welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 689, 690, 691 ... 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know how much square footage you should have for four women, two chihuahuas and two cats in order to live comfortably? :\
Canopus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say around 800 sqft, maybe less if people are willing to pair up a bedroom. The living room should be at least a breathable 15 ft by 20 ft.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and look for something with a nice long hallway the cats and chihuahuas can chase each other down.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canopus wrote:
I would say around 800 sqft, maybe less if people are willing to pair up a bedroom. The living room should be at least a breathable 15 ft by 20 ft.

Depends, we have a 1200 sq foot house, but there 5 of us, 1 king charles spaniel, and 3 cats, but that's also with 2 baths, so I'd say between 800-1000 would be comfy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jinx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I miss the Sinfest Secret Santa, or has no one offered to organize it yet this year?

If the latter, do people think there's still time? (This is a veiled offer to organize it.)
Yorick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What color of scarf would go with both a red coat and a green coat?
John in Tronna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:

Red and green?

Or yellow...

Or is this a continuation of something talked about earlier that I missed?
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else getting periodic popups and malware warnings on coming to the forums?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I switched Adblock back on when the ads started showing up at the bottom of the page a few days ago, so no.
Yorick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John in Tronna wrote:
Yorick wrote:

Red and green?

Or yellow...

Or is this a continuation of something talked about earlier that I missed?

I would like to buy one scarf that will go with both a red coat (Barn red, it says) and a green coat. I need a starting place for a color that is compatible with both of them and I am at a loss for what to do. And the googles do nothing. so I'm asking.
Dro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for a persimmon color, which would accent the red and complement the green.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion would be a neutral tone, like grey, or charcoal, or taupe, or beige.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usagi Miyamoto wrote:
I don't recall feeling colder as a result of taking any of the ADD drugs, though I might not notice, polar bear that I am.

The most common side-effect I've noticed with both Ritalin and Adderall-type drugs has been a loss of appetite for the first few hours after taking them. Despite the appetite effect, I've never lost much weight, because the usual effect is, I'm hungrier than usual in the evening when the drug has worn off. In kids, it can be an issue that leads to growth problems, but presumably you've done all the growing you're going to. So, my first bit of advice is to really eat a good breakfast in the morning, something with quality proteins and fat and not a lot of simple carbs, so it takes a while to digest and keeps your energy levels up when you forget to stop for lunch, which you might. Eggs and bacon, a protein-boosted fruit smoothie, apples with peanut butter, those are all good. Cap'n Crunch, not so much.

The second thing is, when you have ADD, forgetting that you've already taken your pill for the day can be a real issue. I definitely recommend pill minders! It was less of a big deal with Ritalin, which never had much effect on me at any dose, but I have really needed the pill minders with Adderall XR and Vyvanse, because if I accidentally take one of those twice in the morning, I feel terrible: wired, restless, and jittery, and the effect doesn't wear off for hours. You don't have to experience that twice to know you want to prevent it happening again.

And finally, pay attention to your sleep habits. It might be harder to feel like going to bed when you're taking these drugs, but your body still needs sleep. Going to bed can be another one of those things that's easy to ignore when there's still stuff to do, just like eating is easy to ignore earlier in the day. Sleep! Man, I need to take my own advice. Best of luck to you - it's sounding like it's going okay so far, so I hope that continues.

I'm so happy you're back Usagi. You seriously rock, I don't care what the rest of 'em say about ya. Wink

Ok so I've been on these things for a week now. She gave me 5mg of Adderall IR to take twice a day (on the days that I have class after work and need it).

The cold thing has pretty much died down -- my fingers and the tip of my nose get colder faster but I don't "feel" cold like I did when I first took these.

I do notice the appetite thing. It reminds me of coffee. If I drink coffee in the morning I have no interest in breakfast. It makes me not that interested in food but I've been eating anyway. I notice it also makes me feel fuller faster? That actually might be a good thing. Because I'm one of those people who just keep eating because the food is so good.

I don't eat red meat, pork, or seafood. So no bacon for me unless it's turkey bacon! Haha. Smile

Oddly enough Adderall has not affected my sleep in the slightest. I have no problems going to sleep. I even took a nap whilst on it. So I don't think I have sleeping issues with this.

I honestly haven't gotten any bad side effects or feel like the negative outweighs the positive here. The only downside to this medication is that I feel like it quiets down my head for a short while and wears off or isn't strong enough to keep up with my A.D.D. for as long as it says it's supposed to (4-6 hours). That might just be a dose thing though. I made an appointment with her to discuss this next week with her after being on the medication for two weeks. Smile

I set reminders on my phone to remind me to take my medication otherwise I forget everything. I set two of them. One alarm for the "take your pill" reminder and the other for the "I SAID TAKE YOUR PILL JEN" reminder.

Thanks so much for talking to me about this. I don't have anyone else that I know that's on meds for this. So it feels good to have someone I can relate my experiences to and get feedback. Smile Smile
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it normal to feel somewhat violent towards the kids from Loose Change when they make those stupid snickering noises in their debate with Popular Mechanics?
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 689, 690, 691 ... 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 690 of 755

Jump to: