welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1075, 1076, 1077 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the effect of stray thumb brushes on the touchpad annoying enough that I disable the touchpad and use a mouse with my laptop when I have to use it for some extended editing, or I get exactly the effect you describe, with my text insertion point moving randomly, or sections of my text getting deleted when I inadvertently select some and type over it.

Activating MS Office should be as simple as entering the 25-character code from the card inside the box. And I think it will work for a while even without activation. Or are you having a different problem there?
Pint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning off the touch pad is a good idea.

I bought the Microsoft Office software separately and they are supposed to activate it when you buy it so that you can get the pin from the code in the card, but they didn't activate my code, so I have to go back tomorrow with receipt and code for them to activate it. Guess it is so people do not steal the codes? Who knows. On my trusty MacBook for the rest of the night Smile
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the old Windows interface and features can be brought back if you install 3rd party tools like Classic Shell. Features like a real Start menu, but also stuff that was removed from the file manager interface.

If you've got more than a few programs you'd like to install and keep updated, it might be best to try ninite. Click on the programs you want to install, then click Get The Installer at the bottom. Ninite automatically fetches their installer programs, runs them, unchecks all the bloatware toolbars, and periodically installs the new versions of each program as they come out. Classic Shell is on there (as Classic Start), too.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++ At my GF's place

+/- living with a different family from a different culture is funny.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came back to my dorm to find that my roommate left broken "glassware" (aka bong) in our bathroom. Dorm services cleaned and inspected the dorms while we were gone on break, and lumped it in with my stuff on the counter. So now I'm expecting a visit from the dorm manager at some point in the future to tell me I'm kicked out of dorm for drug use. I don't even smoke weed.

Positive note; christmas is always good. Lots of turkey, and a VooDoo Labs SuperFuzz pedal for my guitar. Life is once again in a balance of sleep deprivation, panic, and relaxation.
Him

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+Fiiinally getting the new wallpaper I was promised by my landlord. The old one's probably's been through a couple of tenants or at least look like it. so new ones will be neat. Got to pick them myself. However...
- They only inform me yesterday that they're coming by. 7:30. This morning. Uuugh. Also for some reason they're painting the ceiling too. I mean that's...nice. I shouldn't complain. But it still.makes it that much more difficult for me since yeah well technically it's a one room and kitchen apartment.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got drunk and trimmed my nipple hair
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's that a mixed bag?
Atrophy Annie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has mixed feelings about his nipple hair.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the nipple hair issue has long been resolved?
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nipple hair was long, that's for sure. Plaited down to his waist. I think Mike's mixed bag can best be summed up as:

+ nipples now hairless and pink
- blunted five good razors

Though as a further plus I think 'Mike's Mixed Bag' would be an excellent brand name for an assorted mixture of bagged bar snacks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band could have been big

if I'd restrained my urge for razoring :(
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a nearly a year I of the initial two interviews, I got a call back for a job interview.

Which is great.

However the guys from company, almost refuse to set the exact time and place for the follow-up meeting/interview. Leaving it to me to decide. Which is frustrating, I have no idea what the tone of the meeting will be, I have never met the person I meeting, so I am totally clueless of how casual or formal place should I suggest. It's annoying me, cause this situation is highlighting my worst character features: my social awkwardness (I've gotten so good at typing that word, I never misspell it)

So objectively speaking situation is good, but I am a nervous wreck.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you aren't sure how to dress, erring on the side of caution and dressing nicely seems to be the safe route. Good luck on your interview!
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best advice my dad ever gave me was to always dress nice for an interview. It shows you're serious about wanting the job. School taught me to dress like my boss/interviewer, because people like people who look like them.

I've never been asked to pick a place to meet for an interview, but in America it would almost definitely be a coffee shop. Coffee shops are cheap but trendy, which is a good mix. If you're applying to be a bank robber, though, which it kind of sounds like you are, pick a place across the street from a bank and case the joint beforehand so you can tell them how you'd rob it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1075, 1076, 1077 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next
Page 1076 of 1133

Jump to: