welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On the subject of flame wars...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 TrustedFaith...

Completely disturbed by these comics. Samsally was right.. I should proceed with caution.

With all honesty... Tat should remove/block Death Ray. Not only is he posting about child molestation, but he's posting his own comics on Tat's Forum. That is disrespectful on more fronts than one.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why he draws them (tf could be right), but I'm sure he switched from posting his Charlie Brown knock-off to his child abuse comic as retaliation - he constantly refers to it as controversial.

He's just more or less repeating what he did the last time he was here. He showed up, shoved his comic down everyone's throat, got all "you can't tell me what to do" when we told him to shove it, hung around spamming us and getting mocked for a few weeks, and then disappeared.

This time he drew a comic starring my avatar, which was new (and possibly the best work he's ever done, IMNSHO), but otherwise he's just being typical overbearing Jason.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks! He can barely manage a few days. Weirdly though it looked like he might be joining some other conversations, what with him discussing bronies and awkwardly flirting with Him. Alas, alack, the strain was too much and he's back to this clown shoes shit.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you've proved me wrong. I honestly believed that I gave no fucks about you or anything you post here, but that was well and truly disturbing. You've succeeded in getting me to give you any consideration beyond what was previously required to see your avatar and skip the accompanying post. And now, thanks to me having paid you any thought at all, I am fairly certain that you will find it satisfying or maybe even complimentary that those strips bothered me so much... and that just makes me sad. Please don't get any ideas about "real art evoking strong emotion" or any horseshit like that, though. it's not your "art" that is making me feel like this, it's the realization that people exist who would even conceive of making a cartoon about child abuse, let alone think that it would be entertaining.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait

wait wait wait

maybe it's not the comic that is Death Ray's art

maybe

maybe he is his art

ohhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: 'kawaii' is how they say 'cute' in Nippon Reply with quote

Death Ray has smeared demonstrations of his character all over our forum. I think he's actually given us enough info to deduce the motivation behind this comic:

Clarissa was this totally kawaii female he messaged once online, but who put him in the friendzone, so he realized what a stuck-up bitch she really was.

Good thing, too, since she's probably the kind of female who always friendzones nice guys who look totally smart in their dapper fedoras. Really, she must have some sort of relationship issue that makes her prefer abusive jerks to gentlemen. I bet her dad molested her. Haha, serves that bitch right. I should make a comic about it.

Last edited by Sojobo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bitch, no matter how stuck-up, friendzones Weapon Brown.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a cool steampunk arm to go with my cool steampunk hats.
Death Ray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sojobo wrote:
No bitch, no matter how stuck-up, friendzones Weapon Brown.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I feel like Jason tends to take sarcasm as encouragement.

Buddy, what's going on? You're making confusing, verbose posts about conservatives, jumping in on other threads, but when it comes to the threads you made specifically to shill your work you're not dealing with any criticisms aimed at the work at all.

I'm sorry people made fun of your wizard hat, it's not the way I would have gone. Why google image search pictures of you in a wizard hat when there is so much to discuss in your comics?

Like, okay, we think your comic is a piece of backwards shit, but you've had some successes, and clearly other people like it. I mean, you've written for DC, published your books etc., so why keep coming back to the place where people think you and your comic blows?

Surely there are other forums out there who will give you the gentle ego massages you require? I'm just not sure we're ever going to give you what you want, buddy.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Surely there are other forums out there who will give you the gentle ego massages you require?

He should try Reddit. I suspect they, at least, will appreciate his misogynist-pandering enough to overlook the foreshortening-gone-awry malproportioned arms and legs.
Sojobo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I'm actually a bit impressed with that comic (minus the text). It uses the characters instead of merely referencing them, and tells a complete story - much better on both counts than the actual comic shared in the other threads.

And if he hadn't given the impression that all of his comics are made up of sexy violence and violent sex, I'd probably even be able to rationalize away that he's depicting a man kicking a woman in the face - it does serve the reference.

Of course, the fact that he is happy to cut the image from his own work and use it as a generic "yay violence against women" meme rather undermines whatever credit I might be willing to give.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the best thing he could do for his comics is to stop writing them himself, as in hire himself out as an artist for someone else's story ideas. I dunno, maybe get Dana Simpson to write for you or something.

I'm sure that together, they could produce something memorable, something quite extraordinary . . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something he could go bug some other forum about, at least
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pint wrote:
<3 TrustedFaith...

Completely disturbed by these comics. Samsally was right.. I should proceed with caution.

With all honesty... Tat should remove/block Death Ray. Not only is he posting about child molestation, but he's posting his own comics on Tat's Forum. That is disrespectful on more fronts than one.

I'm gonna put out the theory that back when Tat was up and coming in his early keenspot days, maybe even sooner, Jason did some kind of favor for him and now he holds that eternal gratitude over Tat's head.

Something like Tat being starving and homeless and Jason hooking him up with some kind of job or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: