welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Little Pleasures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1629, 1630, 1631 ... 1715, 1716, 1717  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finnegan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get minor, temporary relief with acupuncture but it wasn't lasting, I was going in three times a week in the beginning, and it wasn't covered by my insurance so I was shelling out almost US$300 a week. I would have gladly paid that much if it had a significant effect (plus I think it is only so frequent at the start of treatment). I gave it a month and, with no lasting improvement, called it quits. The cranial-sacral therapy is somewhat similar in that it only seems effective when it is being applied (though to a greater degree and with some staying power), but like acupuncture they say with repeated treatments the effect becomes more permanent.
Western medicine has tried for almost a decade to address this and has only succeeded in getting me addicted to painkillers. I've done Eastern and alternative medicine and osteopathy as well but met with the same lack of success. next week I'm getting electrodes shoved into my brain and giving occipital nerve stimulation a try, but I'm not super optimistic.

I live in the american northeast, by the way.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Falkonn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sounds like you live with a lot of pain. =\ And yes acupuncture can be expensive depending on the practitioner that you go and see. You might want to give what they call community acupuncture a try. It's a business model that does just what it sounds like. Instead of treating one patient at a time it works more like a doctors office where the doctor has two or three patients at a time in different rooms and they just go from room to room. I suggest this because it might be worth the 15-40$ per treatment for you to get the therapeutic effects that you were getting from it before.

And yes, just like your describing it is common for patients to need acupuncture less frequently after they've been going for a while. I go about once a month right now but the end goal is for the patient to only need to come in either at the change of seasons or once a year. The end goal is that the patient feels healthy enough that they don't need to see you very often.

Edit: I'll send you a pm so we don't clog up the thread. =)
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can have sex again! Yay!
Pint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
I think I mentioned this, but my wife just started bikram yoga (sp) and loves it. 5 classes and there is already a noticeable difference in her appearance. And best of all, she likes it and the results. It might seem vain, but she looks at her self in the mirror with joy now.

That's great that the classes are having a positive effect on your wife! It is not vain to love oneself. Smile

Taught my first class here in Nevada. It was super inspiring. I had around 20 people from all walks of life in my class, many who had not done yoga. One girl was doing yoga for the first time after surviving brain cancer and chemo. She loved the class! There were many positive responses to the class and I am inspired to continue to bring yoga into the lives of others.

It is nice to have my passion for yoga back.
Pint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also YAY Las!
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
I can have sex again! Yay!

Technically, I can too.

Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So proud of my sister right now, for completely burning me whilst talking about tattoos.

Me: I was going to get '79' tattoo'd on me.
Her: Why?
Me: It was the year I was born ...
Her: Won't that upset your sixteen year old girlfriend?
Me: Fuck off, so you have wings tattoo'd on your wrist to remind you what brand of sanitary pads to buy?
Her: Yeah, 'cos you can never remember what brand your sixteen year old girlfriend use.
Me: Just ... uh ... shut up, right?

I don't have a sixteen year old girlfriend. I'm not Scott Pilgrim. But if I did ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was funny - tinkeringidiot called me and told me he was sympathetic to my restricted sex life - he had been hit in the dick with something like a hockey puck or something.

Anyway, sex is still restricted but I can have it again (just in one position but better than zero!). I still have pain but it is less than before.

Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Sex is still restricted but I can have it again (just in one position but better than zero!)

The mouth?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't understand - arousal hurt me. And dick in my mouth is certainly arousing. So I guess I am up to two positions - oral and on my tummy. Note - keeping your legs together does not restrict sex - it just makes it more fun.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
You don't understand - arousal hurt me. And dick in my mouth is certainly arousing. So I guess I am up to two positions - oral and on my tummy. Note - keeping your legs together does not restrict sex - it just makes it more fun.

The mere fact that you call it 'tummy' tells me you're not ready yet ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Gary, I am actually being correctly detailed. I am in fact laying on my stomach/tummy and not on my knees.

I think you are just pulling for you having to vet me for sex. Which would probably include sex. Nice try.

Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The technical name for that position is prone bone.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
nono, honey bees are _good_.

they really and truly aren't the same as wasps.

really, if you aren't careful, you are going to get a reputation as some sort of hymenopterist.

Bumble bees are cute in their own way. Little fat guys that flitter about as the dog romps through the clover fields.
Canopus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Gary, I don't stand a chance either!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1629, 1630, 1631 ... 1715, 1716, 1717  Next
Page 1630 of 1717

Jump to: