welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sinfest knitting club!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fiiiiiinally finished a knitting project. It's a doll dress though, so whiner babies be warned, there be doll.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. i probably have that same face when i'm picking up stitches.

except for the glasses. i should start wearing glasses, just for this effect.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the design. Very spiffy.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm knitting up a storm of doll clothes. Got a skirt made, too, but I don't have a shirt to go with it for pictures yet.
Samsally

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hat is amazing and I want to make one for a doll. Or myself. But mostly for a doll. Picture is clickable to see the pattern and also more pictures of how fabulous this hat is.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo - thanks for reminding me of that one. i was just doing a stash ....well, not exactly organization, more like kinda inventorying - now i can have a plan for odds and ends!
jwing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally, that's a beautiful dress. Did you make up the pattern? Wing2 is getting a ball jointed doll for Giftmas and I'm thinking of knitting it a sweater. (actually, i'm getting uncomfortably fond of a certain doll that i was looking at while ordering wing2's doll and am afraid i might get it for me.... and of course it would need clothes)

I'd post pictures of the hat I knit for my niece, but I'm not sure if she lurks here. To be on the safe side, I'll wait until after Giftmas.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, jwing! Yeah, I did make it up on the fly. Dolls are so fun to make clothes for because it's so fast. I love me some instant craft gratification.

It's a bit too short, though, whoops. I keep forgetting dolls are not proportioned the same as humans and a skirt that would be mid-thigh on a person barely covers enough crotch to be decent on a doll. Hopefully I'll remember next time! Heh.

Aaaaanyway omg omg what kind of doll is Wing2 getting? Which one are you interested in? Also I'm getting a new girl. Just put the payment down a few days ago, so I'm getting her in a month or two. Heeee.
jwing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wing2 is actually getting 2. I ordered one last month that should have arrived by now. I panicked earlier in the week and emailed them; they promised to ship it Saturday and "hope that it arrives before christmas". Since this doll was the *only thing* wing2 was getting, I couldn't have that. So I turned to a vendor from which I bought clothes for the doll (blueblooddoll2008 on ebay; I can't say enough good things about her) Not only did she break her rules on shipping and ebay's rules about contacting away from them (i gave her my gmail account since my ebay account goes to the home mail and i'm not home all the time any more) but sent me a screen shot of the shipping notice so I could track it if it didn't arrive in time.

A certified Draven is wrapped and waiting under the tree. An Apollo may be a very early birthday present.

The one I'm interested in? Valentine.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesss, I bought some boots from blueblooddoll2008 and I was super impressed. She was incredibly prompt with everything. I've definitely started lurking in her ebay store a lot more now since I know she's cool.

Those boys all look so nice. I know a lot of people in the Junkyspot forums really like Apollo, too! My new girl is a Rong (in purple with optional goat legs because I am anything but normal). She won't be arriving for at least a month though, I just paid for her a few days ago.

I think knitting those fellows little sweaters is a pretty awesome idea. I've seen some amazing stuff people have made!
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*casts Life1 on thread*

SO! I have been making this beautiful cabled scarf.

Jared Flood's Guilder, from his BT Fall 2012 collection. It is a birthday gift to a friend of mine. He doesn't know it's coming to him. Very Happy

What have you guys been doing?

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stripeypants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crochet, because I drop almost no stitches while doing it, and I do nothing but drop stitches in knitting. I have been making little monsters, and I just finished making a drawstring veggie bag shaped like a carrot. Oh, and I made an alternative binder with cotton and a slip stitch that flattens chests while hardly compressing at all. (It makes the warm days soooo much better!). When I get pictures up on Ravelry, I can show off my projects.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool sounding projects! I really need to get better about posting my stuff up on Ravelry. Wish they accepted sewing projects, too. Ah well.

Right now I'm trying to convince myself to finish my Star Trek dress. Blergh. I can't find half the pattern pieces I spent ages drafting.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:

This hat is amazing and I want to make one for a doll. Or myself. But mostly for a doll. Picture is clickable to see the pattern and also more pictures of how fabulous this hat is.

OHMAGURD! I want all of those hats.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded.

EDIT: Or I guess thirded!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 42 of 47

Jump to: