welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-11-22: Men's Approval 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: 2012-11-22: Men's Approval 2 Reply with quote

Welp... I'm pretty much guaranteed a plot of land in the Pit of Tortured Souls. Might as well hail Satan as well.

In other news, Facebook idiocy is on the rise thanks to a new shared image:

Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
In other news, Facebook idiocy is on the rise

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh you, Christianity! You never cease to amuse me!

Also, Fern makes even the sign of the devil into something cute and akin to the anime/japanese/wherever the frig it's from 'yatta' gesture. She should just go ahead and endorse every product on the internet. Way more cute than a certain ribbon wearing feline.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
She should just go ahead and endorse every product on the internet.

I definitely agree with this statement, 100 percent.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
She should just go ahead and endorse every product on the internet.

I definitely agree with this statement, 100 percent.

Magenta just noticed your gallery has grown.. looks grea tWink

Also Heil Satan... All good san pit of tortured souls ( some wisdom there )
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavius Maximus wrote:
Magenta just noticed your gallery has grown.. looks great ;)

thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be nice if 'Nique next asked her "So, whatever happened to my pal the pink girl, anyway?* She move up the ladder or something?" Y'know, demonstrate that the strip's characters actually remember each other now and then. I'm not optimistic, though.

==

*okay, maybe "pal" is an exaggeration, but they've been depicted as at least sometimes getting along pretty well; besides, I wanted to go for the alliteration
redshirt26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Christian and that Facebook post made me LOL.

And one again: How did she get to be a Devil Girl? Was she hired by a temp agency and they were short on their monthly quota? She's about as evil as a box full of kittens.
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redshirt26 wrote:

And one again: How did she get to be a Devil Girl? Was she hired by a temp agency and they were short on their monthly quota? She's about as evil as a box full of kittens.

Yup. Even Pebbles growled and hissed when turned into a devil girl. Fern just got horns like Seymour...

I guess Big D. likes a sweet, naive girl now and then, to put some variety in his menu of lusty temptresses.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
redshirt26 wrote:

Yup. Even Pebbles growled and hissed when turned into a devil girl. Fern just got horns like Seymour...

I guess Big D. likes a sweet, naive girl now and then, to put some variety in his menu of lusty temptresses.

Wait we only saw her hired from the club, we never saw her actually get turned. So how do you know she DIDN'T growl and hiss when she was first changed?
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's mildly odd, really, that she invokes Satan since the strip rarely refers to The Devil as Satan. He's almost always just The Devil. Still, "Hail The Devil" doesn't have quite the ring to it.

I can honestly say that 100% of the Satanists I've met in my life have been perfectly nice people. Of course, AFAIK I've only met one, but nevertheless.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

I can honestly say that 100% of the Satanists I've met in my life have been perfectly nice people. Of course, AFAIK I've only met one, but nevertheless.

Not to mention that a lot of Satanist don't believe is Satan as an actual entity but as a symbol of independence and freethought.

And Yes, I too knew a satanist and he was also a cool guy.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Ronald wrote:

Not to mention that a lot of Satanist don't believe is Satan as an actual entity but as a symbol of independence and freethought.

Isn't that just atheism? Confused
Gibson22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised nobody threw these out yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJQSIQwl6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJV7hr2P5EE&feature=related
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
tricksterson wrote:
Ronald wrote:

Isn't that just atheism? Confused

It's atheistic in the sense that that sort of satanists don't believe in any actual deities, so it's a subset of atheism.... but no. Atheism makes no requirement of subscribing to a bunch of bullshit symbolism.

some of that bullshit symbolism etc is pretty neat, though
for example
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Sins.html

The Nine Satanic Sins wrote:
1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

I like this list better than the corresponding lists from more conventional philosophies/religions. The one from Christianity is especially terrible by comparison, featuring "RESPECT AUTHORITY" x1000 (fuck that shit).

Probably the iffiest thing I see here is the "magic." I'm not quite sure what they mean by that, though, so I don't know to what extent I can criticise it.

The real stupidity here lies in insisting on calling all of this "Satanism." As far as I can tell, the only purpose that serves is to piss off Christians and garner confusion from people who are too stupid/lazy/closed-minded to look past the name and realise that it has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity's personification of evil except maybe in a "fuck you, Christianity, you suck," kind of way, and I might be reading too much into it even then.
Raal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of satanism as a parody on christianity's hostility towards open minds.

The mention of magic is making fun of the commandments, which imply you are being rewarded/punished magically if you live by them/ignore them, without saying the word I believe.

Usually don't like the provocative approach of satanism, but being surrounded by many christians&muslims lately, I see where the incentive to call yourself a satanist is coming from. If you try to argue, you just hit the widely-known wall of ignorance people built up over decades, which is very frustrating. Tried it one more time with a pretty smart individual, but grown up in a christian sub-cult, that wall of ignorance is especially thick, answering my questions with"you can't convince me, give up"
So I gave up, don't want to be annoying or something.

Last edited by Raal on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: