion or politics where you can just say "No seriously, stop." and people understand why.

So hey, if anyone else is feeling down, here's a 24/7 livestream of some adorable kittens.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feminism issues continue to cause exasperation to me and its not like i have to deal with any of that bullshit personally anyway. but my fb is occasionally completely full of the latest 'jesus christ is this real' story about stuff like .. could only come from a world in which sandra fluke is called a slut and limbaugh still has a job
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one more person wants to tell me how "women are crazy and men are assholes" I may vomit on them. Vomiting isn't a sign of the crazies, it just means I'm sick to fucking death. I cannot possibly be sane enough to disprove this notion but I still feel like I need to be.

AGH, Sinfest is -not- my diary.

Sorry.

Please.

Continue the regularly scheduled dogpile on whoever is making the least amount of sense at the moment.

I'm going to make more tea (decaff, this time) and wonder why the fuck I'm still awake.
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, Laura, I feel that way most of the time, too. Uh, solidarity? *fistbump*
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it feels like I'm watching bored piranhas when I read these forums.

Would you be more concerned with the everyday life aspects of feminism, or the more politicized aspects of it?
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
If one more person wants to tell me how "women are crazy and men are assholes" I may vomit on them. Vomiting isn't a sign of the crazies, it just means I'm sick to fucking death. I cannot possibly be sane enough to disprove this notion but I still feel like I need to be.

I have this new work semi-friend who is smart but young and he keeps saying things like, "women are like..." or, "guys just want..." It's a pity, because I like him, but he'll pontificate at length while drinking about the nature of women and I alternate between wanting to slap him, correcting him, or walking away in disgust.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
/b/ you either get it or you don't

What I said makes so much sense it's really you two that seem foolish.

ahahahaha

WHERE ARE MY EXIF DATA?!
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not being Queen of the internet I don't really know what the fuck exif data, tineye, or whatever pretty basic internet detective add-ons you're using, but I used a sweet new firefox addon called GOOGLE and wound up here.

But I guess it's more likely whoneedsfeminism.tumblr is taking images of women holding handwritten signs that say THE TIME IS EIGHT PEE EMM, or WHY DID THEY WAIT SO LONG TO GIVE THE MONEY TO THE OLD TITANIC LADY and then editing the handwritten text to match their foul, femocratic agenda.

because THAT makes much more sense than she'd probably quite like to stay anonymous so other than sending the photo in she hasn't gone out of her way to help douchebags find out whether it is legit or not to settle an internet argument.

Last edited by Dennis J. Squidbunny on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 297, 298, 299  Next
Page 143 of 299

Jump to: