welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions and Answers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 753, 754, 755  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you a character reference as well.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I don't really think 'character references' work unless you're sixteen and looking for a job at Burger King, or trying to avoid the electric chair.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarcasm aside, thanks man. You are a beautiful person.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there comforters specifically made for recliners, or should I just use an old fart-filled one?
Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those really your only options?
Canopus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ho, got me there. I ordered a recliner cover so it should be looking like a big ole cake in about a week.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh. have to put together a schedule for next quarter.

-one class i could take is "philosophical analysis of issues in feminist theory." some friends of mine took that last year and said it pretty quickly turned into complaining about how sexist the philosophy department is.

-one is on the philosophy of religion. i really wanted it, but then they decided it would be taught by the one guy that everyone on campus says is horrible and awful.

-one is on Alan Turing. i'm not really sure i want to end this quarter, and my UCLA career, the same way i ended last year: getting my ass kicked by a logic/semantics course. on the other hand more logic probably can't hurt me (unless it can).

-one is a feminist geography course. i have no idea what geography has to do with feminism but i kind of want to find out.

-and one is a fifty-student lecture with Jared Diamond. you have to be special to get in but i'm fairly sure i'm special.

all of these courses conflict with each other somehow and i'm pretty much done with my degree requirements; i just need to collect enough units.

halp what do
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit, it'd be hard for me to willingly give up a lecture with Jared Diamond.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all over the Jared Diamond class and the Turing class... but I loves me the logic.
Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ending your career at UCLA with a class lectured by jared diamond sounds pretty awesome, except i know all too well how shitty the system can be for signing up for classes, especially 'special' ones. good luck with that 50 page paper on 'Reasons why I deserve to ask Dr. Diamond questions about Guns, Germs, and Steel' =/
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
ugh. have to put together a schedule for next quarter.

-one class i could take is "philosophical analysis of issues in feminist theory." some friends of mine took that last year and said it pretty quickly turned into complaining about how sexist the philosophy department is.

-one is on the philosophy of religion. i really wanted it, but then they decided it would be taught by the one guy that everyone on campus says is horrible and awful.

-one is on Alan Turing. i'm not really sure i want to end this quarter, and my UCLA career, the same way i ended last year: getting my ass kicked by a logic/semantics course. on the other hand more logic probably can't hurt me (unless it can).

-one is a feminist geography course. i have no idea what geography has to do with feminism but i kind of want to find out.

-and one is a fifty-student lecture with Jared Diamond. you have to be special to get in but i'm fairly sure i'm special.

all of these courses conflict with each other somehow and i'm pretty much done with my degree requirements; i just need to collect enough units.

halp what do

I would stay the heck away from feminist geography; although it can be interested, it will (from my feminism geography experience in Canada) be a lot of trouble; I guess. It accounts for my only C in university. for the rest, Turing seems cool. If you're bad at logic, do more logic. Or semantics. Semantics is always good.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was so bad about feminist geography?

also, yeah, i would probably be pretty stupid to pass up a class with Jared Diamond, huh...
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the hell is feminist geography?
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of backstory:

The house is depressing, and I constantly getting out for most of the day. Reason is Mom, who doesn't do anything to the house. She just lies on the sofa and watch tv. I want to do so much (get rid of loads of stuff in the garage for one) but I don't know how I can do it without her permission. We have two dogs who are not housebroken, and she leaves them inside. She rarely cleans up the mess properly; she uses vineger and water: dunno if that works or not. We even have two roosters in the @#$% backyard, for goodness sakes!

The point of this leads to the question: What can I do? I cannot sit back and watch the house rot. The place was my parents' pride, and to see it fall into decay is heartbreaking.

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
what was so bad about feminist geography?

also, yeah, i would probably be pretty stupid to pass up a class with Jared Diamond, huh...

psssssh, class conflicts are easy to handle through administration

it's when you have 5 finals in one day that you should start to get worried.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 753, 754, 755  Next
Page 699 of 755

Jump to: