welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-12-06: Best Rapture Ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
One day, I'm gonna be proud to tell my grandchildren that I survived 6 doomdays.

Just 6? I counted 58. 43 if you assume people who predicted the same date are also the same apocalypse (would be awkward to have more than one apocalypse on the same day, right?). Though I included things like:
Quote:
Jose de Luis de Jesus of Growing In Grace International predicted that the world's governments and economies would fail on this day, and that he and his followers would undergo a transformation that would allow them to fly and walk through walls.

Holocauxt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just kinda count the ones with all the hype:

Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just A Good Excuse To Have A Party Very Happy
Vancore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if 2012 has realized he may have a case of the mayans.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Sorry to burst his bubble but considering that the Mayan Calendar didn't take into account Leap Years, this end of the world has already passed its expiration date.

That's a moot point anyway. The Long Count calendar ends & restarts on the winter solstice on purpose.
Ronald

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
if you assume people who predicted the same date are also the same apocalypse (would be awkward to have more than one apocalypse on the same day, right?).

Awkward, perhaps, but hardly unprecedented. Marvel, DC, and probably other comic book companies sometimes feature as many as three different potential apocalypses at a time in concurrent titles.

Heck, in the Buffyverse, Season Seven, Buffy and Angel faced two separate apocalypses a mere two hours or so drive from each other.

(dialogue I would've liked to hear sometime):
"Have you guys ever noticed how we always have an apocalypse in the spring? Every single year? I mean, what's that about?"

Of course, all of those apocalypses were averted, so it's not entirely the same thing.

Too bad we never got to see Buffy save the world from the 1999 Nostradamus-predicted apocalypse. That probably would've been cool.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to comment on the buffyverse having an apocalypse practically every week in later series. It got to the point where it was ridiculous how often it was happenning. They even lampshaded it on one of the songs on that musical episode 'Once More With Feeling' Laughing
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only imagine what the millions of aliens in space ships come to destroy earth would think when they showed up and we were being ravaged by the four horsemen. There are no dibs in the apocalypse, man, you can destroy what's left when God is done.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
being ravaged by the four horsemen

My mind went bad places. Bad bad bad places. I need to go drink a gallon of bleach now X_X
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, thanks for telling us all that. now my mind is going to those places as well.
save me some bleach.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Dogen wrote:
if you assume people who predicted the same date are also the same apocalypse (would be awkward to have more than one apocalypse on the same day, right?).

Awkward, perhaps, but hardly unprecedented. Marvel, DC, and probably other comic book companies sometimes feature as many as three different potential apocalypses at a time in concurrent titles.

Heck, in the Buffyverse, Season Seven, Buffy and Angel faced two separate apocalypses a mere two hours or so drive from each other.

(dialogue I would've liked to hear sometime):
"Have you guys ever noticed how we always have an apocalypse in the spring? Every single year? I mean, what's that about?"

Of course, all of those apocalypses were averted, so it's not entirely the same thing.

Too bad we never got to see Buffy save the world from the 1999 Nostradamus-predicted apocalypse. That probably would've been cool.

ADDENDUM:

Just as a point of trivia, in the first episode of Season Four (1999-2000), Buffy comments that the preceding summer (during which Nostradamus's apocalypse would've kicked in and needed to be averted) was "slay-heavy," meaning that she fought lots of evil over the summer. Too bad the dialogue didn't tell us any more than that.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Seymour getting ready for his party and MMXII Coming out early

maybe Tat is just covering his bases just in case something does happen Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: