welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello. (Newbie introduction)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psiwrite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Hello. (Newbie introduction) Reply with quote

Been lurking for the last 8 years, and thought I'd finally register as I find this probably the most intelligent forum I've yet found on the web. Just posting to say hi because I couldn't find another introduction space, apologies if I've already violated some guideline somewhere.

Also it's remarkable how quickly one appreciates feminism when having two baby girls.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is everything wrong with your post:

a) all of it
b) eight years and you've never seen anywhere else to introduce yourself?
c) re: feminism, what?

Is this like when Tony Abbott spent a million years as leader of the opposition doing a whole bunch of awful misogynistic stuff, and then was finally called on it, and then said he couldn't be misogynistic because he has daughters?

Or is it like when Jay-Z said he would stop saying 'bitch' because he had a daughter? Because I don't think that article was true, so get your fucking facts straight, you fucking perverse imbecile.
CTrees

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eight years ago we were still at Keenspot...
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I see you've met the welcome party. Did he leave you a basket, or just put it directly into your ass?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Hi. I see you've met the welcome party. Did he leave you a basket, or just put it directly into your ass?

Its really too bad this newbie showed up AFTER youngbluh riled up the natives.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

There is a place for this kind of introduction. After being around for eight years (whut?) you probably should have known about this. But no worries. The place your looking for is in the alley behind The Clarence Hotel on Wallgate, you know, the cobbled bit with the bong shop on it. Just up from where Stilletoes used to be, near the Santi Bag Takeaway (or Sanitary Bag Takeaway as us cool kids used to call it).

Meet me there at seven, and bring money. Grab a £10 bag if you can too, I don't really partake but it's always nice to know there is some if we fancy it. I'll bring a couple of girls down, I don't really know them so don't leave your jacket on the side, but a friend tells me they're girls to be avoided, so they must be fun.

Anyway, look forward to it - we'll be properly introduced then, and we can finally complete your forum 'registration'.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello. (Newbie introduction) Reply with quote

Psiwrite wrote:
Been lurking for the last 8 years, and thought I'd finally register as I find this probably the most intelligent forum I've yet found on the web. Just posting to say hi because I couldn't find another introduction space, apologies if I've already violated some guideline somewhere.

Also it's remarkable how quickly one appreciates feminism when having two baby girls.

The best type of introduction is one where you add thoughtful comments to an active discussion until you are acknowledged.

Creating a thread that essentially says hi and nothing more is just like asking for abuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: