Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On the subject of flame wars...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4171
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
A few weeks! He can barely manage a few days. Weirdly though it looked like he might be joining some other conversations, what with him discussing bronies and awkwardly flirting with Him. Alas, alack, the strain was too much and he's back to this clown shoes shit.

Either I was blissfully unaware or this is something that I've repressed.

In any case, I find his comics horrible. That he has a "weapon Brown" template about "bitches" "friendzoning" him...yeah that's another level of horrible right there.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trustedfaith



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3363
Location: My own little world...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if Him thinks you're horrible you must be a whole new level of it. Wink
_________________
My blog is back bitches!! Check it out and comment: http://www.quixoticroads.com

I'm also doing the twitter thing; you should stalk/follow me: http://twitter.com/sillygurlroo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4171
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
And if Him thinks you're horrible you must be a whole new level of it. Wink

I'd like to think I've matured a bit in the last 7 odd years. Can't say the same for our friend Jason here.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10636

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean 2011, 2009, 2007 etc...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10431
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you can't mature every year. That shit is hard.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4171
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
you mean 2011, 2009, 2007 etc...?

Part of doing it is, I think, not having this conversation right now. Sorry if I came off as too defensive over a throw-away comment.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10636

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like a good idea to me.

Or a short story about an autistic guy getting contradictory advice from some new age guru / mentor he deems infallible and making sense of it by following every bit of advice on alternating days

mon,wed,fri: grow up
tue,thu,sat: find your inner child
sun: think outside of the box

of course you'd have to adjust the ratios to match the frequency each piece of advice was given with, otherwise you'd just be making stuff up and that can't be right
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10636

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a funny yet thought-provoking short film then remade as a straight-to-dvd disaster with Ricky Jervais as "guy who follows bad advice to the letter"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10636

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Michael wrote:
you mean 2011, 2009, 2007 etc...?

Part of doing it is, I think, not having this conversation right now. Sorry if I came off as too defensive over a throw-away comment.


Just making bad jokes Him. Not sure what you're talking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
Kitten wrote:
the one with the bunny going "oh shit"? that's the one i remember clarissa from, and it haunts the shit out of me.


That haunts a lot of people. I just had a polish film director ask to turn it into a short film. I didn't like his take, however.

The GERMANS, on the other hand...


I instantly regret giving you any sort of positive feedback whatsoever. Anyone yeah, one comic that isn't shit, congrats pal!
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Death Ray



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:


In any case, I find his comics horrible. That he has a "weapon Brown" template about "bitches" "friendzoning" him...yeah that's another level of horrible right there.


Don't blame me. Sojobo is writing my material.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Death Ray



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
Death Ray wrote:
Kitten wrote:
the one with the bunny going "oh shit"? that's the one i remember clarissa from, and it haunts the shit out of me.


That haunts a lot of people. I just had a polish film director ask to turn it into a short film. I didn't like his take, however.

The GERMANS, on the other hand...


I instantly regret giving you any sort of positive feedback whatsoever. Anyone yeah, one comic that isn't shit, congrats pal!


(Bows, Bows). Guess it's your turn to write one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, yes, WELL WHY DON'T YOU DO ONE THAT IS BETTER THEN GOD IT'S HARD

it's some sort of greatest hits of whinging and excuse making.

I've actually started writing comics over the last few months, but I am decidedly amateur and learning the form. Me putting up a comic script to VERSUS YOU would do what... ? prove you've been writing comics for twenty years?
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Gary



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 6218
Location: Some pub in England

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
I've actually started writing comics over the last few months, but I am decidedly amateur and learning the form. Me putting up a comic script to VERSUS YOU would do what... ? prove you've been writing comics for twenty years?


Don't do it Dennis! You'll forever be the Lana Del Ray to his Gloria Estafan!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Death Ray



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 280

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
hahaha, yes, WELL WHY DON'T YOU DO ONE THAT IS BETTER THEN GOD IT'S HARD

it's some sort of greatest hits of whinging and excuse making.

I've actually started writing comics over the last few months, but I am decidedly amateur and learning the form. Me putting up a comic script to VERSUS YOU would do what... ? prove you've been writing comics for twenty years?


Oh, I wouldn't want you to go toe to toe with me, the results would be pitiable. You were simply being spiteful for no reason. I know how many hits I've had, and they are quite a few. It's just silly to praise me on one hand and then attack my vanity.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group