welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The GOP and friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hate. I got nothin' but love for my homies.

I just like some of them to show the propa respect, yo.

Also I like nicknames.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey russell
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
That post goes into the evidence that thy is probably just a really shitty troll by now, so

Nearly all your posts about me are evidence of some cancerous bitterness you possess and for whatever reason can not let go of.

What Dogen does not seem to understand is that I made a statement that he had a problem with.

The burden of proof is on him when he decides to bitch about it, not me.

I'm waiting for that proof; the reasons why the united states is better off with liberal arts graduates in power, rather than any other discipline.

If that isn't clear enough for you, I'm going to have to start calling you names that diminish your self esteem.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Sam wrote:
That post goes into the evidence that thy is probably just a really shitty troll by now, so

Nearly all your posts about me are evidence of some cancerous bitterness you possess and for whatever reason can not let go of.

What Dogen does not seem to understand is that I made a statement that he had a problem with.

I'm waiting for that proof; the reasons why the united states is better off with liberal arts graduates in power, rather than any other discipline.

If that isn't clear enough for you, I'm going to have to start calling you names that diminish your self esteem.

Thy,

YOU ARE THE CANCER
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

"It's your issue that i'm reliably incomprehensible and nonsequitorial and cannot communicate coherently and I'm going to use that as as an excuse to start insulting you."

Yeah let me know how that goes for you badtroll
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:

"It's your issue that i'm reliably incomprehensible and nonsequitorial and cannot communicate coherently and I'm going to use that as as an excuse to start insulting you."

Yeah let me know how that goes for you badtroll

Not my fault you can't connect thoughts from A to D Kevin Bacon.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw snap, he just equated you to a respectable and modestly successful actor. You gonna take that man? You really gonna take that?
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is any indication, it's going to be diagnostically fascinating to see how thy expects he is going to diminish my self-esteem
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness Sam, there are pictures where you could have passed for Bacon's much much younger brother, or possibly illegitimate love child.

Also, made of bacon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i definitely vary between being a young kevin bacon to being a manlier justin bieber. but please god never a michael cera
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

Pointing out the false nature of a statement is not providing support for its negation. Don't worry, I'll spell it out for you, since it's clear logic isn't your strong suit.

Pointing out, rightly, that "people with liberal arts degrees shouldn't have power" is a stupid thing to say is not, through any kind of tired, trite, poorly executed logic, support for the statement, "the world is better off in the hands of liberal arts majors." Indeed! What did Dogen say, if not something like, "judging people on the basis of their major is stupid." But, lo, Thy did gloss over that part because it was inconvenient, rational, and also right.

Thy: Right-handed people should never be allowed into power!
Me: That's dumb, handedness is a terrible basis for picking people.
Thy: So you think everything is okay?!
Me: No, you're being silly, let me be silly back you, for I am the walrus!
Thy: Why won't you explain why having right-handed people in power is better than left-handed people?!
Me: Aw, you're adorable.

Quote:

Yeah, good luck with that. In order to effect my self-esteem your opinion would first have to be meaningful to me.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:

Pointing out the false nature of a statement is not providing support for its negation. Don't worry, I'll spell it out for you, since it's clear logic isn't your strong suit.

Pointing out, rightly, that "people with liberal arts degrees shouldn't have power" is a stupid thing to say is not, through any kind of tired, trite, poorly executed logic, support for the statement, "the world is better off in the hands of liberal arts majors." Indeed! What did Dogen say, if not something like, "judging people on the basis of their major is stupid." But, lo, Thy did gloss over that part because it was inconvenient, rational, and also right.

Thy: Right-handed people should never be allowed into power!
Me: That's dumb, handedness is a terrible basis for picking people.
Thy: So you think everything is okay?!
Me: No, you're being silly, let me be silly back you, for I am the walrus!
Thy: Why won't you explain why having right-handed people in power is better than left-handed people?!
Me: Aw, you're adorable.

Quote:

Yeah, good luck with that. In order to effect my self-esteem your opinion would first have to be meaningful to me.

Oh I see, you're the rare breed that believes people can't be judged from their experiences in life.

I'd rather have a mechanic work on my car rather than someone who works at McDonalds Dogen.

Do I detect a bit of cowardice emanating from your evasions?

Answer the question please.

Thy Brilliance wrote:

Are you afraid of the answer?
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, you really don't understand logic. Even when it's spelled out for you... and recreated in simile...

Wait, is English your first language?

Anyway, you're asking me to answer a question that a) I never implied was true, b) you implied was false, and c) I claimed was based on ridiculous logic (that of choosing people on the basis of their degree). So my position on it should have been clear, and there was no evasion! In fact, I've been addressing it directly, with the same answer (once I figured out what you were asking), since my first post! It's like... I dunno... I'm logically consistant or something.

If you really need me to spell it out for you in yet another way, here it is: Picking who should have power on the basis of their major in college is helmet-wearingly stupid, and thus I support neither liberal arts major nor non-liberal-arts majors by default.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But no guys the real question is "At what point did Kevin Bacon's nose stop looking so damned weird" because it's been driving me a little crazy. Did his nose mellow with age or did he actually have something done to it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 11 of 30

Jump to: