welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

18 Nov 2012 - Conch Shell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Dude it's a deconstruction of the concept of the friendzone.

You know, when Nice Guysô gripe about how they've been friendzoned and whatever else it is they do when they want to fuck a girl who sees them as just a friend????

It's not even the first time it showed up and you only mention it NOW...??? Are you kitten me, man. 0_0

Actually, it's not the guys' nor the ladies' faults, it's the media. We are bombarded with overly romanticized stories where the main characters get the people they are in love with to ALWAYS fall in love with them. And they person that falls in love with them is always attractive and just perfect and makes them complete *barf*.

Girls or guys can be "in the friend zone", but it's really some place they've put themselves. HOWEVER if a guy or girl knows that a person is attracted to them, and they have not made it clear that feelings are not returned, then they (through their inaction and lack of communication) now share responsibility in creating this metaphoric prison. People need to buck up and realize that they will never be more than friends with said person, so they should turn their romantic interest elsewhere. Nothing is more sad nor pitiful than unrequited love.

The problem is though that often times there is never love to begin with, merely infatuation, but many people, usually the young, can't tell the difference. In these cases, I don't think it's healthy for either party, in the long run, to remain friends. Maybe after some time apart, sure, but emotions need to be sorted out and what not.

Also, as I recall it, the whole term friendzone wasn't just about sex. It seems to have been co-opted along the way to mean "will never have sex with". Where that came from was deluded young men (you can switch male and female, it works either way) who had female friends that would date douchebag after douchebag, meanwhile waiting in the wings thinking "After this asshole dumps her, she'll come to me and realize I'm a 'nice guy'" and then be my girlfriend." (whole knight in shining armor thing, again, point a finger at the media) What the young man doesn't realize is that said girl doesn't need a knight in shining armor, she needs to just grow up and stop dating douchebags; the answer to the problem, and the problem itself, do not involve the 'friend zoned guy' at all. As I see it, it's immaturity on both side.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Anyhow, I believe it was Snorri who wisely pointed out that the Friend Zone is something one does to oneself. It exists, but inside the minds of those who have been rejected. This is why there's no point in being just-friends with somebody if you're romantically interested but they aren't; it's nothing but pain. Let them go.

This doesn't strike me as a positive approach, either. Emotionally safer, sure, but awfully simplistic. What about people on whom you have a crush? Or people you work with? Or, god forbid, the wife of a friend? There are going to be people in life you feel strongly about, and avoiding them isn't an answer. It buys into a notion that you're powerless to control your emotions, which I think has the potential to do more harm than good. I think - and this is purely an opinion - that we need to expect more from ourselves and others. If someone wants to be your friend that's good. There are precious few people I give a goddamn about to any significant depth. I'd rather have them as friends than not at all. Figuring out how not to get fucked up about it is just another life lesson.

How about writing a bitchin' song as catharsis?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gibson22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRST thing I thought of was "Anchorman".

"FRIENDSHIP TEAM: ASSEMBLE!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVlXYoVZHfA

And it has nothing to do with it...but this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=A8mpfdVu8O0&feature=endscreen
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
And it has nothing to do with it...but this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=A8mpfdVu8O0&feature=endscreen

Actually, that's not that far off. Comical and exaggerated, but sadly on point from a third party perspective
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Dogen wrote:
There are precious few people I give a goddamn about to any significant depth.

I'd never have guessed.

I'm assuming this was said for your own amusement, because, well, see above. I'm glad that out of a relatively long post about whether it's better to reject those who stir your emotions for no other reason than the stirring itself, that you managed to find the one worthwhile thing to reply to... Which is that I don't give a fuck about you, and is it any wonder why? Very Happy
LarsenSan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait wait wait, the Sisterhood is the source of the friendzone? Now I hate them with all my soul.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they're the source for the Friend Zone which is kind of like the friendzone but it's a fucking park with a playground and everything how the fuck can you hate that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:
Wait wait wait, the Sisterhood is the source of the friendzone? Now I hate them with all my soul.

GTFO.

Miss Magenta wrote:
No they're the source for the Friend Zone which is kind of like the friendzone but it's a fucking park with a playground and everything how the fuck can you hate that

DO THE FRIENDSHIP DANCE!

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:

You hate them for the park where friendly people go, or for the mythological place men get put when they don't get the attention they think they deserve from women? Because one is dumb and the other... Wait, that's just dumb.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must not know the dance.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
He must not know the dance.

Shh! You'll ruin it for us!
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
True enough. Same goes for sending a mass email, a few texts or just frikkin' calling the Sisters on the phone; that little dramatic touch adds so much.

Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meanwhile the female Nice Guy (tm) is wondering why Joe hasn't asked her out yet

OH LOOK HEY EVERYONE CAN WHINE ABOUT THE FRIEND ZONE IF THEY'RE PATHETIC ENOUGH
IT'S NOT JUST YOU, SHY MANIPULATIVE GUY #33432533! YOU'RE NOT ALONE!
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manipulative. Oh good. This just gets fuckin' better and BETTER.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your dysfunction?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: