welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-01-27: Too Real
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: 2013-01-27: Too Real Reply with quote

I want one of those "real" drones. Like, a little thing that I could put on the shelf and it would say drone catch phrases when I pushed the top.

Ok, i'll be happy if it just says 'Buttocks'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vancore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2013-01-27: Too Real Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

I want one of those "real" drones. Like, a little thing that I could put on the shelf and it would say drone catch phrases when I pushed the top.

Ok, i'll be happy if it just says 'Buttocks'

Did you.. did you just pitch Tat the idea for making a real spybot buttocks drone?

You DID!

And I could see that happening, and I'd be tempted, cause the idea of pressing a button on a little spybot that yells "BUTTOCKS" every time you push it downright hilarious.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, if Tat want's merch ideas I've got no shortage of him.

Part of me (the artistic, moral, well-meaning part) understands Tat not having merchandise (ala Watterson).

But part of me (ok most of me) is all rabid fanboy that would furnish (or at least accent) large portions of their house with Sinfest related swag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]And I could see that happening, and I'd be tempted, cause the idea of pressing a button on a little spybot that yells "BUTTOCKS" every time you push it downright hilarious.[/quote]

It needs motion detectors and a slight time delay so the person is just past the little drone when it busts out with "Buttocks!"

Also, I find the awe on the Devil's face weirdly sweet... Confused
Maynar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the Reality Zone got really really big when we weren't looking? It wasn't tedious enough when it was just a few square yards around a tree?

If that's supposed to be "Paradise," well, we know that wasn't always in the Reality Zone, since:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4023

Hard to believe it's been over a year since Li'l E's personality change (a few strips later)...and most of the other characters still haven't noticed.

On a separate note, it's been over nine months since that most enigmatic of Devil Girls, Mint, appeared:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4226

Maybe she'll return for this spring.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forests? Trees? Clean water? What reality is this!?
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's really Paradise. The Devil just stopped to appreciate the beauty that reality represents. Have in mind, Tat has only drawn these kind of landscapes either at Paradise or in the reality zone. And the Devil can't enter either of these places. This kind of beauty is foreigner to him.

However, while I know that it isn't what Tat intended, I do like to interpret this as being both reality and the Paradise. After all, it's hard to imagine a Paradise that's better than our great, complex and wonderful planet Earth. Don't you think so?
Wheel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That scene reminds me of spot where Big D, Lil E and Lil E's mom were picnicking in that Sunday strip.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's what Paradise looks like as viewed from the Reality Zone?

As I've wondered before, if the characters consider the Reality Zone as different from their existence, what do they think their existence consists of? They don't usually seem to be aware that they're in a comic strip, and when fiction is your reality then Reality itself can only be a fiction. OSLT.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

Part of me (the artistic, moral, well-meaning part) understands Tat not having merchandise (ala Watterson).

But part of me (ok most of me) is all rabid fanboy that would furnish (or at least accent) large portions of their house with Sinfest related swag.

I've often thought that one of Seymour's early quotes (from his very second appearance) might look good on a t-shirt:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=94

"Repent, You Filthy Bastard! God Is Watching!"
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Reality Zone segment cannot be Paradise, because there are no unicorns in existence, unless we count narwhals. But that would just be ridiculous.
Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

I totally want a keychain of it. If they couldn't be mass produced, I could model one myself.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
So, the Reality Zone got really really big when we weren't looking? It wasn't tedious enough when it was just a few square yards around a tree?

Oh man, the Reality Zone sure struck a nerve, huh?

I'm pretty sure it was never just a few square yards around a tree. I always took it as a border, a boundary of sorts.
Maynar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=94

"Repent, You Filthy Bastard! God Is Watching!"

Do you see the light?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: