welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1124, 1125, 1126 ... 1257, 1258, 1259  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.No comment.

Last edited by fritterdonut on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doublepost.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe she has social anxiety and is too inhibited to shows she likes you without drinking? Lots of people self medicate with alcohol and drugs which only helps in the short term and makes things worse in the long term.

That thing about your friend and the rumor mill really sucks. I don't have a solution for that. So here's a hug.

*hug*
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
It is such awful horseshit to say that more women are sexually assaulted and raped by people they know because it doesn't change the fact that women are also sexually assaulted and raped by people they don't know. Whether or not one is more likely than the other, one doesn't cancel out the other.

Uh-huh.

Quote:
Recently a woman from the arts community in Melbourne disappeared while walking home. She left a pub in the wee hours of the morning, had a five or so minute walk home but never arrived. Three days later she was found raped and murdered in a ditch. They caught the guy, and he had no idea who she was, he was just out trolling the streets for someone to rape.

Interesting.

Quote:
THAT is what women have to fucking live with. It doesn't matter that its more likely for a woman to be raped by someone she knows, because there is still a chance that they will walk down a dark street and someone who they don't know will fucking rape them.

Mmm.

Quote:
That is why I feel sorry when I startle women while out walking at night. That is why I fret for my girlfriend and don't let her work home from work alone -- not out of some weird alpha male pride king must protect the woman thing I feel, or from her 'paranoid delusions', but because within our society men rape women.

Yep.

Quote:
If I was walking alone at night and was set upon, there is a chance I could be raped, but most likely I would just get the shit kicked out of me and robbed, maybe murdered.

But rape is such a heinous physical and mental invasion that I will never judge a woman for her alleged 'paranoid delusions' that when we pass each other on a lonely street at night she thinks I am a potential rapist.

Because I am a human being of earth I feel empathy for women who feel as if they are constantly at war. I cannot understand what it feels like, but I can feel empathy for it.

It is such egotistical self-involved douchebaggery to come out and say HOW DARE YOU THINK I AM CAPABLE OF RAPING?

Here's why: Because I'm not an idiot that takes the words of a lunatic woman at face value. If I look at the statistics and frequency of women getting raped by strangers, and the frequency of getting randomly murdered by strangers, they're about the same. Depending on where you are, it could be up to 20% down to 9%. What does that tell me? It tells me that the incidences of rape and murder involving strangers are comparatively lower (much lower) than incidences involving close friends or family members. (And even so, the incidences of murder by strangers are mostly suffered by men, not women.) In other words, when walking the streets, should I constantly worry about getting murdered and consider every man (murders by strangers mostly by men) that approaches me "Schrödinger's Murderer"? You tell me if that doesn't sound delusional and paranoid. However, I'll tell what I think is awful horseshit: to coddle the unfounded fears of a woman, allowing them to remain mainstay, instead of showing contrary statistics that would allay those fears. That is horseshit.

Maybe you could have done that instead of being an "egotistical douchebag" and tutting your girlfriend into this false sense of insecurity. If she feels "constantly at war", then have you pondered that maybe you're the one responsible if she's ignorant about the risk? Or maybe you just didn't bother to look it up. Finally, yes, considering that every man who approaches her and perhaps interested in her romantically a potential rapist is just stupid. YMMV.

But we should all lay off of him, after all He's a member of our community

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did this become a pedophile community? I thought we were into GILFs here.
Bart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorillas I'd like to fuck ?
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritter: regardless of how shy and lonely you are, you do _not_ want to get involved with a binge drinker that only comes on to you when drunk. This is a BAD IDEA. Take care of her all you like but don't make (or receive) a move. One of the things you can do to take care of her is get her some help. Man university makes it easy - the counseling office will happily give you some advice (and you can take advantage of it too what with your depression and all). Good luck.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind

Last edited by Oneponytoruleall on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Halen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god. Internet banking secure keys. Fuck this shit. I've locked my secure key, I got the answer to my reminder question to unlock the secure key wrong three times (For fuck's sake, what the FUCK did I put as my favourite car?!), and now I'm on hold to talk to a robot on the phone. FUCK internet banking security.
Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next time you should just answer all the questions with one password

What's your favorite car? garyscock
Who was your first girlfriend? garyscock
Who was your third grade teacher? garyscock
What is the name of your first pet? garyscock

you'll never forget it!
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Garyscock was driving me in her vintage Garyscock to pick up my totally hot Garyscock after school, but on the way we accidentally hit my scotch terrier Garyscock Sad
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest being awful.

But we should all lay off of him, after all He's a member of our community

Jesus, I nearly ate my keyboard. That monobrow is a great troll!
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to imply that i don't respect garyscock as the massive throbbing pillar of virility that it is, but naming your firstborn after it seems a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle excessive
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like a good solid reminder of why I still carry mace.

I'm referring, of course, to the news that someone was raped on my local college campus. Just found out about it today, though apparently it happened early October.
Willem

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes genuinely think we should probably Kill All Men, so I'll take that as a sign the world is turning me into a Straw Feminist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1124, 1125, 1126 ... 1257, 1258, 1259  Next
Page 1125 of 1259

Jump to: