Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Horrors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140 ... 1236, 1237, 1238  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks! Any idea of what to do next?
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Gary, what happened?
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Buying a house on "short sale" is stomach ulcer inducing levels of stress.

I just want it to be done, I signed papers 3 months ago and we are still jumping through hoops. Had to get 2 extensions so far from the seller for the contract, still waiting to see if the second has even been approved or I could lose the sale.

Well, looks like I'm done with the paperwork and arguing.

In order to get the sale extended any further the bank is insisting I pay a $35/day fee for a time period no less than a week, but could be as far out as several months. I told them where to stick that offer.

My agent is going to try to bypass it, but looks like I will be house hunting again.

If it falls through I'm out about $1,200 in the inspections the bank "needed". By needed I mean they took the money from me, my account says the money went to the bank and I have seen no forms of receipts.
CTrees

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My employer lost the recompete on the contract I (and a few hundred other people down here) work on. Got some time before things truly end, but it's time to go job hunting.

The contract extension would have come with a large, automatic raise for my entire team (by changing our labor categories). The plan my wife and I had was that if the recompete went through properly, we'd then start trying to have a kid. Now I need to get back to a stable position again before we get to start working on that.

My job performance made absolutely no difference in all of this. No one's really did-our performance is rated extremely high by the government across every category. It was our proposal team's failure, but everyone is hosed because of it.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez, ded - sounds like you need to go bank-hunting as well. do they not get that it is to their advantage to get you into a mortgage? nickel-and-diming you to death on trivia that might bitch the sale just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

and my sympathies to you, too, ctrees - not fun at all to have your job disappear because of someone else.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ct, we're like job brothers. Jo-bros!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your loss Martian!

And get a job you hippies!
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hospital is in trouble with the federal government. For what? Giving free medication to homeless people. See, as a Medicare-funded facility we receive preferred pricing on medications, but we're legally barred from giving meds to patients; we have to sell them at a government-specified price so as not to compete with retail pharmacies. Apparently, even though homeless people will never buy drugs at a pharmacy, and many of them get admitted every three to six weeks because they can't afford and therefore don't take their meds, giving them a 10 day supply is illegal.

Because maybe someday they'll go get a prescription filled at Walgreens, or just die, or something. Gotta look out for the corporations.
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get that straight, you should bill them, even though that incurs administrative costs. Then, when the bill naturally doesn't get paid, you'll probably be forced sue them for the amount owned, incurring lawyers costs, which will still end with them not paying because they have no money.

Sounds like a good plan.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Hey ct, we're like job brothers. Jo-bros!!

By the end of the week, I may be joining you two. Long story short our district manager is a shit bag. The store is falling apart because we're not allotted enough hours to staff enough people to do everything we need to do. Basically, our DM is banking hours in all her stores in order to make herself look good and fatten up her own bonus. In the process, she's blaming everyone else for for the failings. This is basically the third time this sort of thing has happened, multiple stores in her district with multiple issues, yet she still manages to make herself look good. Home office is a bunch of dumb fucks for not realizing the trend sooner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
Let me get that straight, you should bill them, even though that incurs administrative costs. Then, when the bill naturally doesn't get paid, you'll probably be forced sue them for the amount owned, incurring lawyers costs, which will still end with them not paying because they have no money.

Sounds like a good plan.

Oh no, this is even worse, because we do all that anyway. While you're in the hospital we charge you for every piece of gauze that wafts in your direction. When you - insurance-having you - leave, though, you typically go with prescriptions for heart medication, insulin, etc. You fill it at a pharmacy somewhere else.

If you're homeless, though, we used to send you out with 10 days worth of meds at no cost because, fuck, it's better than nothing, right? Well, the government disagrees, and so now we can diagnose your diabetes, or your heart failure, but once you're stable we send you out in the cold with nothing in the hopes that your homeless ass will find the $500/month it takes to buy insulin without insurance.

10 days won't save anyone's life, but nothing seems awfully fucking cold.
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
10 days won't save anyone's life, but nothing seems awfully fucking cold.

Isn't there a charitable foundation associated with the hospital? There usually is, precisely to do not-for-profit sorts of things like this. It seems to me that having the charity foot the bill would get around the issue with the feds. If the hospital donates an amount roughly equal to the sales proceeds back to the foundation, then it nets out just like giving the meds away, modulo some paperwork and maybe sales tax. Of course, I am not a lawyer, etc. etc. and perhaps someone has already thought of this.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. We have a foundation, and we provide charitable care (that is, for free to people who qualify), but the problem seems to be specifically with giving people medication when they leave (are no longer patients). I'm sure there are ways around it, but we used to give medication to low income people but got in trouble for that and stopped. So I can only assume there's some impediment to doing it (which could be anything, including it just being inconvenient), and we'll probably just stop helping homeless people, too.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
geez, ded - sounds like you need to go bank-hunting as well. do they not get that it is to their advantage to get you into a mortgage? nickel-and-diming you to death on trivia that might bitch the sale just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

With out going into too much details I stopped and asked him if I am contractually bound to pay them anything or if I am free to walk from the contract (for the loan not the house). They said no nothing is finalized yet. I suggested it might be in my best interest to take my loan, and my account some place else. It was quite amazing how suddenly those fees were taken care of.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you!

....but that still sounds like a reason to take your account elsewhere. still, i hope you can get the house first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140 ... 1236, 1237, 1238  Next
Page 1139 of 1238

Jump to: