welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

18 Nov 2012 - Conch Shell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diagram12345

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:

Except I don't walk out on the streets randomly attempting to talk to women I know nothing about. There was no communication to be broken down, in that situation. I walk to get somewhere, other people walk to get somewhere, why is there any need to impede all this glorious forward movement toward objectives with petty talk with strangers? And furthermore, why would someone else lose out on this? It's a 2 party interaction. Unless I'm going to figure out the cure to cancer while chatting to some stranger on the bus and benefit all humanity, which I sorta doubt.

I haven't read a single other post in this thread, but, well, I've had some rather nice conversations with people who were once strangers and are now friends. How else do you expect to meet new people? Everyone you know was once a stranger.
Bart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:

The golden standard of this place said that "woman do communicate all the times" - then they should care about possible miscommunication.

Yes, she should.

Arioch wrote:

The golden standard of this place said that "you must be aware of what signals you are sending by your appearance" - is this woman aware what does it communicate ?

And there we have the problem. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, that should be interpreted as "I wish to have sex" except that person explicitly stating that (s)he wants sex. Whatever clothes someone wears, to whatever place he or she wears them, they do not mean "I want to have sex", not even if it is leather ass-less pants to a swingers club. Therefore, whatever someone wears, wherever they wear it to, you can never say "(s)he was asking for it". If you insist that such a situation is a communication breakdown, then you're right. It is a breakdown because the rapist makes the choice to deliberately misinterpret the signals the victim sends.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I wish we could trade all the new dudebros in for the furries...at least the furries only squicked me out. The dudebros make me despair for humanity.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
Arioch wrote:

The golden standard of this place said that "woman do communicate all the times" - then they should care about possible miscommunication.

Yes, she should.

Arioch wrote:

The golden standard of this place said that "you must be aware of what signals you are sending by your appearance" - is this woman aware what does it communicate ?

And there we have the problem. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, that should be interpreted as "I wish to have sex" except that person explicitly stating that (s)he wants sex. Whatever clothes someone wears, to whatever place he or she wears them, they do not mean "I want to have sex", not even if it is leather ass-less pants to a swingers club. Therefore, whatever someone wears, wherever they wear it to, you can never say "(s)he was asking for it". If you insist that such a situation is a communication breakdown, then you're right. It is a breakdown because the rapist makes the choice to deliberately misinterpret the signals the victim sends.

Well, if a man or woman is wearing ass-less pants to a swinger's club, they're probably looking for for sex. But the point is, they might not be looking for sex with you in particular. Maybe you're the wrong gender. Maybe you're not buff enough or too buff. Maybe you have too many or too few piercings. I can't believe this needs to be said, but someone wanting to have sex does not in any way mean that they'll have sex with anyone.

Are you entitled to speak to someone if they don't tell you to stop? Sure, and that includes asking for sex. But that person is just as entitled to tell you to go away or ignore you completely, and you're certainly not entitled to argue back.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
Dear Darqcyde: you have proven yourself a paladin of new religion, that considers any dissent to be blasphemy only worth of cursing and never of considering.

Any attitude except full and unconditional obedience, means in your eyes that you're facing suppressive person. You don't want to try to understand why and how different people from other societies feel and think, still you feel the right to dictate them how they should feel and think to let you be comfortably clear.

Astonishingly similar attitude was described as mainstream in revolutionists circles in the beginning of XX century, and they also had that zeal for their Only True Theory, and when got power to implement their theories they inevitable appeared loyal enough enough to eradicate all obstacles, that they could not bend into it.

I doubt though that your faith would make you happy and solve all your problems, as you hope it must.

Arioch: you are a rape apologist, plain and simple. Anyone, under any circumstance, who tries to maintain and defend a position that a woman is "Asking to be raped", regardless of any and all circumstances, is effectively saying "rape is ok". Rape, by its definition, is a forced act by the aggressor against the will of the victim. Human beings are not mindless machines. We have wills, we can exhibit this thing called "self control". Even if a woman makes some poor choices (takes a dangerous route when she doesn't need to, gets really drunk, passes out around a bunch of drunk horny guys) none of that excuses the male behavior if they decide to rape her. And they do indeed decide, like I said we are not machines with automated responses.
*BZZZZT* VULNERABLE FAMALE DETECTED *BZZZZZT* PHALLUS BECOMING ENGORGED *BZZZZZT* ENGAGE RAPE PROTOCOL *BZZZZT*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr. North by Northwest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings to postings, paladins, Schrodinger's Murderer. How I keep missing the cool parties to crash...

I am posting in this high-quality thread.

I can't decide which Mother Russia I like better:

We serve an old moan in a dry season
A lighthouse keeper in the desert sun
Dreamers of sleepers and white treason
We dream of rain and the history of the gun
There's a lighthouse in the middle of Prussia
A white house in a red square
I'm living in films for the sake of Russia
A Kino Runner for the DDR
And the fifty-two daughters of the revolution
Turn the gold to chrome
Gift
Nothing to lose
Stuck inside of Memphis with the mobile home, sing
Mother Russia rain down

-or-

Punished for his written thoughts
Starving for his fame
Working blindly building blocks
Number for a name
his blood flows frozen to the snow

Red blood white snow
He knows frozen rivers won't flow
So cold so true
Mother Russia
he cries for you

-last and certainly not least-

MOTHER RUSSIA
DANCE OF THE CZARS
HOLD UP YOUR HEADS
BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU ARE
NOW IT HAS COME
FREEDOM AT LAST
TURNING THE TIDES OF HISTORY
AND YOUR PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
"crackers of hairy safes"

aaaaaaa
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
rape victims deserve to be raped because of how they dress & where they go!!

You are free to enjoy your lies and believe them as well.

So you deny that is what YOU have been saying? Because that's what it looks like you've been saying.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
mouse wrote:
do you think it is because i am agreeing that you intentionally insulted women?

You just continue fusing two separate lines of discussion.
The one about "tame" and the one about "asking for it"

and both insult women. so i am entitled to take both of them, together, as examples of ways the things you say insult women.

Arioch wrote:

It is easy and i offered it several times before doing it.
But that was not the kind of apology i was demanded many times and let refusing.

I was not asked to apologize for "i was rude to Fuchsia", I was not asked to apologize for "i was rude to Fuchsia and all other persons". On contrary i offered that and kept get refusals. I was asked to apologize that "i was rude to Fuchsia because Fuchsia is a woman".

Sam's example apology wrote:
I probably used language which was inappropriate and offensive and demeaning to women. It is probably a language barrier issue. I apologize.

please point out where, exactly, in the bolded quote above, fuchsia is mentioned? or even referred to?

dude, i've been trying to give you a break, but you keep demonstrating, over and over and over again, that you fly completely off the handle at any disagreement, and start accusing people of saying things about you that they absolutely did not say. i mean, seriously - you've just pulled about 90% of your accusations about succubus straight out of your ass.

and if you fail to a) find a reference to fucshia in this quote:
Quote:
I probably used language which was inappropriate and offensive and demeaning to women. It is probably a language barrier issue. I apologize.

or b) make the damn apology and stop talking shit

you will have proved that you are an utter ass and an illiterate troll. and i'm done with trying to make allowances for your incoherence. the thought behind the words is coming through all too clearly now.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
you've just pulled about 90% of your accusations about succubus straight out of your ass.

THANKYOU! This was what I spent half of last night trying to pound through his thick skull but apparently there is little or nothing between his ears because my words were either completely ignored or twisted with his own spin into what he decided I was accusing him of. In a manner that made zero sense and was painful to read. At this point I've given up trying to talk to him at all. He's either the King of the Village Idiots or the world's most successful troll. I'm half wondering if infact he's simply Ember come back under another passport and pretending to be from Russia with stereotypical bad syntax so that he can have another go at trolling the shit out of everyone (and succeeding by the looks of it). If that is the case I marvel at the sheer retention of it!
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like legitimately this is a test in which i give him the answer aand
Eiden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Succubus recently told something like "i was PMSing like a bitch" so should we, the men, respect you monthly cycles or completely ignore it ?
If you work in the water pool - should you go work there even in those days and don't you dare to paint the water? Or should we pay some attention to your biological side ? If latter maybe you woudld respect our biological side and acknowledge that naked women body is not just an object to us ?
Let us both have our biological weaknesses - or let none of us have.

Oh god. Stop.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAIRY SAFE CRACKERS PAINT THE WATER, AND OTHER CAUTIONARY TALES FOR YOUNG UNDERPRIVILEGED MEN
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
Quote:
Succubus recently told something like "i was PMSing like a bitch" so should we, the men, respect you monthly cycles or completely ignore it ?
If you work in the water pool - should you go work there even in those days and don't you dare to paint the water? Or should we pay some attention to your biological side ? If latter maybe you woudld respect our biological side and acknowledge that naked women body is not just an object to us ?
Let us both have our biological weaknesses - or let none of us have.

Oh god. Stop.

Wait wait wait. WHERE THE FUCK DID I SAY THAT? Arioch legitimately... what the fucking hell dude! My quotes about you were stretching the links of relevancy but they were based in fact. Don't just start adding shit that was never even mentioned. I never once even discussed PMS and menstruation! You're so full of shit it's a marvel you don't explode man. Take a ride on your giant cat foreskin and fuck the hell off! Evil or Very Mad
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
like legitimately this is a test in which i give him the answer aand

he should have some way to shut it down?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32
Page 32 of 32

Jump to: