welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feminism because why not make a thread for it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 315, 316, 317  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess maybe the lesson is don't go hunting for 'exif data' with your shiny internet add-ons when you can just drop a url in to google?

I mean, obviously you looked at the image, decided it was fake, and then did the worst research possible -- looking for matrix code inside the photo itself, rather than just using an impossibly basic search engine -- and then posted about it here.

What I'm saying is, the entire verification process could have taken you about five minutes and then you could have not posted a Darq conspiracy theory.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Willem: When did you become illiterate? I've explained it. To death. Go back, read my posts, I've answered what you're asking. Multiple times.

i asked you questions and you didn't answer them. you just offered irrelevant bullshit and vagueries. i didn't 'miss your point', i asked you different questions in the hope that thinking about them, you'd realise that:

Darqcyde wrote:
You do realize my opinion of people with pictures of themselves holding up "hand written messages" was formed LOOONG before this entire thread was ever started, at least two years or more ago.

plus my initial post:
Darqcyde wrote:
Oneponytoruleall wrote:
I think you guys need a jolt to get you back on topic.

Yeah that's pretty shitty. But the pic looks suspect w/o any context.

Plus:

Quote:
I couldn't find it, but I know I've read at least one story where someone went on a social media site and spread rumors about a girl being raped in order to humiliate and embarrass her.

Plus:

Quote:
Hell, for all I knew there was an entire blog made up of just her image with people replacing the message with different messages.

Apparently i need to spell out my response in detail, even though to me I've already done so, but the initial picture only needs to be posted with no reference?

Yeah, I'm the idiot you double standard loving moron.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet, if you'd bothered to test the null hypothesis - trying to prove the image is real - rather than going on about how it might not be, you'd have found the same site as Squiddy and we'd all have avoided this.

I'm not unsympathetic to skepticism on the Internet. It should just be paired with more rigorous thought.
Willem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why does it matter if it's real or not? i mean, it obviously is, but why are you so concerned with the possibility that someone took the time to photoshop something they could have easily faked in easier and more convincing ways? or they could've easily found an actually legit picture and just repost it

and why did you choose to share your concerns with the rest of the world?

Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem: I answered all those questions, I'm sorry you can't see that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you actually understand what we're saying though? That if you were sceptical you could've just dropped the image in to google and found that blog in like, a minute.

I don't think any of us have had our minds blown by your revelation that photos on the internet can be manipulated.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the question was "why does it matter if this particular image is shopped?"

your response was "but the image might be shopped!"

the twain? totally not meeting
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA LA LA LA LA LA LA

STEP ONE: PUT DIS DAMN SONG ON THE COMPUTERADIO

http://grooveshark.com/s/Lick+The+Rainbow+Original+Mix/3GVa1y?src=5

Good job, now read this:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/foreignc/2012/11/post-2.html

Quote:
I emailed the owner again asking for guidance. Why were some reviews making it onto the web and not others? I got my answer in the form of an email that is so shocking, it seems to come from another galaxy, an evil one. What dark void produced what you are about to read is anyone's guess. What causes a male human being to so rigidly hate the opposite sex that he fears not only the power of women, but also the power of movies.

The new editor-publisher wanted to approve the movies I reviewed, which had never happened before. Worse, there would be a litmus test. If the movie featured strong or empowered women, I would not be allowed to write about that film. I checked my calendar. No, I hadn't traveled back in time. It wasn't the tenth century, it was still 2012. Relieved about the date, I asked him if he was serious. He was.

My relationship with the Niagara Falls Reporter, which was slowly limping into oblivion, ended. It didn't end because I didn't do my job. It didn't end because I missed the weekly deadline, which never happened once over seven years. It ended because a guy who has no professional journalistic experience, and a warped view of humanity, does not like strong women.

Fortunately, he put his thoughts in an email for all the world to read. On a secondary sad note, almost all of my writing for the Niagara Falls Reporter is missing from the newspaper's web Archives. Years of it.

The email I received from the new owner perfectly coincides with the darkness that occasionally descends on the American electoral process. What draws some men to the flames of a hatred for women? Why do they fear the importance and power of women? I'll let you be the judge.

Below is the email I received, exactly as written. It came after a series of phone calls and emails in which I was seeking answers. The initial email in this series was sent by me with the subject line: "Actually, I need direction for Saturday." The spelling and spacing and punctuation are exactly as written to me by the publisher. In his email, he references the films "Snow White And The Huntsman" and "Headhunters," which he calls "Headhunter." Here's the email:

Michael; I know you are committed to writing your reviews, and put a lot of effort into them. it is important for you to have the right publisher. i may not be it. i have a deep moral objection to publishing reviews of films that offend me. snow white and the huntsman is such a film. when my boys were young i would never have allowed them to go to such a film for i believe it would injure their developing manhood. if i would not let my own sons see it, why would i want to publish anything about it?
snow white and the huntsman is trash. moral garbage. a lot of fuzzy feminist thinking and pandering to creepy hollywood mores produced by metrosexual imbeciles.

I don't want to publish reviews of films where women are alpha and men are beta.
where women are heroes and villains and men are just lesser versions or shadows of females.

i believe in manliness.

not even on the web would i want to attach my name to snow white and the huntsman except to deconstruct its moral rot and its appeal to unmanly perfidious creeps.

i'm not sure what headhunter has to offer either but of what I read about it it sounds kind of creepy and morally repugnant.

with all the publications in the world who glorify what i find offensive, it should not be hard for you to publish your reviews with any number of these.

they seem to like critiques from an artistic standpoint without a word about the moral turpitude seeping into the consciousness of young people who go to watch such things as snow white and get indoctrinated to the hollywood agenda of glorifying degenerate power women and promoting as natural the weakling, hyena -like men, cum eunuchs.

the male as lesser in courage strength and power than the female.

it may be ok for some but it is not my kind of manliness.

If you care to write reviews where men act like good strong men and have a heroic inspiring influence on young people to build up their character (if there are such movies being made) i will be glad to publish these.

i am not interested in supporting the reversing of traditional gender roles.

i don't want to associate the Niagara Falls Reporter with the trash of Hollywood and their ilk.

it is my opinion that hollywood has robbed america of its manliness and made us a nation of eunuchs who lacking all manliness welcome in the coming police state.

now i realize that you have a relationship with the studios etc. and i would have been glad to have discussed this in person with you to help you segue into another relationship with a publication but inasmuch as we spent 50 minutes on the phone from paris i did not want to take up more of your time.

In short i don't care to publish reviews of films that offend me.

if you care to condemn the filmmakers as the pandering weasels that they are.... true hyenas.
i would be interested in that....
Frank

Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the email is just so completely fucking amazing.

Also you guys should read it in the original article, the guy writing it has a pretty hilarious concept of spicing up his article with pictures, including where he says DARK STORM CLOUDS WERE APPROACHING and posts a picture of dark storm clouds approaching.

his wonderful forays in to melodrama aside, this editor is a phenomenal piece of fucking shit. His braying about hyenas makes him sound like Hunter S Thompson.

also: cum eunuchs. samuel you are a sexually free young man, can you explain to us what that is?
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cum eunuchs are degenerate wasteling men, cowed into submission by the great feminazis, forever bound to be servile to women in a perverse mockery of the Biotruths that state that men must be the greater form of humankind. They are a gossamer spriteling that exists purely in the minds of people who legitimately and unironically complain about "moral turpitude." Indeed, one can not read this article and feel the oncoming fire ...

... of continued demaleification and pussification of the headstrong man which is necessary to keep order and righteousness in a just and true society.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what do you expect? The guy copped to visiting Paris... willingly!
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paris is apparently a total shit place to visit, according to pretty much everyone. Must be all the metrosexual hyenas.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and i would have been glad to have discussed this in person with you to help you segue into another relationship with a publication but inasmuch as we spent 50 minutes on the phone from paris i did not want to take up more of your time which would be better spent by your crawling on all fours after filthy parisian women begging them to let you sip the dew off their turpitudily high hems
Adyon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this...Woman in Ireland denied abortion after miscarrying, causing her death.
Quote:
Irish doctors allegedly told Savita “This is a Catholic country” when she asked for an abortion for the pregnancy she was miscarrying to avoid further complications. After 3 days of blinding pain, shaking, vomiting and passing out, she again asked for the abortion that would have saved her life and she was again refused.

As the heartbeat faded, the abortion was granted but it was too late. Savita died shortly afterwards of septicemia, and E Coli infection.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, more info on that story, involving now a protest march:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/ireland-marches-protest-death-indian-dentist-denied-abortion-article-1.1204003
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 315, 316, 317  Next
Page 145 of 317

Jump to: