welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The GOP and friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mindslicer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
IIRC, I ended up sprinting through the arts building looking for a graphing calculator I needed for my chemistry lab (and had left in Computer Science, which is in the arts building for some reason), which I only noticed was missing in my physics lecture, which ends only 30 minutes before my chemistry lab starts.

So yeah, had to sprint to dorm, throw on my labcoat, then sprint back across campus to check if my graphing calculator was still in the lecture hall.

In the process running through a group of fine arts students who gave me all kinds of weird looks.

You should have run through muttering "Great Scott!" and going on about gigawatts.
Bart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:
I'm working on a B.Sc, Chemistry major Shocked
But our university has a fine arts campus, I just avoid it like the plague. The last time I was there I felt like they were judging me because I was wearing a lab coat.

It was even more fun in forestry. You get some fantastic looks when you walk across campus carrying a hardhat and axe with a spencer tape on your waist.

Sounds good, did you ever try a running chainsaw ?
Mini J

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
IIRC, I ended up sprinting through the arts building looking for a graphing calculator I needed for my chemistry lab (and had left in Computer Science, which is in the arts building for some reason), which I only noticed was missing in my physics lecture, which ends only 30 minutes before my chemistry lab starts.

So yeah, had to sprint to dorm, throw on my labcoat, then sprint back across campus to check if my graphing calculator was still in the lecture hall.

In the process running through a group of fine arts students who gave me all kinds of weird looks.

This was at UBC? If so, they had comp sci in arts? When I took it (and failed miserably) it was in the physics and astronomy building, iirc. Never took anything but arts (oddly enough) in the arts building.

what residence did you/do you live in?

(Disregard the above if you did/do not, in fact, attend UBC.)
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mini J wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:

This was at UBC? If so, they had comp sci in arts? When I took it (and failed miserably) it was in the physics and astronomy building, iirc. Never took anything but arts (oddly enough) in the arts building.

what residence did you/do you live in?

(Disregard the above if you did/do not, in fact, attend UBC.)

Right school, wrong campus. I'm at UBC Okanagan, aka UBC for people too lazy to make it into UBC Vancouver. We don't even have a physics and astronomy building up here Laughing. As far as I know, our buildings are Fipke (Arts and sciences), the ASC building (Arts and sciences), the Arts building, the Engineering & Management building, the Science building, and the Health Sciences building. Honestly, it's a nightmare because science classes occur in almost every building on campus.

Just stay away from the engineering building, the engineers have formed some sort of cult that I think involves human sacrifice to the machine gods and chanting things in Greek.

Heretical Rants wrote:
SINFEST FORUMS
PICKING APART EVERY DETAIL OF WHY FRITTER HAS ANYTHING AT ANY TIME

Maybe I should just petition Tat to change the forum's name to "The Life and Times of Fritter". Also, our lecture halls don't have any computers in them, only the labs. And I generally don't lug around my laptop.

Also, although this should go in the Life's Little Pleasures thread, I got my final chemistry mark back, B+/A- 81%. Well above the class average for the course and the exam. Feels good. Apparently it has the highest failure rate of any course, at 25%. As our prof said at the beginning of the year, "4 enter, 3 leave".
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swanky.
tinkeringIdiot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::swoops past on an elliptical orbit::

So the GOP here in the ol' STL approached the pride fest organizers about becoming an official sponsor. No official word on that impending hot mess, but keep your ears out for witty nocoast commentary on the subject.

::sparkles::
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the GOP, marching ever onward towards being a regional party
Kenshiro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* Somehow I'm not surprised.

I guess it's time to start investing some of my savings in bitcoins.
Mizike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's a keeper.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitcoins, the currency of the fuuuuuture

*hope you like scams and wallet.dat theft
Kenshiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No system's ever perfect; we'll just have to see how things play out.

Best of luck to you.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenshiro wrote:
No system's ever perfect; we'll just have to see how things play out.

Best of luck to you.

Yeah, bitcoins are just more imperfect than most, being JUUUUUUST this side of a ponzi scheme.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitcoins sound like a brilliant idea. It's totally safe and reliable and above board and hasn't lost half its value in the last 18 months.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about trillion dollar platinum coins
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 13 of 27

Jump to: